Family for Guyver

Ramothis zoanoid troubles

      Isis looked over at Christopher Todd. He wasn't much to look at, and now she was in charge of him. Director Johnson that she could do anything she wanted to with him. But Isis didn't have the slightest idea what to do with him. He understood most things that people told him, and seemed to be a quick study. But that did not mean that she wanted to leave him in her lab overnight. He could get into trouble, or mess up something important.

      Isis smiled and thought about the questions that Christopher had already asked her. He had already asked about the transformation tube. His words had been something like, 'you could drown a man in that thing, just what do you do with it?' And more simple ones... Like when she told him about zoanoids and his question had gone, 'I can turn into a monster? How?' She almost laughed remembering his face when she had told him that if he tried to change in her lab, she would strangle him. Isis did chuckle as she remembered the looks that her lab assistants had given her on that occasion.

      Christopher looked around worried. He knew that everyone was leaving soon. That they all had some kind of home to go to. But he did not know what was going to happen to him. He had nowhere to go, and no one that cared one way or another anyway. Not even that nice Dr. Isis cares what happens to me. Not that I blame her. She has so much more to worry over than me. I am just some brain damaged kid, that she had a chance to try out her inventions on. And from what I have heard, there will be more people like that here tomorrow. What am I going to do? He could not help but let his mind wander.

      Isis sighed and made up her mind. She walked over to Christopher, and extended her hand. "Come on, Christopher. You are coming home with me, until you are fit to take up you job at Cronos again. I will be the judge of when that time will be. If you would like, we will even stop and shop for a little bit... It is my adopted daughter's birthday, and I need to pick her up a little something," like a cake, I can't bake her one, that is for sure. "You do need to get some new clothes and things, too." Isis smiled at him.

      He found himself smiling back, "I would like that Dr. Isis. Thank you, very much." He took her hand and stood up off the exam table where he was sitting. "There is just one thing. I don't think that I have any money."

      Isis laughed. "Oh, you do. You have back pay coming to you from Cronos. They take care of their sick. Don't worry about it." She was not about to tell him that Cronos generally just killed the ones that turned out like he had. But she was sure that she could indeed get the pay that was owed to him, before they left to go shopping.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Nilla opened the package that Micheal had given her and smiled. It was a very ancient styled ninja outfit. And she was sure that while it was not something that she would be using right now, that she would got some very good use out of it when she gets a bit older. "Thank you, Micheal. I hope that Isis does remember that it is my birthday today. I don't really want any presents... Terran is enough of that. But it would be nice of her to say happy birthday."

      Micheal smiled brightly at the now twelve year old girl. "Yeah, right, you don't want any presents for your birthday. Nilla, you did not look all in the box. Go on, take a closer look."

      With the bobcat looking into the box along with her, Nilla took the outfit out carefully. There were two items left in the box that she had not noticed before. One, the book of 'How to Make a Hand Grenade'. The second was a single hand grenade itself. Nilla's eyes lit up, and she hugged Micheal with glee. "Thank you. Thank you, so much, Micheal. I love it. Do you think that this could really take out a zoanoid?"

      Micheal tried very hard not to let Nilla notice just how happy her hug had made him. "Of course. Most zoanoids don't do overly good if you can blow them up. There are a very few that are strong enough. But you will not likely come up against any of them. If you need to use that grenade at all. You know that the Director did not let anyone else know about Isis being Guyver4. Maybe he will not send anyone after you. That is my hope. That they will leave you alone, but it doesn't hurt to be safe. That book tells you exactly how to build a number of strong grenade types. So be very careful if you try to make any. And only use them on zoanoids."

      Isis walked in the front door just as Nilla was opening the book and reading out the first sentence of the first chapter. "'When you take the pin out, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend. So give him to someone else' "

      Isis looked at the package and then the book. "Micheal, you are strange. Nilla, I hope you don't mind that I am so late. I had to shop for your gift, and I have brought a new friend home too." She then opened the door and Christopher walked in, holding the cake that was Isis' gift, and a gift from him. "This is Christopher Todd. He is a zoanoid, but he had some brain damage caused by his transformation. He doesn't know much right now. He will be staying with us here for a little bit. Christopher, this is my adopted daughter Nilla. And her babysitter, my friend, Micheal. Micheal is another zoanoid, but has left Cronos Corporation. He needed work, so I am paying him to baby sit till he can find something better. Outside Cronos there really is no place for zoanoids."

      Micheal and Nilla welcomed him. They trusted Isis, and it she brought him here, then he was okay. He smiled and put the cake, that he was carrying down on the dinning room table. "Thank you. It is nice to meet you both. I didn't really know what you would like for your present, Nilla, so I just got you this. The lady at the store said that all the kids that came in loved it. If you don't like it, I can take it back and get you anything else you want. I have enough money. Back pay from when I was mentally out to lunch." He did not know what it was about the way she was closing her one gift that made him very nervous about what was in it. Or, why he did not think that Micheal was at all sad about no longer being a member of Cronos. But those were the feelings that he got when he looked at them. Then he saw the bobcat. "Hey, I remember that thing. It gets bigger, and it bit me." He took a few steps back as Terran growled at him.

      Nilla looked at Christopher, and then at Terran. "Terran is just my kitty. You will get along with him. Don't worry. I am sure that what happened before won't happen again." In Terran's mind Nilla said only, "Now be nice. If he gets out of line in the future, then we can handle him. But for now, he is Mom's guest. And you will be nice, or no cake for you. Do you understand?" Terran looked at Nilla and then went to lay down in the corner. Then she said back to Christopher, as she opened his gift, which was a state of the art video game system. "Thank you for the gift. That lady was right. I love it."

      The party went pretty well. Christopher wasn't that much older than Nilla, and at least he didn't know about her grenade or ninja outfit. So Nilla almost began to get along with him. Until she looked over and saw the way Micheal was looking at him. As if the boy was raw meat. She had then made up some silly excuse to get up to bed, and asked Micheal to come tuck her in. Isis got up and began cleaning the dishes away, and did not say anything about any of it. Christopher was a different story. "Dr. Isis? How is it that you have an experimental zoanoid animal in your home? You did say that only about 1% of the animals that Cronos tried to make into zoanoids survived. And of those that did survive, none of them were very good, and many of them had very short lifespans. So why have one of them?" He had learned what he could about Terran during the party.

      Isis looked at him. "Christopher, that zoanoid animal is the only one that I know of that fully succeeded. His lifespan has not changed at all. His zoanoid form is a good enough one for an cat. And he has gained a slightly higher level of intelligence. Death Valley Base Research Team 1 tried very hard to recreate the same results in other bobcats. And were not able to do so. So they have, like all other Cronos labs, given up on trying to transform any animals at all." She looked toward the stairs as Micheal came down them and waved good night to her. After Micheal had walked out the door she continued. "I got to bring Terran home because there was one flaw in his transformation. He only obeys telepathic commands. I am a telepath. Makes since, doesn't it?"

      Christopher looked at Isis for a moment without saying a word. "You are? Wow. I thought that you weren't a zoanoid. You talked as if you weren't. But isn't only the hyper zoanoid type Kelley, and the Zorlord supposed to be telepathic? And the Kelley type can't send telepathically, right? And how does that explain that it seems to be Nilla's pet, and not your's?"

      Isis smiled. "Mostly you are right. The Zorlords would not make any zoanoid capable of sending telepathic messages. Except for the few of the Verbose type that they actually make. No, I was born a telepath. And so was Nilla. But I have learned to use my abilities, and she is still training in them. And yes, I am the only person that works at Death Valley Cronos Base that isn't a zoanoid. And I likely never will be one. I am not sure that my geno-structure is structured to be able to accept the changes in DNA."

      She thought to herself, and besides that. My guyver unit would only change my DNA back to exactly what it had been on the day that I boned to it. That means that it will be almost no chance of me ever carrying a child to term as well. When I would have to summon the guyver armor, if I was pregnant when I summoned it, I would not be pregnant when I sent it away again. I am just very glad that I have Nilla, I would just not feel right if I didn't have a child at all in my long, long, long lifetime. And to Christopher she said, "We have an early morning flight back out to the base. So you had best let me show you the guest bedroom, and you get some sleep. You probably aren't used to keeping my hours, and I have been told that trying to keep up with me could kill even most of the strong zoanoids."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Director Johnson watched the screen as Isis and her staff ran more tests, and even tried out various other parts of their new retransformation process. He was very glad that everything seemed to be working. But it still bothered him that Kelley was unhappy with him, and with herself. He looked up and saw Kelley come in for her morning briefing. "Janice, I would like to talk to you. Before we get down to business today. If that is okay with you?" He waited for her to nod, then continued. "You do know that I realize how hard it is on you. To have a friend, after all this time of only having me. But you haven't done anything to harm your friend, or her adopted daughter. I promise you. I will not send a team after the girl, unless Guyver4 gets way out of line. Death Valley Base is small. It is just a research lab for Cronos, and a secondary base. We don't have any of the military types here, other than a very few. Just the bare minimal that we can have and still keep security up. Isis is very important to me too, Janice. Take a look at this and you can see why."

      Janice Kelley watched as the Director turned the screen to a computer monitor on, and typed out a code on his keyboard that was imbedded in his desk. On the screen three DNA strands were displayed, side by side. "So, what? That is the DNA strand that we think is the Creators, and that is the strand of a human..." Kelley looked closer. "What the hell? Where did you get that other strand? From a guyver, or from a zoanoid?"

      "Maybe it is that. Maybe, being a guyver, this is what her unit has done to her. But I do not believe so. The guyver units, to all knowledge of them, only encode their host's DNA structure in the control metal. I don't think that it changes their DNA structures at all. If that is the case. Then this complete merging of Creator and human DNA is something that Isis was born with. The other DNA strand is Isis' DNA pattern." He waited for Kelley to grasp his meaning.

      Kelley gasped. "You mean, that you think that Isis is half Creator? Because that is what I see in this readout. It would have to be that one of her parents was a Creator. That means that there have to be some Creators still left on this world. Do we have any way of tracking them. Or of finding out if what this readout says is the truth, or not?" The thought that there were still Creators alive somewhere scared Kelley. She had no idea why the Creators had made humans, or then made zoanoids out of certain humans. But she was not sure that she would ever want to meet a Creator face to face. "Does Isis know about this?" I bet anything that she doesn't even know what the DNA structure of a Creator looks like. Let alone that her own DNA looks like it is half Creator and half human. Kelley thought to herself absently.

      Director Johnson looked at his assistant. "No. She doesn't know. I am trying to think if I should allow her to find out, or whether I should just have her told about it. There may really be some Creators left on this world, and maybe on their own world too. But we have no way of tracking them. All we do know about them, is that they constructed humans in a near perfect likeness to their own race. Perhaps some of the guyvers in history have actually been Creators. We aren't sure. We can't be sure. Not unless we can find some record of them, which I do not believe we will. Or we can find someone that has seen the Creators, and knows what they really are. That is not very likely either. But it is something to think about."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Jason Yamamoto watched the small flicker in the sky, it looked like a shooting star, only it was going the wrong way to be that. Goodbye, Mother, Father. I will miss you both, but I will find my cousin and make you proud of me. He turned back to the house that was once the only place he knew and sighed. All that he needed was in the small duffle bag at his side, and the money that was in the bank account. The money had come from his parents selling everything that they owned. Which, shockingly to him, was a considerable amount of stuff. Jason was now a very rich, very lonely, fifteen year old boy.

      All he knew was that his parents had turned out not to have been his real parents, but aliens, and that they had been recalled to their own world. He knew that there was one other alien, or half alien, here on Earth. And it was his mission to seek her out, and to help her to finish the mission set for her. That mission was the total destruction of all other guyver units, and zoanoids. His parents had told him that their own race was dying out, and that there weren't even a hundred thousand of them left. They had told him that all they wanted was for the human race to be able to grow into a fine race. Without the guyvers, or zoanoids, getting in the way.

      That made a lot of sense to him. Everything that his parents had told him had made so much sense. They just wanted to see their child race mature on their own. Nothing wrong with that. So he had to help to kill off a few of them that had transformed into monstrous zoanoids, and had to destroy all the inactive guyver units. No big deal. He would have his cousin to do it all with. Not that she really was his cousin. But they were the closest either of them had to a family now. Jason sighed again as he thought about how his Mother and Father had broken many laws to provide him with his guyver unit, now a guyver assassin unit. His parents had only had permission to build one of them, the prototype unit that his cousin, Isis, now had. But his parents had made the choice to build a second assassin unit, and had made it only capable of assisting the first assassin in the completion of the mission. He hoped that their government leaders would not punish his parents for what they had done.

      Hours later he sat in the plane and waited for takeoff. His Mother and Father had bought him a ticket to Las Vegas, and given him a picture of his cousin, Isis, when she was sixteen. She had bonded with her unit then, and had not aged in the following three years, so the photo would do to help him recognize her. No guyver ever aged past the day of their bonding with their unit. That is why his parents had waited till he was fourteen to give him his unit. He was still young enough to have a perfect bonding, something about the older a person is when they bond to a unit, the weaker the bond is to them. But at fourteen he also had been an early bloomer, so he was at a physical state of growth that made his parents not mind going ahead with the bonding.

      As the plane took off, Jason looked out the window. He could have just flew using the guyver unit's Gravity Globe, but that would not have been as fun as his first plane ride. He could not help but think how bad off his parents' people were. Their planet was not a dying world, it still flourished and thrived. But they were dying off. They had been unable to have children of their own for almost thirty years before they came to Earth and made the human race as warriors. Then after they were sure that there would be no war, they had come to look on the humans as their child race. They wanted humans to become a space faring race, and to some day live on their own homeworld. But in order to see this day, they had all, long ago, bonded to guyver units of their own. But their guyver units had been slightly different to the units that were here on Earth. Their guyver units did not have any weapons, except for the lazer that protects the control metal. His parents had not bonded with the Creator Guyver Units though, since they were going to be living on Earth for a long time. They had bonded to units that they had named Hunter Guyver Units. These units were somewhere between the normal guyvers, and the guyver assassins in strength.

      Isis' father had been his Mother's brother. He had been out in his Hunter Guyver state when he was attacked by a very large group of zoanoids. They had killed him, and his human wife had ran out of America to avoid getting caught herself. She had been pregnant with Isis at the time. Even though she had died giving birth, Isis had come out of it a perfectly healthy child, and had grown up strong. His parents had keep tabs on her until they thought that she was ready, then had positioned their own spacecraft in a spot that they were sure that she would find it. She had bonded to the assassin unit not three days later.

      But before they could reclaim their ship, Cronos had taken it away. This was when his parents first found out that it was not just some strange twist in the DNA that some humans were just born able to transform into their zoanoid forms. They had learned of Cronos, and the plan to take over the world, and to make all humans into zoanoids. This was not acceptable for them. They did not think that just one guyver assassin could do the work alone. So they had started making his unit to be an assistant to the prototype. Now he was on his way to meet his cousin and tell her that she did not have to complete her mission alone. Little did he know that he would first have to convince her to complete the mission at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Guyver4 sat in the top of one of the large redwoods. There, in a very large knothole, was the Biometal armor that Cronos had made to boost the hyper zoanoid types. Director Johnson had to have known that she had it but did not seem to care. She had learned that the project had be scraped, because the prototype had failed to destroy her. Now that she had it, she was not entirely sure how to use it. But she was sure that she could master it with time. And if her control metal would stop talking to her. She was beginning to think that she was losing her mind over this one. She needed to think of where to put it when she was at Cronos working. She certainly could not show up there wearing the Biometal armor. That would just be too much.

      "Host. You could let me send it into the pocket dimension where I send our unit armor. Then you can call it at any time."

      "Well, that does actually sound good. But if I am not strong enough to call the guyver, then won't I be too weak to call this armor too?" She still could not believe that she was talking to her control metal. The Creators could never have planed that it would take some 2,000,000 years for her to come along and activate the unit, so they could not have thought that the metal would have had time to develop an intelligence of its own.

      "Host, you can call the guyver armor without any strength at all. You only have to be strong enough to keep the armor from going back into the pocket dimension. This armor is not like the unit armor in that aspect, it will not return to the pocket dimension, unless you ask me to send it back."

      Guyver4 could not fault that logic, so she allowed it. She then turned from the now empty tree and used the Gravity Globe to fly away. Guyver4 looked around as she flew and saw a group of zoanoids fighting each other. What is this? Why would they be fighting each other? She flew down to land on a branch and look down at them. There were four of them. One of them was badly hurt, and it looked like the other three were trying to kill him for real. This is definitely not a training exercise. I wander if that one is a renegade.

      She listened to the zoanoids as they circled in for the kill. "You should never have left Cronos. We were good to you, weren't we?" "You have brought all of this on yourself." "Now we have to kill you. And you had so much promise." They were all Ramothis type zoanoids. And the three ones from Cronos were closing in on the renegade. Okay, I guess that I am a sucker for the underdog. Guyver4 dropped down behind the three attackers, and extended her High Frequency Vibration Blades out of her elbows and her heels.

      The three Cronos zoanoids turned slowly around to see Guyver4 standing there with her hands on her hips. "So? What you doing out here? Attacking a renegade, I see. Well, lets see... Should I help him, and kill you; or help you, and kill him? Choices, choices, why does life only give us choices? I think that I will help, HIM!" With that she charged the closest one and sliced his stomach open with one of her elbow Blades. One of the others went for her from the side. Guyver4 just sighed and kicked open his stomach as he came. The other one broke and ran away. Guyver4 laughed, "they are so stupid sometimes." She walked slowly over to the renegade. "Are you regenerating well enough that I can leave you here? He may come back after I am gone."

      The renegade looked up at her with large brown eyes. "I am sorry to have caused you any trouble, Guyver4. I will be fine here. Thank you for the assistance. And... We are all on your side. You ever need any help, you will have it. Trust me on that one." He then got up and limped away. Guyver4 just watched him go, and then toed what was left of the rapidly decaying zoanoids. I wander what all that was about?

      "Forget him. You do have to get back to work. It is only your lunch break and you have to hurry as it is to get back before you are missed."

      Guyver4 sighed and flew off and up. She was going to go to the upper atmosphere, so that she could hit FTL speeds, and get there is a few minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Jason Yamamoto got off the plane and looked around. He had never seen many other people in his life. And defiantly not this many of them. The crowd made him very nervous, and it only got worse as he walked out of the airport, and down the streets of Los Vegas. The city was all liter up, and the sun was down, and there were thousands of people walking down the same sidewalk as him. At least that was the way that it felt to Jason. He just wanted to find his cousin , and get out of this crowd.

      Looking around, Jason spotted a police officer, and walked over to him. "Excuse me, Sir. For troubling you. But could you tell me how a person would find someone that they are looking for in this city? I am not sure how I would locate her."

      The officer just looked at him. "You can't. Not unless you know her name, and she has a listed phone number. If you have that, and she does have a phone listing, then you can call the operator and ask for her address. Sorry, but there are just too many people that live here, or just vacation here, for us to keep up with them all. Do you have a good picture of this person that you are looking for? I could tell you if I had seen her. But can't promise that I have." The officer took the photograph and looked at it. "Nope. Sorry. I would have remembered a face like that one. Maybe you could ask around at some of the hotels too."

      The next thing that Jason did was call the operator from a pay phone. The operator only told him that she had no listings for an person that didn't have a last name, and none for anyone with the name Yamamoto either. Not that Jason really expected Isis to have known that her aunt's last name had been Yamamoto here on Earth. After that he started going into the hotels, and asking the desk clerks if they had seen Isis. None, that he asked, had seen her. But they told him that he could go into the casino parts of their hotel and ask around in there.

      Jason was even less happy about this, than he had been about the crowds on the sidewalks and in the airport. But he did have some success when he asked a brown haired lady if she had seen Isis. "Let me see the photo, kid." She looked at it, and smiled. "What you looking for the girl genius for? You some kind of friend from her country? She comes from Japan you know? Did you know that? Good picture of her though..." She lady smiled a rather silly little smile that made Jason think that she was drunk.

      He cleared his throat and took the picture back. Girl genius? Well, Isis must have got that from her father. All of the Creators are very smart. Jason thought, out loud he said. "Well, she is my cousin. I made a promise to my dying mother, that I would find out what had happened to her. I found out that she was in an orphanage for most of her life, and that she had moved to Tokyo, then she had come over here. But it was rather hard to pick up her trail in Tokyo. Like someone was deliberately trying to make sure that no one found her. But I will not dishonor my Mother. I have to find her. Can you tell me where she is? Please?"

      The woman gave him a strange look. "You are not related to Doc Isis. You can't be. She is WAY better than you. She is the best Doc in Cronos. You have to go away now. Or I will personally make sure that you never find her. By ripping you limb from bloody limb. Get it?" The woman stood up and started to change form. A Ramothis zoanoid type stood infront of him only a moment later.

      The people in the casino only looked on with interest and commented on the fact that so many movies were filmed around here, or that the casino had really outdone itself with this new show. Jason could not believe what he was hearing. It was like this kind of thing happened all the time. He took a defensive position and looked at the zoanoid that had been the brown haired woman. "I am not defenseless. I will not let you rip me apart. So you might as well not even try." He could not call his guyver unit. Not with all of these people around. They could get hurt by mistake, some of the armor's weapons were just too strong.

      Before the Ramothis zoanoid could do anything, another brown haired woman came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. "Best go back to the airport and wait on the chopper. You will be in trouble with the Director by morning. But for now, go get dressed and calmed down. Really, you always seem to start fights over the silliest things." The zoanoid woman sighed and walked away towards the bathrooms. The other woman turned to him, "So what was it? You insult her hair, or something?"

      Jason just looked at the newcomer for a minute. "Uh, no. I just asked her if she knew my cousin. She said that she did, and called my cousin 'Doc Isis', then she freaked out on me. She said that I wasn't good enough to be my cousin's cousin. Whatever that meant... Do you know my cousin?" He was very suspicious of the newcomer, and was sure that she was a zoanoid too. She was probably the leader of the group that the other woman was a part of. Jason could not help but remember what the woman had said about Isis being a doctor at Cronos. What is my cousin DOING, was what kept running though his mind.

      Isis has a cousin? What kind of joke is this? Kelley looked the boy up and down. "You have a picture of her. I could look at it and tell you if it is the same Isis, or not. My... friend... was a bit out of it and could have gotten it wrong." Kelley looked at the picture and sighed. No way that is anyone other than little girl genius herself. To Jason she only shook her head. "Nope. The Isis I know doesn't look like this. My... friend... must have really been drunk. Sorry, kid. Why don't you just go back home? You will likely never find you cousin in a city this big."

      Jason took the picture back and sat down looking at it. "But I have to. My parents are gone. We are all we have left, and she never even knew her parents. I have a picture of them, and one of my parents, to give her when I find her. I just have to find her." He remembered his Mother telling him how important the mission was, and how he had to get to Isis to help her complete it. He remembered saying goodbye to his Mother and Father, when they had entered their ship. And had been glad that his first fight against zoanoids, had been with his parents at his side. They were so proud of him, and the three of them had gotten his parent's ship back from Cronos, so that they could leave. Now, all he had to do was just find his cousin...

      Which was not getting any easier with him just sitting there. Jason got up and started to walk out, and down the street. Why can't I be better at using my guyver unit's telepathic abilities. My parents said that control over that part would come to me in time. But I could really use it now. That would help me find my cousin right off. All I can do is try it...

      Kelley followed the boy at a safe distance. He did not seem to notice her, which was good. What does this boy want with Isis? She can't have a cousin, can she? Is he half Creator, or does he know that she is? I have to find out. Then she heard his mental voice. It was very, very weak. And if she had not been less than fifty yards behind him, she would not have heard his call at all.

      "Isis? Can you hear me? Please, you have to hear me. You are all I have. I have to find you. Isis?" Jason just kept repeating her name over and over in his head. Trying desperately to boost it up loud enough for her to hear it. But he was not sure that he was doing it right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis turned over in her bed, she was moaning and caught in a bad dream. A man stood infront of her, and behind him was the pedestal that her guyver unit had been on. The man was talking to her. "Isis, you took it, you have to use it. You have to complete your mission. Destroy all other guyvers, and units, and kill all of the zoanoids. You have to do this. You have to succeed where I failed. Please. You are the last of our people. We will all die, I know it. But you will continue to live until our child race is okay. Until you rid them of the terrors of the zoanoids, and the dangers that the guyvers can bring to them. You are the last child born to our dying race, you have to help protect our child race. For you are of them too."

      Strangely enough, on the pedestal, with three little crab-like legs coming out of either side of it, was her control metal. It spoke to her as well. "You have to listen to what your father tells you. They killed him, you know that? The people of Cronos killed your father, and made your mother flee to Japan to get away from them. She died giving birth to you, because they had found her and attacked her. You were born too soon. A full month early. Don't you WANT to kill them for what they have done to you? Don't you, Host?"

      Isis rolled over again. Her dream self only screamed at the man, her father?..., and her mental. "Leave me alone. I never asked for you, or to be the child of a Creator. I didn't ask to have this mission. I don't WANT it. I don't care if some of the zoanoids are bad. I will kill them, if they are. But I will not kill my friends. I will never kill an innocent person. Do you hear me? I won't just murder people, just because they were caught and controlled by Cronos. Cronos will die, but not the people." Isis woke up, and sat straight up in bed. For a moment she got the strangest feeling that she should be somewhere. But she only blamed the dream that she had for that. A moment later she heard a soft knock on her door. "Yes?" She asked equally as softly.

      "Dr. Isis? Did you have a bad dream? I heard you moaning through the wall. Are you okay? Can I get you something?" Christopher asked from the other side of her door.

      "No. I am fine. Really. I just dream some really strange things sometimes. You get used to it working at Cronos. Don't worry about me, go back to bed. Okay?"

      Christopher muttered something she could not hear, and then she heard his door open and shut back. She was glad that Nilla's room was down the hall a bit. It would not do to have both of the kids awake because of her dream. She lay back down and stared up at the ceiling. What had the dream meant? She had always had dreams like it. People would be asking her questions about how she was going to do something. Something that she normally didn't know anything about. Then, it would turn out that she got into something, and remembered the dream, which had told her that she would be doing just that thing. She had learned to listen very carefully in the dreams, and to think them over very carefully afterwards. My father, and my metal? Great. Now I am getting bad. What ever happened to the panda and the piglet? I kind of liked the piglet...

      The feeling that she should be somewhere came back to her again. But she did not listen to it, she only thought about what she had heard in this dream. What did I say? That I was the child of a Creator... Could I have meant that? Or did I just mean that I was because of the guyver unit? What if I am not fully Human? Was that really my father talking to me, from the dead? Or is my brain really out to lunch here? If it is, it took my sanity with it. Great, my brain and my sanity are dating... Everyone gets a date but me. With that thought, and a smile playing on her lips, Isis fell into a deep and blessedly, dreamless sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the sixth installment of Guyver4's adventures. I hope you like the new problems that Isis and her friends now face. I would also like to thank all of those who have emailed me in support of my fanfic, and all my friends that continue to hound me to write more. And special thanks go to my friends, Vern and Dawn, for helping me get over my writer's block; and they know for what else. And don't forget to look forward to the seventh installment.

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter seven

Back to Guyver4 Fanfiction