The Friends of Guyver4

It's not Agito

      Agito Makishima sat reading over some documents that had been delivered to him. He was not sure that he liked the fact that someone knew where they were hidden. Sho and the others were sleeping in the other room of the small log home that they had found. The day before, when they had found the log home, they had been happy. It did not look to them like anyone had lived here in years. So when Agito woke up this morning to the sound of someone knocking on the door, well, he hadn't liked it at all.

      He had gone to the door and opened it. He was ready to call for his guyver armor if there was trouble. But strangly, the man on the other side of the door said that he was with a international shipping company. And he said that he had a package for Agito that he needed Agito to sign for. Agito had liked that part even less. But the fact that the package had come from America had made up his mind to sign.

      Now as he looked over the papers that had been in the package, he was very glad that he signed for it. First there was a picture of another guyver. Then there was another picture of a guy that looked almost exactly like him. Only the guy in the photo had half of his hair red, and the other black. Not like Agito's deep black hair. The next paper was the document that made up most of the package. The document that told about the guyver that had lived and died before he, or any other living guyver, was born.

      One of the most interesting parts of the document told that this other guyver's control metal had not been destroied. Rather, it had been sent to a Cronos base in the Ellsworth mountains of Antarctica. Not more than 500 miles away from the American Scientific Station. Inside one of the mountans, nearest the Ronne Ice Shelf, the control metal was kept frozen in a large block of ice. Well, that is one way to make sure that the guyver did not regenerate. I wander who could have sent these things to me. And why. Isis would have just told me mentally. It is too bad that I can't contact her.

      That was another thing that was bothering Agito lately. He had no way to contact Isis. He had to wait for her to call on him. For some reason, his mind was not as strong as her's. But then, according to her, she had been a telepath before she bonded with her guyver. Agito sighed, and walked into the other room of the log home. He walked over to Sho and woke him. "Come out, we have to talk."

      Sho got up without waking the others. They were all sleeping in pallots on the floor, because there was no bed. Once in the outer room with Agito, he spoke up. "What is it now? Have we been found?"

      Agito sat down and sighed. "I wish that it was that simple. Sho, someone knows that we are here. They sent these papers here." He handed the photos and the documents to Sho. "They tell of another guyver. Older than us. Before we were even born; this guyver lived, fought Cronos, and died. But you know how easily a guyver cheats death. This guyver's control metal was taken and frozen. If these papers are true..."

      Sho looked at the photos, then at Agito, who shrugged. "He looks like you. Only his hair is very different. So, what if this is some kind of trap? What then?"

      "Look at the last page. The last paragraph. Read it out." Agito told him.

      Sho looked and started to read. "This guyver, know only to Cronos as The Hunter, was not a normal man. From all DNA records that Cronos could gather, it is believed that The Hunter was a Creator. This being the case. Cronos will never destroy the control metal. Cronos will also never release the guyver inside of it. Even though the zoanoids, Zorlords and Zoalords have to obey the Creators, Cronos does not want anything to do with a living Creator. If that is what this guyver was, Cronos may never truely know. But he is very feared."

      When Sho finished reading the last paragraph he looked up at Agito. Agito just sat looking out of the little window that was the only sorce of light in the outer room of the log home. "I don't think that is a trap. I don't know who sent these papers here. But whoever it is. They want that guyver to be freed. And that is what we have to do. With, or without you, Sho. Are you in? Or not?"

      Sho shook his head. "I don't get it. What did the document mean? Zorlords and Zoalords? I didn't know that there were two kinds. And if not me, then who would go with you? I am in."

      Agito smiled and looked over at Sho. "We are working on a need to know basis. You, I, all of us. You didn't need to know that there were different leaders of Cronos. The Zoalords were made right along with zoanoids, by the Creators. But for some reason, the ones that the Creators made all died. Maybe the Creators themselves killed them off. Maybe they killed eachother. It is not known. About 3500 years ago, the zoanoid scientists found some documents about the Zoalords. They were very impressed and tried to duplicate the Zoalords. They knew that what they had managed to come up with was not a Zoalord. So they called them Zorlords. They were close, but not exactly what the Creators had made. Some 3000 years ago they took over Cronos from the one group of zoanoids that had been running it since the time of the Creators' leaving. The Verbose."

      "Well, aren't you just a well of knowlege today. Have anything else to share with me?" Sho looked again at the photo.

      Agito nodded. "Well, yes. I think that it may have been a Verbose that sent us the package. There were some rumors floating around in Cronos of another group of zoanoids. A company of the renegades. But I never put much stock in those rumors. Now, though, I think that I am beginning to believe them. And there is one other thing... But I can't tell you that just yet."

      "And what makes you think that these rumors are true now?" Sho did not like it when he had to go fishing for information from Agito. It was so hard to get him to open up. But then, Sho had always felt that Agito did not like him. Even after everything that they had already gone through. Sho did not know if Agito really trusted him, and he was too sure that he could trust Agito. He had already seen that being a guyver did not make you one of the good guys.

      "Look at the crest on the documents. That was printed on some company's letterhead. And that crest is the family crest of a man that came to be known as the first vampire. That is the symbol of the Verbose. They chose that crest because the Zorlords started spreading rumors about the Verbose. Those same rumors were the beginnings of the vampire leagons. And they are the reason that many Verbose died. The Zorlords came to hate the Verbose, for reasons unknown, and they would not have used that crest. Not even if it was in a trap for us." Agito pointed out the crest at the top of every sheet of paper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Director Johnson sat in his office. It was not like he ever went anywhere else. There was a secritary just outside all the time. Even though the girl changed every shift, there was always someone there who's only job was to get him whatever he wanted. And his chair was perfectly compfortable enough for him to sleep in, not that he needed that much sleep anyway. And there was a bathroom right off of his office. So he could go relax in a hot bath anytime that he wished it...

      Yes, I have everything here, but the one thing that I really want. And that I will never have. I will not force Janice Kelley to come to me. And if she hasn't come to me by now, there is very little chance of her ever seeing how much I care for her. Sighing, he looked again over the files that he had been going over. Running Cronos Death Valley was a hard job. But he was up to the task. He had been doing if for most of his life as a Zorlord. And The Twelve were very happy with him. Except in the most recent months. With Guyver4 around, The Twelve had begun to hound him. Something about her frightened them. And he knew what it was.

      Guyver4 was indeed the daughter of a Creator and a human. She was a guyver, and working against Cronos' best interests. Still, he found it hard to just give that information to The Twelve. What would they do with Isis? If they knew that she was not only Guyver4, but exactly what they are afraid of. Why does she have to be so damn likable? Does it have to do with her being half Creator. Should I simply destroy the DNA scan files, and never tell them that Isis is Guyver4? Could I get away with that? I have some protection from the Zoalord's control, but is if enough to hide something like that in my mind from them. Director Johnson also had to wander that if it were not for Janice Kelley's fast and growing friendship with Isis, if he would even be thinking of hiding Isis' identity.

      Still looking over the reports of how well the retransformations were going, Director Johnson decided that he would. Isis was a much bigger asset to Cronos as a genetic scientist, than she was as a dead guyver. Which meant that above all other things, he had to keep her with Cronos. He would have to find some way of making Isis stay on with them, no matter what the cost.

      Even if it costs me any chance I ever had with Janice. I can't let Isis Guyver leave Cronos. There is too much at stake as it is. Like all of Cronos' plans for ruling the world. And all of the power that he had already. Director Johnson was almost happy enough never to gain anymore of that power. If he could just keep what he already had.

      He thought about what he had already done with his life. He was the one that had started Cronos Death Valley. And he had made it into the largest factory of zoanoids in the northren hemisphere. Director Jonhnso was very proud of that fact. He could not let anything destroy what he had already done. He looked over the DNA scans one more time, before he threw them into a wastepaper basket and burned them. The Zoalords may find out about Isis, but not from him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      The renegade Ramothis type zoanoid sat in the tall redwood tree that he had climbed. He had decided that it would be harder for another team of Cronos soilders to find him up here. For him, that meant that this tree was not only the best place to be while his wounds healed, it was the only place to be.

      He stopped and thought about what had happened to him. He had really been minding his own business, camping. When the Cronos team had come up on his camp. It had just been dumb luck that one of them recognized him as a zoanoid renegade. They had transformed and attacked him right off. He had barely enough time to transform himself. There were more of them, than there was of him, and they were of the same type. He didn't stand a chance, and they knew it.

      The zoanoid, now in human form, almost growled. He could not help but remember the way that they had played with him. As if he were a rabbit, and they were dogs... They could have just killed him right off. But they had known that they could, and that made the way that they had treated the fight like a game even worse. If it had not been for Guyver4 showing up, he would be dead right now.

      Guyver4 was another subject to think about altogether. Verbose Micheal had asked all of The Company to watch out for the female guyver that had shown up. He did not tell anyone why he wanted her watched. Only that if she were in need of help, and help could be provided, that anyone in The Company was to provide it quickly. What did this guyver do that impressed Verbose Micheal so much? I mean, sure, she helped me out. But could she have done something of the kind for the Verbose leader of The Company?

      Right now David Tate only wanted to know that he had done the right thing in telling Guyver4 that they would always be watching her back. The Company had been formed by the Verbose and the loyal zoanoids almost 3000 years ago. Just after the Zorlords had taken over Cronos. Since that time, zoanoids that had been too difficult for Cronos, or that showed some sign of being able to resist the mental commands of the Zorlords, had all gone renegade. Those renegades were the zoanoids that made up The Company. And the Verbose were the ones that lead them. Just like it had been for all the centuries since the Creators left.

      David sighed as he felt his broken ribs finish their slow healing. He took in a deep breath and thought about how hard it had been lately. The Company was not getting in new members like it used to. Not since the rebirth of the Zoalord. There just weren't enough zoanoids that could resist the mental commands of a Zoalord... David had been one of the lucky ones. He had come into The Company after a major run in with one of the Twelve. He wasn't even sure which one it was, not like they just went around telling the common soilders their names.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Christopher Todd lay in his bed. There were so many things about just living life that he did not know anymore. He had woke up on the lab table, in Doc Isis' lab. And she had been telling him things ever since. She had told him first that he was just like an amnesia victim. He had woke up knowing only a few things. Like his name, age, and how to talk. Everything else he had to learn all over again.

      Christopher was only fourteen years old. So he really didn't have all that much to learn back. Basically he was just learning everything that Isis could teach him. And that was turning out to be a lot. For some reason Isis thought that he needed to be protected from knowing some things about Cronos. But he did not have the faintest idea what those things could be. Even when he asked her, she didn't tell him anything that he did not already know. That Cronos had used him, and had been willing to simply throw him away if her experiment in retrieving his mind had not worked.

      Isis had told him that she was troubled in her sleep sometimes. But when he had heard her through the wall. He had wanted to go to her, and make her problems go away. Isis was not the knid of person to accept help though. She wanted him to be okay, but she didn't think that he would want her to be okay too. Christopher sighed and tried to go back to sleep. He would worry more about the Doc in the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Sleek and ready for anything. Terran slinked across the desert. He had told Nilla that he was going to try to go hunting. Not that he had thought hunting was going to be so hard. Terran had never had it hard, living in the cage in Cronos' lab. He had never had a friend either. That was what Isis had given to him. She had given him a friend, and a life. And he planned to live it as best as he could, hardships and all.

      Terran sat down on a rock and remembered the days and nights of his life. At Cronos, he had only had a cage. His mother had birthed him there. He didn't know anything about being a bobcat, or a wild animal. He had never been given a chance to learn. His mother was killed right after he was born. And he had been exposed to the zoanoid process at only one week old.

      Terran remembered the pain of the shots. He remembered the fear of being placed into the tub of jell. And how he had thought that he would surely drown in the not-quite-liquid. Terran had spent almost seven weeks submirged in the jell of the transformation tub. When he had emerged from the tank, he had changed into his zoanoid form right off. He felt a sudden pleasure over the memory of what he had done next.

      He could remember the screams as he had used his large teeth to rip into the zoanoid scientists that had made him. It was something that he had always been proud of. That first time he had killed. But ever since he had come to know Isis, and met Nilla, he was beginning to rethink that feeling.

      Nilla, he thought of the young blond girl that had become his friend. She was sweet, and kind, and she had been hurt by zoanoids. Not that they had really hurt her, but the loss of her real mother had made her bitter toward zoanoids. He found himself wandering if she could bring herself to kill someone. Terran did not think that Nilla had it in her. Not unless it was a zoanoid, and they were trying again to hurt someone close to her.

      Terran got up and started back in the direction of the house. It would take him a little time, and he would want food soon after getting there. But he didn't want to be away from Nilla any longer. And he didn't think that he was ever going to get the hang of hunting for his food.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Micheal sat down at his desk and turned on his computer. He had to contact some of his agents in Japan and see how things with the other guyvers had gone. He logged on, and sent the satelite transmition. He was soon connected and had a realtime chat going with one of the Japan agents.

      Micheal typed. "Did you deliver the package to Guyver3, like you were ordered?"

      The agent answered. "I did. He was at the cabin with the others. Just the way that you said they would be."

      "Was Guyver3 surprised that you showed up there?" Micheal could not help but smile as he thought about how shook up that must have made Guyver3.

      "He did ask me many times how I knew that he was going to be there. Not that I answered any of the questions, Verbose Bane." The agent's typed answer made Micheal laugh.

      Micheal signed off, and disconnected. He didn't know if Cronos had come up with a way to track their satilite feeds yet, but he didn't want to take that chance. He looked over the file that he had been gathering ever since he had met Isis. There was quite a bit of information on Creators floating around Cronos. But Micheal would never have thought that there may have been a few of the aliens still on Earth. At least, he wouldn't have thought it, had he never met Isis.

      Isis was one of those people that you either love, or hate, right off. If it was love that you felt, then you found yourself feeling like you were a part of her family. And you tried everything that you could to protect her. If it was hate that you felt... Upon reflection, Micheal could not think of anyone that hated Isis. Not unless he was to count the now dead Checkers.

      Micheal sighed and closed his eyes. He could not help but let his mind wander to Nilla. Nilla, the girl that Isis had adopted. The girl that wanted to be a guyver when she grew up. The girl that he babysat for every day that Isis went to work. He sighed again, the 13 year old girl that he was beginning to fall in love with. If Isis knew what he was thinking when he was with Nilla, how he was just waiting for her to get older, would she still count him as a friend?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Sho walked in the woods trying to think about what Agito had showed him. Who could have known that they would be hiding in that cabin? They had not even known about the cabin untill three days ago. And if one group of zoanoids found them, couldn't Cronos do so too? Sho sighed. He also had to wander what Agito was hiding.

      Ok, simpler question. What is Agito hiding now? I don't get that guy. Only reason that I trust him at all is that he is a guyver. And he has helped us. He seems to be against Cronos taking over the world. But the way he acts sometimes, it is very hard to tell. Sho kicked at some rocks and tried to remember what life had been like before he found the guyver and became some kind of superhero.

      It wasn't easy. His grades weren't at the top of the class. He didn't know how to get the girl that he liked to like him back. He always seemed to be competing for time. Competing mostly with Agito. Even though Agito had never seemed to notice. And now he was fighting Cronos, apparently on the same side as Agito. Life had really thrown him some curves.

      Could they really trust any zoanoids? Those papers told them about another guyver... Agito thought that it would be good to try and retive that unit, and see if that guyver would join them too. But then Agito had started to say something else. He hadn't said anything, but the feeling that Sho got was that there was some really important secret that Agito had. And Sho wanted to know what it was before they went after any other guyver.

      Agito sat in the cabin looking out of the one window. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't get in touch with Isis unless she contacted him. So he had to just wait. Wait, or chance telling Sho about her, and her getting angry. But he needed to talk to her about what he had learned from the package. And ask her about what he was beginning to think. He couldn't even begin to guess what all of this information could lead to.

      What if he did tell Isis and she thought nothing more of this new group of zoanoids than she did of the Cronos zonoaids? What would he do if they did manage to get this other guyver away from Cronos and he didn't want to work with them? There were so many things that he could not work out alone. And still, unlike Sho, he really had no one to turn to. Sho had his friends. The only friend that Agito had was halfway around the world, and more than likely not even completly of this world.

      That thought did not sit well with Agito. He liked Isis. Liked her about as much as he had ever really like anyone. The thought that she may not be completly human did not sit well with him at all. She had seemed to be normal to him. At least as far normal as someone with such a high IQ could be. But maybe the reason she had such a high IQ was because she was half Creator.

      Agito smiled to himself. That would also mean that being a guyver was a family tradition for Isis. Strangly enough, that seemed to make the whole idea that she was half alien much more believable, and acceptable. It also made her a better guyver than him. Beside the fact that he knew that her unit was stronger than his anyway. Agito almost laughed when he though about how Sho would react to Isis, and finding out about Guyver4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the seventh installment of Guyver4's adventures. I hope that you don't mind about there not being any real mention of Guyver4 in this chapter. And don't forget to look forward to the seventh installment.

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter eight

Back to Guyver4 FanFiction