The Soul of Guyver4

Micheal babysitting?

      Isis walked very slowly down the halls of the Cronos Death Valley Base. She knew that Director Johnson had gotten back from his trip the day before. She also knew that Kelley had to have told him, by now, that she knew who Guyver4 was. So why did no one around seem to be acting any differently? She had to hope for the best... Then she rounded a corner and bumped right into Kelley. Her hopes fell as she realized that Kelley was in her hyper zoanoid form. "You want something, Kelley?"

      "Not me, Isis. Director Johnson wishes to see you in his office, before you go to your lab. You will come with me?" She did not want to take Isis anywhere. Yet, she did not want to get the Director angry at her. That was something that no zoanoid that she knew ever wanted to do.

      "I see. Very well. I will see what the Director needs with me, and then go to my lab, to finish my work. I am very near to a breakthrough in it. I do hope that this will not take up too much of my time. I really do want to finish my work today." Isis told Kelley as they walked down the halls together.

      Kelley looked over at her friend. "The Director does not think that you really wish to finish your project. He believes that you only want to destroy the notes and files. So that no one can follow in your footsteps and find the secret of improving on a zoanoid form once the person is already a zoanoid. Isis, I told him that I did not believe that. I said that you really did not want to fight any of us here. Did I lie to the Director, Isis?"

      Isis smiled. Kelley was still her friend. She knew that now for certain. "Kelley, no. You did not lie. I do want to finish my work. Not destroy it. I do not have any wish to fight zoanoids. I make them, I thought that I would be making them for years... And my work to improve on ones already made is very important to me. But there are some things that Cronos does that I cannot allow them to continue to do. I will stop them from doing those things, anyway that I can. You do understand that don't you, my friend?"

      Kelley chuckled. "Yeah. I get it. You come here and you see that we are doing things to harm innocent people, and you can't let that keep happening. So you, as a guyver, are in a possision to REALLY do something about it. And as a gene-scientist at Cronos, you have the ability to make sure that at least no innocents are made into zoanoids. I get it very well... And for the record, I agree with you." She smiled at her friend as they entered the secretary's office.

      Isis looked at the secretary. "Please tell Director Johnson that Isis is here to see him, promptly, as he requested?"

      The secretary looked up at her and smiled. "The Director is expecting you, Isis. Please go right in. You too Assistant Director."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis and Kelley walked into Director Johnson's office. Kelley walked closer to the desk that sat in the middle of the room. The chair was turned around so they could not see the man that sat in it. "Director. Isis is here to see you, at your request." Kelley said.

      "Isis, or shall I call you guyver? You have caused quite a stir around here while I was away. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

      "I... You can call me Isis, sir. That is my name afterall. I did cause some problems, but only for those people that deservered to have troubles." Isis did not know what she would do against the Director if he wanted to hurt her. She knew that he was a Zorlord. And she did not know if even her guyver unit was up to fighting a Zorlord. The Creators never made them, they were made millions of years after the Creators vanished.

      The chair turned around slowly and Isis got her first look at the Director. He was a tall aged looking man with greying blond hair and green eyes. There were very few rinkles at all though, and Isis did not believe that he would ever look any older than he did right now. He smiled at her. "So, you have spirit? That is good. I would not like to think that there was a guyver that did not have spirit, and that did not follow thier own code of honnor. You think that I am going to have you killed? Do you?"

      "The thought had crossed my mind that you might want to have me dead. You don't strike me as the kind of man that lets his enemies go on living." Isis told him truthfully. Something about him struck her as being someone you did not lie to.

      He chuckled. "I do not want you dead. I do not think of you as my enemy. I do think that you would be a good addition to Cronos. If indeed you were loyal to us, that is. Can I count on that? Will you not attack our people again, and will you help to capture the other guyvers?" He looked at her as she thought about what he had said.

      Isis could all but hear Director Johnson thinking that she would be lying to him soon. That she would tell him how loyal she was and then he would have sport with proving how she had lied. She was not going to give him that satisfaction. "No, sir. I cannot say that. I will say that I will not attack anyone that does not need to be attacked. And that I will continue to be Kelley's friend and continue my work. I do wish to finish my work today. I am so very close to being able to improve a person's zoanoid form after they are already a zoanoid. There have, afterall, been some very odd side effects before. I hope to be able to improve on the zoanoid form, and not have any side effects, or any surprises show up later on. I will not say that I am loyal to Cronos either. I am not loyal to anyone... I am a guyver. That is expected of me, you know."

      The Director actually laughed at her. "You are a breath of fresh air Isis Guyver. You are the first person in a long time that has truely stood up to me. I will be watching you. You know that? You can go to your lab now. And you may take pleasure in knowing that even though I and Kelley know that you are Guyver4, no other here at Cronos will know. If you step out of line though... You will be my enemy from then on. I do understand that there are some things that you, as a guyver, will have to do. And if the zoanoids that you attack can't escape with their lives... Well then they did not deserve to be a part of Cronos in the first place. So, you may go now. Kelley, you stay. I have some things to talk over with you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis walked into her lab and smiled at her assistants who all greeted her. "Thank you all. I am glad to be back too. I really do want to get back on the project just as soon as possible. But do any of you happen to have a copy of any of the printouts of the tests that were ran on that guyver that you had here while I was gone? I did hear about that. I would be most interested in seeing the tests."

      One of her assistants smiled. "The Director himself had a copy of the tests sent down here for you. The man that delivered them said that the Director thought that you would want to see them. The man said that it was most likely you having come from Japan, where there were other guyvers, and that you had actually seen a unit before it was activated. Is that true, Dr. Isis? Did you see one before it got activated?"

      Isis sighed and took the envolope with the files in it. "It is true. I have. Thank you. Now, to work my little ones. I have to get this experiment finished today. I made a promise. And I never break my word." She put the envolope into her briefcase where she could look over the test results later, and got down to work.

      Kelley nodded in satisfaction at the screen as Director Johnson turned it off. "See. She is true to her word. I told you that I did not think that she would try to destroy what she had already done. Isis is not like that, Director."

      Director Johnson looked at Kelley. "You really are taken in by this girl? I see that she has just about the same effect on all of her labtechs. Do you think that many of them would forgive her for being Guyver4 if they knew about it?"

      "I think, Director, that you gave your word that you would not tell anyone that she was a guyver. And that there are not very many people that could not forgive Isis for being a guyver, or any other thing. Isis is a very good person. And many people like her, and know that she is true to her word. That is something that sets her apart from so many others that work here." Kelley told the Director what she thought.

      The Director turned on the screen again and saw many of the labtechs hugging Isis. They had apperantly found one of the problems that they had been trying to solve, and were very happy about it. "I also think that could be one of the things that could get her into a lot of trouble here too. She did work with Micheal Bane for a while, and that Verbose was trouble. I just know it. His leaving Cronos was not unexpected, most Verbose do. But that he left when he did, that worries me. I do not want Isis Guyver to turn against us. She can be so useful. Do you have any suggestions of how we can make sure that she doesn't leave us as well?"

      "Just one. Her adopted daughter, Nilla Sandstone. She leaves her alone ever day when she comes to work. The girl knows everything about Cronos, Isis, and Guyver4. She more than likely knows just about as much as Isis herself about the other guyvers. The girl would be a good weapon to hold over Isis' head. If she gets out of line, we could take the girl. Until then, Nilla is in just the right place for us to get at her." Kelley bit her lip. She could not believe that she had just told the Director to take Nilla hostage to keep Isis in Cronos. She liked Nilla and she did not want anything to happen to her. Yet, she found that she could not stop herself from telling him. The best she could do was to tell him that it would be best to leave Nilla alone unless Isis did step out of line.

      "That is good. That is very good. Now we have something on her. Now I do not mind leaving her in place. Always keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Director Johnson laughed. He knew that Kelley did not want to tell him about the girl, and enjoied the pain in her eyes as she did. "That is good Kelley. Very good. You can leave me now. Oh, and do not tell Isis that I know of her daughter. We do not want her to know of our counter plan in case she really does want to leave us."

      Kelley walked out of the office and down the hall to her own office. Once the door was closed she sat down in her chair and put her face down on her hands. "How could I have done that to Nilla? She doesn't need to ever see another zoanoid in her life, ever. And now I have sent them on her like dogs. If Isis makes the Director mad, he will send them for her. And some of them can really do some sick things to kids. How could I have done that to her, and to Isis? Hasn't that kid been through enough already?"

      Director Johnson looked at the screen and sighed. He did enjoy seeing Kelley bow to his will, what Zorlord didn't. But he did not enjoy seeing her so hurt. He really did like Janice Kelley. She had been with him for many years and he had never trusted anyone under him so much. There was just no way around being causous with Isis Guyver. He smiled, the only thing that he could read out of her mind had been that she had refered to herself as Isis Guyver. Like guyver were some last name. It really should have bothered him more than it did that he could not read her mind, but Kelley had been right. It was just very hard NOT to like Isis. Which made it all the more important that he not let her leave Cronos. She could be a very dangourous emeny indeed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis spent the entire helocopter ride back to the airport smiling to herself. She had done what she had claimed that she would. She had found the problem with the improvment processing of zoanoids. Now she just had to test it out on someone and study the results to see if she had truly fixed the problem. Nilla would be so happy to see her home, and she would love the little gift that she was bringing her. It was not a dog... But she was sure that Nilla would not mind.

      At the airport Isis got in a cab and rode to one of the supermarkets. She paid the cab to wait for her and went in to buy the new animal some food, then she returned to the cab. The driver was looking rather nervous. "You did not open the little box here did you?" She looked at him as he sat very still behind the steering wheel.

      The cab driver shook his head. "No, Ma'am. I did not. But it is making some really strange sounds. I was worried that it would get out. What kind of thing you got in there anyway? It don't sound normal."

      Isis smiled and knocked on the box. The animal inside growled at her. The driver gulped. "It is just a little creature that was in a lab for a while. You know the kind. They ran some really mean tests on it; clipping claws, surguries, and medications being tested on it... It is very understandably mad at the world in general. That is why I warned you not to open the box. You understand?" She told him as he drove towards her house.

      "So you are one of those animal rights people. Ok. I get it. But what kind of animal is it anyway? Sounds really mean." The drive sounded worried still.

      Isis smiled to herself. She did not know which was more funny, that the driver thought she was an animal rights person, or that the animal in the box was none other than sabertoothed tiger, well in its zoanoid form it was. One of the genolabs had taken a bobcat and reverted it back into its ancestor the sabertoothed tiger. "Well, it is a bobcat. Can't you tell by the growling and scratching on the box?" She knew that what she told him was only half true. The bobcat was a zoanoid now... It was a normal looking bobcat, until it got mad, or someone gave it the call word to change. Then the bobcat would change into the sabertooth tiger. Nilla would love this pet. Isis was sure of it, and the bobcat obeyed telepaths better than it did someone with the call words. That was the main reason that she had requested that the animal be released to her.

      "Calm down little one. It is ok. We will be home soon and you will meet Nilla. I told you that she would love you, and give you space, and play with you. You will love her. Just calm down, you are frightening the driver. He is an innocent, never frighten an innocent." Isis really had no idea if the driver had done anything in his life to deserver getting the shit scared out of him, but she knew that he had nothing to do with Cronos, and that made him innocent enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Micheal sighed as he watched the sun go down and told Nilla that it was time for her to get out of the pool. "You should get out of the pool now. Isis will be home in an hour, or so. And you have to be dressed, and have her dinner ready. Come on out." He had enjoied watching Nilla more than he had thought possible. It had been more than three hundred years since he had been so entertained by one girl. And now he began to wander. Isis was his friend. He had enjoied her company. And had been happy to come here to protect her daughter. But now he wandered if there would be anything more between him and Nilla. Sure, she was only almost twelve... But he had waited for women to mature before. He had lived for so long now that it did not seem strange to him that he could be falling for a child.

      Nilla came out of the pool and smiled at Micheal brightly. She did not know what it was about him that struck her so deeply, but she could not help liking him very much. "What do you think I should cook for Mom?" She watched him looking at her while she dried off. No one had ever looked at her like that, not that she had ever known of. She wandered what was going through his head about her.

      "I don't really know what Isis likes to eat. Just whatever you think is best. I am sure that she will eat just about anything that you cook. Do you mind if I stay for dinner too? You don't have to cook anything extra for me. I only want some orange juice and to have some company." He did not want to end the day so soon. Even though he had been there for some twelve hours... It did not seem to be long enough.

      Nilla smiled. "Of course you can. Are you sure you only want some orange juice? That is all that you have had all day. I am not a bad cook."

      "It is not that. It is just that... There is one other reason why the vampires were monsters to the people of old. Because we really do have to drink blood. I can drink other liquids, but blood is my food. Don't give me that look. I did not say that I ate HUMANS. I just said that I have to eat blood. Normally the blood is from a cow, or pig, or some other animal that is killed for its meat. And it has always been that way. I promise you that. No Verbose has taken Human blood unless the Human has given them permision to do so. And then they never take much. Something in Human blood is just too rich. It is like candy, we can't eat that much at a time." Micheal waited for the shock to wear off for her to be angry at him for being a monster.

      Nilla looked at him. "I... You mean that you... Oh, well. I guess that rumor had to come from somewhere. Come on. I think I will have some stakes for tonight. And there will be some blood for you too that way. You will eat with us? Won't you?" She looked at him pleadingly.

      Micheal looked at her for a long moment. "Yes, I will. Thank you very much, Nilla." He sighed inwardly. Yes, there truly could be something more between Nilla and him. As long as he could keep Isis as a frined for the years that it would take for Nilla to come of age. He resolved himself for a long wait. And a hard battle. Isis could be very hard to get along with if she knew what he was beginning to plan. He did not think that she would very much approve of him and Nilla as lovers, possibly married some day...

      Nilla sighed as they walked into the house and to the kitchen. Micheal was the strangest man that she had ever met. She did not think of him as a zoanoid, a vampire, or even a guy... He was just someone that she did not want to leave. She looked at him out of the corner of her eye as she started cooking dinner. What am I thinking about here. He is a nice guy. I guess. Isis trusts him enough to leave him here with me. She thinks that he can protect me. I don't know if I want him to protect me or... Or what? What do I want? Is this my first crush? Oh, I hope not. Isis would not like that one bit. I am supposed to be too young for a crush yet. That is what my mother told me when I asked he about boys.

      "Nilla? Are you ok? You look like you are worried about something. You are not thinking that Isis will not be coming home again, are you? We have talked about this. She is going to be home before you are even done cooking. You will see. Everything is going to be just fine. I promise you. It really will." Micheal told her as he sat watching her prepair the meal.

      "It is not that. I was thinking about something totally different this time. Really, I was. I know that she will be home. She promised that she would be. She never breaks her word, ever. I believe in her, more than she knows I do. You don't have to worry about me. I am a big girl." Nilla would have told him that she could take care of herself, but something about the way he was looking at her made her stop. She just stared at him for a long moment trying to figure out what that something was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis got out of the cab, and paid the driver. "Thanks. I am sorry if the bobcat scared you, Mr. But it really does have a reason to be angry at people." She smiled and waved as the man drove away. Then turned and walked up the driveway and into the house. Isis smelled the dinner cooking so she walked right into the kitchen... And dropped the box that held the zoanoid bobcat. At the sound of the crash Nilla and Micheal moved away from eachother, and Nilla put her hand on her neck. "What are you doing?!" She looked at Micheal, and then at Nilla.

      "Mom, please don't get mad." "We weren't doing anything." Nilla told her aloud.

      "Micheal, I trusted you to take care of my daughter, and not let her get hurt. And I come home and find you biting her on her neck? What is that? Some really new way of protecting someone that I have just not heard of yet?! I want to know what you think that you were doing to my daughter. And I want to know now, Micheal." Isis did not look, or sound, as if she were in a good mood. The metal box on the floor began to rock back and forth violently, and there was a very high pitched growl coming from it. Isis reached down and picked up the box, and put it on the counter.

      "Isis, I was not harming her. I would not do that. You know that I wound never harm a child. She just wanted to know what it felt like to get bitten by a vampire. If you will just calm down and look, I did not even break her skin. I just put enough pressure on it so she knew what it would have been like to get bitten. Isis, you know that I would never hurt her, or you, like that. Don't you?" Micheal was not about to tell Isis that he had almost bitten Nilla for real. That if she had not come in when she had, he would have really done so. And he was not about to tell her that Nilla had asked him to bite her, not just to show her what it would have been like. But Isis could not handle something like that, not now, not yet.

      Isis did check Nilla's neck and sighed. "I am sorry. I have been seeing people wanting to hurt me all day. I just overreacted. I am sorry to have snapped at you like that, Micheal. I do trust you, and know that you would not hurt us. Just... Never mind. It was all my fault. Nothing you did." She gave Nilla a very pitiful stare. "You forgive me too. Don't you, Nilla?" "You would not believe what has all happened to me today. I did not mean to get so upset. Really, I didn't." Then Isis turned and opened the metal box that she had been carring. "Nilla, I know that I said we could get a dog. But I really think that you will like this pet. He is a bobcat. But he has been genetically altered too. When you give him the call words, or you mindsend to him that you need help, he becomes a zoanoid. An sabertoothed tiger to be exact." She smiled as she fed the bobcat one of the strips of meat that she had gotten at the market.

      "It does? Really? Oh mom!" Nilla hugged Isis very tightly. Isis had known that Nilla's favorite dinosaur was the sabertoothed tiger. So when she had found out about the bobcat, she knew that she had to get it for her. Not many parents could say that they had brought home their kid's favorite dino. "What is his name? What is the call word? I don't want to say it by accident." Nilla slowly reached up and petted the bobcat on his head, admiring his pelt.

      "Yeah, it does. His name is Terran, and his call word is not really important. Since he never answers to the damn thing at all. You are going to have to mindsend him the command to change. That is one of the reasons that they were okay with letting me have him. They knew that I could give him the command, and no one else could. But they did not guess that you could do it too. Did you know that there aren't that many people in Cronos that can send a mental message, just recieve from the Zorlords?" "Terran say hi to your new friend, Nilla."

      The bobcat looked at Nilla with critical eyes. "Nilla." He jerked his head at her. "Isis, this Nilla?" Isis smiled and watched Nilla's eyes grow large and round. "Mom, he spoke. In my head, but he did speak. How did he do that? Is that one of the things that the transformation gave him? Or could he always do that?"

      Micheal laughed. "Nilla, didn't you know that all animals have some small ability to speak telepathically? It is the only way that they can communicate with human kind, and they have to be able to do that. To some extent, at least. Otherwise, a dog would never learn to play fetch, or any of the other little tricks that they can be thought. You understand? All animals can understand humans, and speak mintally to them, to some degree. It depeandes on the animal's level of intelligence." He then looked at Isis. "Isn't that right, Isis? That all animals can speak in this way, to some degree?"

      "That is right. And Terran is very smart, even for one of his kind. Nilla, why don't you take Terran upstairs. I promised that you would show him your room when we got here. I will finish the dinner. You go on up, and I will call you when it is done." She then gave the bobcat to Nilla, and watched her run upstars with it. Then she turned to Micheal. "Look. I don't want you hurting my daughter. I do see you as a friend, and I do think that you are the best person to protect her while I am at work. But I also know what your kind of zoanoid does. I don't want you feeding off of Nilla. Do I make myself clear? Do I, Micheal?" Isis looked at her friend. She had only known him for a short time, but already she did not know what she would do without him. He was not as important to her as Kelley was, but he came very close to being so.

      "I fully understand you, Isis. I know what I was doing was wrong. But the girl told me that she wanted me to do it. I told her that she had nothing to fear from me, and she wanted proff. What else was I to do? Tell her that she must trust me, and not ever be able to give her a reason to do so? I could not do that to her. I had to try to let her see that I would not harm her, under any conditions. That truely was the only way that I could think of to show her. You know that I would not have taken much of her blood, if indeed I did take any at all." Micheal looked back at Isis. She is my friend, she will not tell me that I cannot watch over Nilla. Not yet, she has no reason to not trust me, yet. But I suppose that I will be giving her one soon enough. A few years, and Nilla will come to me for more than just to learn what it is like to be bitten. She will want a lover. And then what will Isis do? I can only hope that she understands, and doesn't try to stop me from seeing Nilla.

      "Perhapps you are right. I will let the incident slide this time, and only this time. You will stay for dinner. And I will think about it while I go out and check on something. I will return..." She walked to the back door and left. Micheal walked over and finished cooking the meal. Nilla was a good cook, he cooked for a hobby, but Isis would never learn anything about cooking if she continued to leave the food cooking on the stove while she was out of the house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis walked out of her house and down the street. She looked around at all of the other houses, with their lights on, and their families home. They were all safe, all innocent. They did not know what kind of monsters lived all around them. They most likely would never find out. But she knew, and had to protect them. Them and all other innocents from Cronos. How could just she do so. She was a guyver, the most powerful guyver. But that did not mean that she could take out a Zorlord. The creators had never known about them. They had made her guyver unit after they had left earth far behind. But they had not know that the Zorlords would be created by the other zoanoids. They did not know that the zoanoids would find ways to continue to make more of their kind either. For this reason, most normal zoanoids were pushovers for her to defeat. Hypers were a problem, but she could defeat them. Zorlords? She did not know. And she did not wish to find out by having to kill Director Johnson.

      The zoanoid watched Isis leave her house and walk down the street. "She is not keeping a very low profile for someone with her problems? Is she?"

      "She really doesn't have to. If Director Johnson did what I think he did today... Then Nilla is a more likely target for Cronos than Isis is. We can't let anything happen to Nilla. Is that clear?" Micheal sighed. The Company had existed as long as the Zorlord had. He had become the leader of The Company when his father was finally killed. He was not even sure that the Zorlords themselves knew about The Company. They would really not like to know that there was a whole organization of zoanoids that they could not control. That were still loyal to the Verbose. No, the Zorlords would not like to know about The Company at all. "I am here with Nilla. You watch Isis while she is not in the house. That is an order."

      "I got it, Verbose Bane. You can count on me, or kill me." The zoanoid could not help but smile. That was the cread of The Company. 'Count on me, or kill me.' It had worked very well so far. He watched Isis continue to walk and wandered if she would walk all the way into the city. Las Vegus was not that far away, but he did not think that anyone would accually walk there from here. Why not just get a cab? But then he saw that her direction would not take her into the city, but into the desert. "Why would she be going into the desert? It is late, and getting chilly. I don't get her."

      Micheal chuckled. "She is more than likely going out there to have a chat with Agito, the Guyver3. She told me that she was still in contact with him. Just watch her, and try not to get spotted. Unless she needs help."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Nilla sat on her bed and watched Terran. "You can really understand me?" Terran looked up from the large ball of yarn that Nilla had given him to play with.

      "Know what Nilla say." He sat down and started licking his paw. "Like Nilla. Nilla smells nice. Isis tell Terran that Nilla will give space. Nilla will give Terran soft bed, room to run around? Isis say Nilla would."

      Nilla smilled. "I sure will. Can you keep secrets too? Like if I tell you stuff and say that I don't want you to tell anyone else, you won't even tell Isis? Can you do that, Terran?" She waited for him to nod his head. Then smiled and scratched behind his ear. "Okay. I think that I may have my first crush. I know that I am not even twelve yet. But I really think that I got a crush starting here. I don't want you to tell anyone though, okay?"

      Terran looked at her. "Crush is on Micheal Bane? Zoanoid that was going to bite Nilla?"

      Nilla sighed. She was going to like having Terran around alot better than if she had a dog. "Yes, Micheal. He is very cute. And he is so nice. I don't care if he is a zoanoid. And I asked him to bite me. Really, I did. But I don't think that it made Isis very happy when she came in and saw it. I don't want her to know about the crush, she would really not like that. So you can't tell her. You understand why, don't you?" She giggled as Terran nodded again, then started to play with the yarn once more. "You are so much like a normal cat for a bobcat. I thought you would be wild or something. But you are just like a kitten."

      "Terran raised in lab. Only ever have cage to sleep in. Never have space to run. Terran does not know how else to act. Should Terran act differently, Nilla? Isis say that Terran is perfect. Isis say not to change. What Nilla say?"

      Nilla reached down and picked Terran up. She hugged the bobcat very closly. "I say, don't change. You are perfect. I would not have you act any other way. Okay? And we will see what your zoanoid form looks like tomarrow. But right now, I have to make you that bed that Isis promised that I would give you." She put the bobcat down and looked around for something that would make a good bed for him. Nilla found a box in her closet. It was one of the ones that they had used in the move. Then she found a small blanket that she had not used in almost a year. She packed it into the box and folded the sides down inside it. "There. Try this one out and see what you think."

      Terran jumped into the box and walked in a circle. He laid down and looked up at Nilla. "Terran thinks that it is nice. Terran thanks Nilla much. Terran will tell Nilla what he thinks of Micheal when Terran sees more of Micheal." Then the bobcat closed his eyes and fell asleep. Nilla smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      "Yes, Agito. I think that is a good idea. And yeah, I will tell Sho about myself when I see him face to face. I don't know when that will be though. You watch out for that boy. And I will watch out for my daughter. You will love meeting her. Nilla is great. I will talk to you later." Isis sighed and sat on the large rock. Agito had his own troubles. But it seemed that he had befriended a Zoalord that didn't like Cronos as much as the guyvers didn't. That was a strange thought. Isis stood up and looked around. She knew that when she escaped from Cronos, as Guvyer4, that she had taken the biometal armor suit. She simply could not remember where she had stashed it. And Agito could not help her find it in her mind either. She had to have been hurt very badly to have forgotten. Maybe she had her head damaged the way that Sho had. Maybe not... She could not know. Isis closed her eyes and tried to think of where she could have gone from Cronos, before she came back to her house.

      "Host? I can tell you where the biometal suit is. If you will listen to me." The voice was not human, not animal, not in her head, and yet it was in her head.

      Isis looked around again. There was no one anywhere that she could see. "Who are you? Where are you?"

      "I am your control metal, Host. You are my Host. I know what you do not. I know the things that you forget. I control you when you cannot do so."

      Isis blinked. She had known that her metal had a memory storage, but not that it had some form of intelligence. "What do you know about where the biometal armor is, then?"

      "I know that you have placed it inside one of the large trees in the forest of large trees. In a knothole that is near the top of one of them. I can take you to it, Host. But I believe that I will not do so this night. You must get back to your home, and eat. You are very hungry. And tired. You did well today against the Zorlord. We will talk again soon. You and I, Host."

      Isis shook her head. Tired? She definitely was tired it she was hearing her control metal talk to her. She walked back to her house and inside to see Nilla pounding down the stairs. "Hi, Mom. Micheal said that dinner was ready. Where did you go? Come on, lets eat. I am starving. Terran is asleep up in my room. Found a box left over from the move and made him a bed. And you can tell us how your day at work went. You know, did anyone try to kill you? Did you get fired? That sort of thing." Nilla finally took a deep breath, that let Isis know that she had come to the end of what she was going to say.

      Isis laughed. Nilla always could rattle off the news of the day in one breath. "I am coming. Don't worry. I am coming."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis had spent a good night at home and now walked back to her lab in Cronos. She had arrived this morning without anything happening. No one seemed to know that she was Guyver4, yet. So she did not act as if anything was different. When she got to her lab though, something was very different. "What is all of this?"

      Director Johnson, Assisstant Director Janice Kelley, her labtechs, and all of the other heads of other labs were all standing there. "Isis, this is a celibration, and a demistration. You have perfected the process that you were working on. We wish to see it working now." Director Johnson smiled at her. "We have a subject all picked out for you. This boy came to Cronos and became a zoanoid. But he was of average intelligance and when the transformation was done. He was not very smart at all. Now you can fix that. I trust you will show us."

      "Yes, of course I will. That is the main reason why I developed the new method in the first place, Director." She looked and saw that the subject was a rather empty-eyed kid. "How old is he?" Isis could see just how blank the stare was, and could not help but look into his mind. "Nobody home at all. His zoanoid form must just run on instinct. That is not good." She snapped her fingers near the boy's ears, and he did not even blink. "Wow. Talk about vacancies. This boy has a for rent sign for a brain."

      Some hours later, Isis an her labtechs powered down the machines. Isis walked over and helped some of the techs take the boy out of the tub of liquid that acted as a catalist in the transformation program. The boy looked as if he was sleeping. Isis tried her best to make sure that he was not woke as they moved him onto a labtable. Then one of the techs hooked the boy up to a brainwave machine. The machine registered some brain activity above what was normal for a human. Isis looked up and smiled. "I would rather wait till the boy wakes up, but I would think that would be proff enough for you."

      Director Johnson smiled. "I am very pleased with this. You can keep the boy here for further tests, and we will send you a few others to run other tests on. You will have to prove that all of your theories work, but we are satisfied with what you have already done. For now. Aren't we, Assisstant Director Kelley?" Director Johnson looked at Kelley. She smiled and nodded, but he could see that she was still very upset about putting Isis' daughter into danger. "You will come with me, Assisstant Director Kelley. We have things to go over. Isis, you will keep me posted of how the boy is doing? Good."

      After they were gone, and the other heads of the other Cronos labs in the base had also gone, Isis and her techs woke the boy up. Isis was the only one that stayed near the boy once he had woke up. The techs were reading the machines and keeping a watch out for anything that was not planned on. "How do you feel? Do you know your name?" Isis asked the boy. The boy looked at her with empty eyes. Only now there was a questioning look behind the boy's eyes. "Do you understand me?"

      The boy looked at her for a minute. "Yes." Then he looked around the room. "What is my name? Where?" His voice was very shallow. As if he had not used it in years and was just trying it out again. Which was likely the case.

      "Can you tell me anything about yourself? I am a... A doctor. This is a examroom. In a lab-hospital. Understand?" She knew that she was lying to him, but she was not sure how fast to go with him yet.

      "I am fourteen years old. I live in... I don't know where I live. I don't know my name. I can't remember anything, other than I am fourteen and I don't have any family. Do I know you?" The boy did not make any move to get up off the table.

      Isis sighed and nodded to one of her labtechs. The tech brought over a folder. Isis opened the folder and looked inside. "It says here that your name is Christopher Todd. That you are fourteen years old, almost fifteen. And that your family was killed in a plane crash that you survived, by some chance of fate. You came here after the accident, and have just come out of a coma. There was some slight brain damage, and we have been trying to see if we could restore most of what you have lost with some new methods. Understand all of that?"

      The boy licked his lips. "I got it. Okay. I am thirsty. Can I get something to drink, or would that mess up your tests? That is what they are doing, isn't it? Running tests on me? My head hurts. Could I get something to make it stop?" He licked his lips again. "Christopher. Sounds right. But I don't know."

      Isis nodded and one of the tech brought her a glass of water, and took the folder away. Isis handed the glass to Christoper. "Drink. I will do something about your having a headache myself. You don't need any medication for it." She placed her palms on either side of his head and closed her eyes. "Just sit still for a second." Then she slowly let her empathy extend into his head. She felt the pain and sent her empathy deeper to look for the problem. Once she found it, she held onto it with her empathy and pulled it from him and into herself. Isis went to her knees. Two labtechs rushed over to help her up, and the others stared at the printout that they had gotten of the mental activity in the room at the moment that Isis had used her empathy. Their readings showed something off their scales. Isis stood slowly, and her body just as slowly remembered that the pain was not her own. In moments Isis had no pain in her head, and the boy was finished drinking the water. "How is your head now?"

      Christopher smiled up at her brightly. "Much better. Thanks to you. Is your name Isis? Do I know you from somewhere?"

      The techs looked at eachother and then at the two of them. "My name is Isis. No, we have never met. I am just the person that helped to bring you out of your coma. Maybe you heard my name while you were coming out of it? That could be it." She then walked over to the machine that recorded brainwave activity in the room and pushed several buttons. She took the printout from the techs, crumpled it up, and set it on fire with a match that she took from her pocket. She placed the burning printout in the waistepaper basket and looked around. "You did not see that. It did not happen. Is that very clear?" All of her labtechs nodded. They all liked Isis and did not want to make her mad at them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the fifth installment of Guyver4's adventures. I hope you are enjoying Isis and her friends. I realize by now that those of you who have read the guyver manga (which I haven't been able to read), you see that there are a few things that do not match up with it and my fanfic. I never said that I was perfect... Well not often... I did however say that this was based only on the guyver animes. So try to keep an open mind. ^_^ And don't forget to look forward to the sixth installment.

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter six

Back to Guyver4 FanFiction