The Mind of Guyver4

Nilla Sandstone

      Nilla thought that the Cronos Base looked silly. Like one of the really bad movie ideas of what a spacecraft looked like on the inside. Or maybe that was why they built it that way. Something around here had to be funny, or no one would be able to stay in this place. She was not sure exactly where here was, but she was sure that it was underground. Perhapps it was in one of the mountainous rock formations that could be found all over the desert. Where ever it was... To Nilla it was hell.

      Nilla had only been here a few days... And she hated Cronos already. She wanted to be a guyver so badly now she could taste it. Guyvers got to kill zoanoids and hurt Cronos. That was what she wanted to do with her life now. Just like Isis. But Isis had told her that becoming a guyver was very hard to do. She had told Nilla that there weren't any other guyver units known of by Cronos. So that it would be almost imposible for there to be another guyver. Nilla did not believe that anything was imposible. There had to be guyver units that Cronos did not know about, Isis had found one like that, hadn't she?

      "Isis, are you done working today? I want to go out somewhere. Anywhere you want is fine with me, as long as it is out of here for a few hours." She asked as she arived at Isis' lab.

      Isis turned and looked at her adopted daughter. It was strange for her to remember just how they had met. "You know that I can't take you outside the base. Those are the rules for my keeping you here in the first place. Nilla, I would love for you to go places... If that is what you want. Do you want me to get a house outside of Cronos for you to live in? I can do that." In Nilla's mind she added. "I would rather that I did do just that, Nill. That way when Cronos finds out that I am Guyver4, you will not be here for them to hold over my head."

      Nilla looked at Isis very seriously. "I think that would be better on everyone. This is no place for a child to be living." And in Isis' mind. "Thanks. I don't much like it here anyway. These zoanoids give me the creeps. So, how would they find out about you being Guyver4 anyway. I am not going to tell them. Are you?"

      "That will make things so much better on all of us. You will see. You will like the new home. I will make sure that there is even a very good school for you to go to. Unless you want to be privately tutored?" "What do you think of Kelley teaching you. You said that she doesn't make you nervous?"

      "Ok. I will see you in the apartments. You come home soon. I don't want to cook and it get cold again." To Isis' mind. "I think that I could stand that. Kelley is a zoanoid... But she is nice. You will be back soon? I get lonely."

      "Ok. See you there. Start dinner, and I will make sure that I am there to eat it hot this time." "I will tell her that you said that. I will be there soon, Nill. Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you."

      As the young girl left the lab, Kelley came in. "You be careful in the halls, Nilla." Then she walked over to Isis. She had heard their mental talk and agreed that this was no place for Nilla to be. And she still did not know what to do about Isis being Guyver4, and her knowing it... Director Johnson would be back and then all of Cronos would know Isis' secret. "Isis, we have to talk. You are off now. Let's go for a walk outside the base. Ok?"

      "Sure, Kelley. Whatever you want." Isis got up and told her assistants that they could all pack it in for the night. Then she followed Kelley down the halls and out of the base.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Janice Kelley looked at Isis as they walked along. "The desert night is nice, don't you think? It is so peaceful."

      "And you are avoiding whatever subject you wanted to talk to me about. What is bothering you Kelley? You look really drained. Is this something that has been on your mind for some time, or just something that is just that important?" Isis looked at her friend.

      "Isis. You don't know this, but my hyper-zoanoid form gives me telepothy. But only to hear things that are sent around me. I can't send back, and I can't help but hear anyone who is mind sending around me. I didn't know how to tell you... But I have to now. I know that you are Guyver4, and I will not be able to keep it from Director Johnson when he gets back. I don't know what to do. You are my friend, and I don't want to tell on you. But I can't keep it a secret." Kelley watched as Isis' back got very straight.

      "You mean you have been listening to Nill and me? You have heard our mind talks? And you have not said anything about it? You have not tried to attack me either? I don't get it... Or is that why you asked me out here? To try to kill the guyver and make a name for yourself at Cronos?" The hurt that Isis felt was plain in her eyes. And she sounded close to tears.

      Kelley looked at Isis. She did not look like she would defend herself if she was going to attack her for being a guyver. "Isis, no. You are my friend. I don't need a name. Cronos can't hurt me anymore than they already have. So what would be the point of trying to get on their good side? I just needed you to know that you only have until Director Johnson returns for it to be a secret that you are Guyver4. I can't keep anything hidden from him. I wanted you to know so that you would have time to prepair, and could protect Nilla. So you would know that it is coming."

      Isis did look as if she would cry now. "You could get very hurt when the Director finds out that you warned me. Why are you doing it? I don't want you to get hurt. Not because of me, not for any reason. My only other friend is a wanted man by Cronos. I don't want you to be that way too."

      "I can look out for myself. You worry about that girl that you have taken under your wing. Cronos will go after her just to get at you. You have to keep them from hurting that girl. She is special. The way you are. There aren't enough people like you in the world. I don't want anything to happen to you either." Kelley looked at her friend and smiled. "I do know one thing that will make you happy. There is a new armor that is being developed, they are running the last tests on it now. It is made out of the same type of biometal that the guyvers are, though it is not as strong as the real biometal. They are hoping to get a hyper zoanoid like myself, who's form really doesn't change much from their human form, to wear it and fight Guyver4. But from all the reports that I have seen, it would also be possible for you to wear the armor under your guyver armor."

      Isis looked at Kelley for a moment without realizing the importance of what her friend was telling her. Then she smiled wickedly. "You mean... That if I wait till Cronos sends a hyper out with this new armor on, that I can take it from the zoanoid. And once I have this new armor... I can wear it all the time, even use its weapons when I am too weak to call the guyver armor to me. Is that what you are saying to me, Kelley? And if it is, why are you telling me it? You are a high up in Cronos. Do you want to see it go down? Is that it? Or do you just want me to stay alive?"

      "Do I have to explain why I am helping you? Can't we just say that I am helping, and leave it at that?" As she started to walk back to the enterance to the base, Kelley looked back over her shoulder and saw that Isis was not following her. "Isis, aren't you coming back in. Nilla will be worried if you are very late for dinner, and you did tell her that you would not let you dinner get cold tonight."

      "I will be there in a little bit. I have some thinking to do. Kelley, thank you for being my friend. It means alot to me, I do not have anyone else. You know that I am not fighting against Cronos, altogether, don't you? I, unlike the other guyvers, do not want Cronos destroied. I just don't want it to hurt anyone that is innocent. If Cronos would just not hurt innocent people, I would not bother them at all. But I have to protect the innocents. You understand that, don't you, Kelley?" Isis looked into her friend's eyes pleading for her to understand.

      Kelley smiled at Isis. "You have just answered your own question... That is why I am helping you. I too want to protect people who should never have to be involved with what Cronos does. In that, we are in full agreement, Isis, my good friend."

      After Kelley had gone, Isis sat down on a large rock and sighed. "Agito? You there where we can speak?" She waited.

      "I am. You will have to do most of the talking though. We are kind of on the run over here. Did you know that there was a whole town of zoanoids here? No, I guess you would not have known. Well, what is it that is bothering you so much, Isis?"

      "I have made a good friend here. Janis Kelley. She is the second in command to Dirctor Johnson, and a hyper zoanoid. She knows that I am Guvyer4, and she is trying to help me. I also have adopted a young girl. Nilla has a good grasp of what is going on here, and has some mind talents too. I am going to care for her, and teach her to use her mind to protect herself. Kelley can already handle herself well enough. I am not worried that Cronos will hurt anyone I love, when I am discovered. That is not it, so stop thinking that. I am wandering over this new thing that Kelley has told me. A new armor..." Isis smiled at the shook that she felt in Agito's mind.

      "A new armor?! Is it guyver in nature, or something to boost the zoanoids. That is the only reason that you would be telling me about it." He practicly begged her to tell him, as if this armor was going to be used against him soon, not her.

      Isis smiled. "It is designed to boost a hyper zoanoid's power. But it is made out of a biometal that is like the guyver biometal, only not as strong. There is a strong possibility that if I can get it from the hyper that they send out with it, that I will be able to wear it under my guyver armor. That will mean that when I am not yet strong enough to call the guyver armor back, that I will not be defencless against anyone that wants to attack me. Now do you see why I needed to tell you. If your Cronos there is making some armors like it, you will want to take them too. Don't destroy them. You get it." She giggled to him. He ended the conversation with a simple mental nod. Isis stood up and walked back into the Cronos base, she was already late for dinner, and did not want to be later. But she had not wanted Kelley to overhear her talk with Agito.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Nilla was very happy with the new house that Isis had managed to get for them just outside of Las Vegus. It was big, and it had a large yard for her to play in. It even had a pool for her to swim in anytime she wanted to. "Isis, this is great! Have you seen how big the kitchen is? I love my new room! But can we afford all of this? What if you loose your job at Cronos? Will we have to move?"

      "No. I saved up my money. I had nothing really to spend it on up until now. I paid for this place outright. We will never have to move. You really like it? Good. You will like Kelley as a teacher too. She is very nice, once you get to know her." Isis pointed out to the movers where her furniture should go as she spoke. "And, Nill, don't forget. People don't get fired from Cronos. They either work for Cronos willingly, or they are made into zoanoids, and then they have to work for Cronos."

      "I think that I will. I don't know if I will ever really like any of Kelley's people, but I may come close to it with her. Isis? Can I just call you mom?" The girl looked down at her from the top of the stairs.

      "Is that what you want to do, Nill? You really want to call me mom? Then go ahead... I would be honnored." "I could not save your real mother. I would have thought that you would have been too mad at me for that to ever be able to call me mom. You think that you can forgive me for not being able to get there sooner?" Isis looked up at the girl that she had began to truely think of as her own daughter. She did not want to hope that Nilla's answer would truely be yes, but it was hard not to hope for just that.

      Nilla laughed. "I want to call you mom. If you don't mind it, I will." "I know you did all that you could. All of us girls got out of it without even a scratch. You could not have gotten there any faster. You could not have saved my mother. It was just her time to die. Don't blame yourself for that. Not your fault, nobody's fault. Okay?" "So, Mom? Can I have a puppy? I never could have one where I lived before. There was not a yard to keep him in. But we have plenty of space here. Can I get one?"

      Isis laughed too. There were tears in her eyes, but she had never been happier. "You can have a dog. But I get to pick it out. I want a good one." "One that won't freak out if I come home with my guyver armor still on, and who will warn us if there is a zoanoid anywhere around. Okay?" Then to the movers. "NO! Don't put the sofa there. It goes over there, on that wall. The television will go on that wall. Can't you see that there is already a cable for it to be hooked up with right there?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Guyver4 moved around the Sequoia National Forest looking for any signs of the armored hyper zoanoid. As she flew around looking she also thought about how spread out the Death Valley Cronos branch was. They used the airfield in Las Vegas, the base was in Death Valley, and they used the Sequoia Forest for training and testing new zoanoids. Not to meantion the workers that did not live in Death Valley Base lived in Las Vegas or even in Fresno. I guess that Cronos America just really does not want to get taken down the way that Cronos Japan was. That could explain it. She stopped and hovered for a moment. And there aren't any other bases in Japan... Just the mountain. But in America? Are there other bases in other cities? That did not make her feel one bit better. Guyver4 could not be everywhere at once. Then she saw what she had been looking for.

      The armored hyper zoanoid didn't look any different from anyone in a bodysuit armor, except that her eyes were catlike and she had fangs and claws. Like Kelley in many ways. With sunglasses and gloves, and if she did not smile big, she could be any normal human. Guyver4 took note of all of this, and landed behind the armored hyper. "Hi, there. You don't know me, just yet. I am Guyver4. And you have something that I want. So, why don't you just give it to me, and I won't have to kill you. Killing you will only take up both of our time needlessly. And I am sure that you do not want to die. Am I right?"

      The armored hyper zoanoid turned to look directly at Guyver4. "You can't really believe that you can beat me? I am a hyper zoanoid, and I have on this new armor that gives me extra weapons and strength. You don't stand a chance." She laughed. "I am Thresa. That is the last name you will ever hear. I am going to kill you, Guyver."

      "Oh, I am shaking. Don't make promises you can't keep, Thresa. You know the rules. Cronos wants all of the guyvers alive if at all possible. You can't kill me even if you could beat me." She took up a fighting stance. "Prepare to die then, Zoanoid. You are a Kelley type, aren't you? Didn't think I knew anything about the American zoanoid types, did you?" Guyver4 waited for Thresa to make the first move. She did not expect it to come as quickly as it did.

      Thresa held up her right arm, her hand held in a fist. A berral opened at the top over her hand. Guyver4 was shocked as what came out of it was a berrage of mini-stinger missiles, not a laser or something. Thresa smiled wickedly as Guyver4 just barrly got out of the direct line of fire. She laughed as she watched the missiles blow up and Guyver4 get caught in the explotion.

      When the smoke cleared, Guyver4 pulled herself up off the ground where the force of the explotions had knocked her. Now more than before she wanted that armor. Guyvers didn't have missiles. "Hey, you have missiles. I don't have any of those. That is cheating. But then when did you things ever play fair. Attacking little girls... Only true monsters could do something like that." Guyver4 turned to face Thresa. She held up her own right arm and fired off her right Pressure Cannon. As Thresa dogged out of the way of it, Guyver4 fired at her with her left Pressure Cannon. Thresa didn't seem to fell the blast that hit her. She turned and smiled.

      Guyver4 was beginning to think that this was not going to be easy at all. Then she found out that she had been very right. Thresa laughed at her and came at her fast, as she did she extened what could only be a High Frequency Blade, from the top of her left wrist. Oh, great! I did not know that they could mimic that. And she has more reach than me. Guyver4 tried to back away and lost her footing, falling into the hole that had not been there before the missiles had exploded. "Ahh... Hey! Not fair."

      "Very fair." Thresa slashed at Guyver4 with the blade. She did manage to make a scratch in the chest of the guyver armor. "Hey! Now who is cheating? That should have cut right through you." Thresa growled, and tried for another strike.

      Guyver4 was not going to hear of it. She used her guyver's flight ability to boost her up out of the hole, and to move back from Thresa. "I am not cheating. One, your's is not as powerful as a normal guyver's blade; and two, I am not a normal guyver anyway. I am stronger, faster, and my armor is better at protecting me. Not to mention that unlike other units, mine heals much faster." The scratch on the chest was already beginning to close, however slowly, it was faster than the other guyvers could heal. Guyver4 extended both her elbow blades and started at Thresa. She did not want to harm the armor that Thresa was in, but she also did not want Thresa to get away.

      Thresa knew that the one area where she was most likely to get attacked would be her head. The biosuit did not have a protective device for the head. She waited as Guyver4 charged in. Then she opened her mouth and proved that fangs were not the only additions that had been made there. She blasted Guyver4 with a condenced high energy wave. "You don't think that they would have sent a weak zoanoid out to do this, do you? We were hoping that you would show up and try something. And you did just that." Thresa laughed as Guyver4 flew back and landed hard, skidding for a few feet.

      "Ugg... Oh. Man, what was that? Feels like a truck hit me... Right in the face. Ouch..." Guyver4 coughed. She looked up and saw Thresa advancing on her, and raising her right arm. She was going to fire the mini-stinger missiles again, and Guyver4 was not in much of a condition to get out of the way. Damn! I did not expect that. Now, I will have to get out of here the old fashined way. Damn! I did not want any zoanoid finding out that I could teleport. Guyver4 coughed. "Well, I would love to stay... But I have this thing about living. Even one time dying is too many times for me. Bye." As she started to teleport away Thresa fired another berrage of missiles. The missiles hit were she had been...

      Thresa staired at the big hole that was there, and cursed. Guyver4 was not there. She looked around and cursed again. Guyver4 had simply vanished. She had not been told that guyvers could do that. Thresa was not happy to have lost Guyver4 so easily. Then she heard a long, pained scream from not too far away. She turned and ran in that direction.

      Guyver4 came out of the teleport screaming. She had meant to teleport all the way out of the forest. But as she started to, she started to feel as if her mind was being crushed. Her whole body felt as if it would not be in one piece at the other end of her teleport. So she had stopped. She knew that she could not have gone more than a few hundered yards from where Thresa was, but she could not help but scream the pain in her body was too much for her to have heald the scream in. Somewhere, hidden inside her body, her control metal was also painfully pulsing. Her teleport had nearly fractured it, and her whole body felt as if she had been flattened by a steamroller. She tried to move, but only feel to her knees. I am doomed. Guyver4 thought in the back of her pained mind. Blackness overtook her then.

      Thresa rounded a tree just in time to see Guyver4 drop to her knees and then onto her face. She did not know what to think. She only knew that Guyver4 was damaged in some way, because of something that the guyver had done to herself. And now was the only chance that Cronos would get to study this guyver unit. Thresa walked over and picked Guyver4 up. She then took out a small radio unit. "Control. I have a package that must be delivered to Cronos Death Valley, and I am talking delivered now. Come with the chopper. I will meet you at the pickup point in ten minutes. And make it fast, I don't know how long this package will be safe to transport."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Kelley looked into the chamber through the oneway, shatterproff glass. The glass and the walls of the chamber had been reinforced so that the guyver could not break out. She was not at all happy that Guyver4 was captured, and had drilled Thresa for hours trying to find out what had gone wrong. All she knew was that Guyver4 had damaged herself somehow... That was not much to go on.

      Inside the chamber, Guyver4 opened her eyes. She did not move, or do anything that would let anyone think that she was awake yet. Her empathy was working overtime, and now she knew what a lab rat felt like. She had been captured and taken back to Cronos. Guyver4 had expected no less to be the case when she started to go out. Her control metal was still throbbing, and her whole body still hurt so baddly that she did not want to even try to move yet. Her control metal was so busy trying to fix its own damage that she had not healed at all from what had happened to her during the teleport. How am I going to get out of this? They have to of reinforced the room. They have to have known that I would try to escape, and have done everything that they could think of to make sure that I could not. My head hurts so much. What is my empathy working for? What is it that I need to know from it?

      The scientists on the other side of the glass looked at their machines and instruments, and commented on some of the data that they were getting about Guyver4. One of the scientists turned to Kelley. "Assisstant Directer, we have annolized the data over and over. We do not believe that the control metal that you see in the head of the unit is real. We are not sure if this is a real guyver at all. We request that you allow us to send someone in there to try to remove the metal from the unit's forhead, and see what happens."

      What am I going to do now? What do they mean that it is not a control metal? "You have my permission to do that, and only that. Understand me?" Kelley looked into the chamber and worried for her friend. How long can she stay in the guyver armor? When she comes out, what then? I can't keep telling them that Isis is on vacation. They bought that because of her new house... But you can only be moving in for so long. What am I going to do?

      Guyver4 lay in the middle of the floor as a zoanoid came into the chamber and slowly walked over to her. Oh, looky. Its a monkey. A monkey that really should have been dropped by its mother when it was born. A monkey with such big ears, and fangs too. I wonder why it is in here? Guyver4's empathy supplied the answer. He had been sent to take the fake control metal out of her head. Guyver4 did not know if that was going to cause her more pain, or if she would not feel it at all, but she did not want to take any chances. She moved slightly and moaned. "What do you think you are doing in here? You do know that I can kill you where you stand? Don't you?"

      The zoanoid stopped. "You are not supposed to be awake. The insterments said that you are not awake." It said to her as it looked at her puzzled.

      Guyver4 stood up slowly. "Do you really think that I am asleep? I am standing infront of you, talking to you no less. Does that sound like I am asleep to you? Damn, they really do make you guys that dumb, don't they? You could not have been born that stupid." Guyver4 looked over to the glass, appearing to be ignoring the zoanoid completly. "What do you want of me, Cronos?"

      The zoanoid had the tipical reaction to this. He charged Guyver4 and she cut him down with her elbow blades. Then she heard Kelley's voice from the other side of the glass. "We want to understand you. Your guyver unit is not like any we have seen. Is it true that the metal in your head is not your control metal? Tell us these things and we will not harm you further."

      Guyver4 could feel Kelley's worry and fear for her. "My friend. Don't worry. I will be fine. I am in pain, only because of my own stupid actions in battle. I will get out of this. You just watch over Nill while I am here. Please do that." "Why should I tell you anything about me, or my unit? You are Cronos. You are zoanoids, and the makers of zoanoids. I am a guyver, however different from the others I may be. I do not have to tell you anything. And I hope you try to get that information from me... I will enjoy your deaths if you do."

      "You might as well tell us. We will find out anyway. Why don't you just make it easier on yourself and just tell us?" Kelley did not know how to tell Guyver4 that she would do as she had been asked. She only knew that she could not do anything to help her friend now... Not yet at least.

      Guyver4 sat down in the center of the chamber. "Fine. You ask me what you want to know and I will tell you if I know the answer to the question myself. What do you want to know then, Cronos? What... Let me see. You asked about my control metal. Okay... Lets see. Nope. It is not in my forehead. What other questions do you have?" She shifted, hoping that the metal inside her would stop hurting so much soon.

      "How is it that you are so much stronger than other guyvers? Why do you have only need one hand to fire your Pressure Cannon? Do you have any other weapons that are new, or stronger?" Kelley asked, not that she expected Guyver4 to answer her.

      "Okay. That is not so much to know." They could hear a slight smile in her voice, as if she was enjoying herself. "I am all of the things that you said and more, because I am not a guyver. I am the Guyver Assassin. I have to be stonger and faster than the prey. So I am. I have very few weapons that a guyver does not. That is an answer to all of your questions. Now let me go. I did nothing to anyone that did not deserve it. You have no right to detain me. As if you ever really follow any laws anyway. I know all about you, Cronos. I don't need any questions answered. So, why don't you let me go? And we can forget that this ever happened."

      Kelley laughed. "You have some humor there, Guyver. Do you really think that we can just let you go? So you can do what? You are going to be messing up Cronos' plans, and killing our people, before the week is out."

      Guvyer4 just looked at the glass. Is she trying to tell me that is as long as she can cover for me? Or that there is something going down that I am going to have to deal with? Great. Now I really got to get out of this. "I am not trying to make jokes. I am just telling you the way it is. And I do not want to interfer with Cronos. I didn't want to be a guyver. But if you must know... I am called Guyver4 by the other guyvers. And you, Cronos, you are the hyper zoanoid that is called Kelley." She chuckled. "You are probably the first one... Is your name really Kelley then?"

      "Yes. How did you know that? How did you know that I was even a zoanoid at all... I am not in zoanoid form. Can you even see through this glass? It is so reinforced that it is hard for us to see through it, without having cameras in there." Kelley sounded shocked. "How is it that you know so much about Cronos?"

      Guyver4 shook her head. "No more questions... I am going to rest now. Don't try to get near me... You won't like what happens to anyone that tries." She laid down on the floor and curled up. Her control metal still throbbed inside her, and now it felt like it was burning her. Her whole body felt like the armor was crushing it. But she could not afford to remove it... "Kelley, I don't know how long a guyver, even the Guyver Assassin, can stay in the armor safely. I don't know if I am going to be able to hide behind it much longer. Please, just try to buy me some time. I hurt so baddly. I think I hurt my control metal. Please, don't let anyone come in here and wake me. I need to sleep if I am going to stay in the armor any longer." Guyver4 closed her eyes and put her trust in her friend. She was asleep in only moments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the third installment of Guyver4's adventures. I hope you enjoyed it, and don't get mad at me for the cliffhanger. Remember to look forward to the fourth installment. And special thanks to SpeedySer from IRC... For being a sounding board for ideas on how not to make Guyver4 too strong, and for being Guyver4's kitty. :P~

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter four

Back to Guyver4 FanFiction