The Birth of Guyver4

The young Isis

      There is a fine line between being out of control and just doing what you know is right. The aliens that created the humans as weapons to be used in their wars never understood that. But for any guyver, this is a fact that they can never forget.

      There were two groups of aliens that were jointly responsible for creating the humans. One group thought that humans were the weapons that they needed to win against the other group. The second did not believe that an army of humans would be enough, so they altered the humans. These altered humans were called zoanoids. The first group of aliens decided to use the bio-armor units that they had already made, for reasons unknown to the humans, to make their humans stronger than the zoanoids. But they found the humans using the bio-armor hard to control. This is how the units came to be known as guyver, a word meaning out-of-control.

      The war between the aliens stopped for reasons unknown to the humans, zoanoids, and guyvers alike. So it was that humans, zoanoids, nor guyvers ever saw the battle that they had been created to fight in. The humans thrived and reproduced. They grew as a race, and the zoanoids found ways of growing with them... But many of the guyver units had never been activated. The last contact from any of the creatures was a single ship returning to Earth, inside of it was a very important guyver unit...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      When Isis was growing up, the people in the orphanage could only tell her that her mother was part American. They could not even give her a last name. These things and the fact that Isis was extremely intelligent made it where the other kids did not want to play with her. So Isis grew up mostly reading books and learning as much as she could. She was determined to find a place in the world where she would belong and make a difference.

      At the age of sixteen, Isis was sent from the orphanage to a boarding school for girls. She was looked on as an outsider by the other girls there; they all had families. So, again Isis was alone... She began to leave the school grounds and go walking in the forest. It became her most favorite things to do. She loved to explore and enjoyed nature for all that it was worth.

      It was on one such exploration trip that Isis discovered a very strange cave. After inspecting the entrance, and declaring it safe, she went in. Once inside Isis discovered that she had not entered a cave after all. She had entered a spaceship of some kind that had embedded itself into the earth. Just when she was frightened enough to turn around and run back to the school to get help, the doors of the ship closed.

      Lights came on and she found that she was trapped in the spaceship. She started looking around for any way of getting the door open. As she searched another set of doors opened to reveal a hallway. Having no other place to go, Isis followed the hallway. At the end of the hallway she found what appeared to be a control room. There, on a pedestal, was a single guyver unit waiting to be activated.

      Isis woke up the next morning in her room at the boarding school. She could not remember how she got out of the ship, or how she got back to the school. But she did remember, very clearly, the guyver unit sitting on the pedestal glowing as she walked nearer to it. Weeks passed and Isis began to wonder if what she had seen hadn't all been some dream that she had. But something kept nagging her about it.

      Finally, two months after the incident, Isis returned to the spot where she had found the entrance to what had turned out to be a spaceship. She only found a hole in the ground where something large had once been. Looking around she saw that some very heavy equipment had been in the area recently. Isis returned to the boarding school and asked about it. Her answer, the Cronos Corporation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Upon graduating from the boarding school, Isis went to Cronos Japan to get a job and find out what had happened to the spaceship. She was not sure why but somehow the ship seemed to be very important to her, or at least something connected to the ship.

      "At nineteen years old, you truly are one of the most amazing employees that Cronos Japan is employing this year. We are very glad to have you aboard, Isis. I understand that you have no last name, or family to speak of?" Mr. Makishima, the director of Cronos Japan asked.

      Isis bowed. She had not expected to meet Mr. Makishima. She had just gotten the job of lab assistant and technician yesterday. "That is correct. I have never had any family, Mr. Makishima. I am very honored to be working for Cronos Corporation, and to meet you."

      Mr. Makishima smiled and indicated the young boy standing beside his desk. "This is my son, Agito Makishima. He will show you to the lab and explain a few things about Cronos to you. I hope that we can trust you to keep everything you learn here secret? We do not want any other companies getting their hands on projects that we have worked so hard on, now do we?"

      "That would be a tragedy of the worst kind, Mr. Makishima. I would never disclose the secrets of Cronos Corporation to anyone." She bowed. Then she bowed to Agito Makishima. "I am very honored to meet you as well, Agito Makishima. I am not quite sure by what title you wish to be called."

      "That is quite alright. You may simply call me, Agito. I am not as important as my father is to Cronos Japan. Could you wait for me out in the hall? I will be with you in one moment. I have to speak with my father." Agito smiled and returned the bow.

      Isis nodded, bowed again to Mr. Makishima and walked out of the office. Once the door closed, Agito turned to his father. "Do we have to tell her right away about the zoanoids? I do not see why it cannot wait until she is more loyal to Cronos. She could take it rather badly. And then we would be forced to either make her a zoanoid ahead of the scheduling, or kill her. She is too brilliant a mind to simply lose... And she may not retain her full intelligence after the transformation. That has happened several times. We have spent too much time on getting her here for that to happen."

      "Agito, we have had this same conversation over many of the other young scientists that we bring in. You have been proven wrong time and time again. I realize that this one is different. That we have been hoping that she would come to Cronos since we found that spaceship near her boarding school and learned that she may have been the one to enter it before we discovered it.

      "I also realize that she is a computer expert. And her knowledge in that field can be valuable to us. We need her skills on special projects. Do remember that we have just been given permission to transport the guyver units to Cronos Japan for further study. I want her on that. Now do not keep her waiting too long." Mr. Makishima pointed to the door. Agito bowed and walked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      "Genetic experimentation? What kind of experiments?" Isis looked at Agito blankly. And he told her all about the zoanoids that Cronos made... All of what he said had the ring of something that Isis had heard before. When the telling was done Isis simply sat and stared ahead of her. "Zoanoids. Oh, okay. So, I'm supposed to help Cronos make better machines and more programs for those machines, so that they can make more zoanoids? Right?"

      "Yes. That is right. Isis, I am not supposed to tell you this... But if you try to tell anyone about all of this, Cronos will have to deal with you. That means dead, or becoming a zoanoid yourself. Do you understand?" Agito placed his hand on her shoulder. She was slightly older than him, but to say that she appeared to be a little lost child was understating the fact.

      Isis only smiled. "Somehow, I find it very hard to believe that I would make a very good zoanoid... And as for death. I have not been all that scared of it since I went inside that cave near my school. I..." She blinked as if in some kind of daze, or trance. "Agito, where have I heard the name guyver before?"

      For a moment, Agito was afraid to answer. Her words had shocked him very badly. The only cave anywhere near the boarding school that she had gone to had not been a cave at all. It had been a spaceship. And when Cronos had discovered it there was evidence that another guyver unit had once been there, but that someone had beaten them to the ship and had taken it. But he decided not to mention that. "How could you have heard about the guyvers? They have not even been shipped here yet. Father and I just learned of their transport this morning. How could you know about them at all?"

      "I don't know." Isis shrugged. "Agito, only a guyver can kill a guyver. No matter how many new zoanoids Cronos makes, they cannot make any of them stronger than the guyvers. Will you remember that? I don't know how I know it, but I do... And I think that you are one of the people that should know it too." Agito nodded and wondered about the blank look in Isis' eyes as she spoke of the guyver units.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Mr. Makishima was very angry when he entered the lab that Isis was working in. The doctor that she was assisting moved over to him as soon as he entered. Dr. Yoshoniko looked at Mr. Makishima as if he could reach out and strangle the director. "What is the meaning of the delay? We were scheduled to receive the units this morning. It is almost time to quit work. Where are they?"

      "They have been stolen!" Mr. Makishima fumed. "The man who was carrying them turned on us, and has run off with the guyver units! We will get them back, and he will pay. But it will take some time."

      "Damn!" Dr. Yoshoniko swore.

      Isis bowed to the director and the doctor. "Does that mean that I will no longer be needed here today? I have a date with Agito, and I have already kept him waiting."

      "You sound very calm, Isis. Why?" Dr. Yoshoniko glared at her and she could tell that he was close to transforming into his zoanoid state, he was so angry over the delay and now the theft of the guyver units.

      Isis stood up straight. "I know that Cronos can handle this. That is all..."

      Mr. Makishima nodded. "Yes. Cronos Japan can handle this. You can go on and meet Agito." Isis bowed and hurried out of the lab. She was not about to tell them that she had known that the theft would take place because she helped to plan it. Nor was she about to tell anyone what she was beginning to suspect about herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      "Agito! Where are you!? Why did you ask me to come out here!? Agito, where are you?" Isis walked around the clearing in the forest near the little lake that she and Agito normally came to.

      "Please, keep your voice down. There are still zoanoids around, and I do not want anyone but you to see me like this just yet." A guyver walked out of the shadows. "When I heard that our man had been caught somewhere around here, I had to come and secure at least one of them."

      "That nut that you had take them almost completely destroyed one of them. It will heal but only if it is not activated until it has had time to regenerate. Agito, you look quite stunning in your own unit." But Isis fidgeted, there was something that she should know...

      The guyver moved forward. "Isis, I have no idea how I did this, or how to put it away. Can you help me figure it out before some zoanoid trying to locate the other guyver discovers me."

      "I, for one, am all for that. I can not take you back to the lab, or anything... Try to tell it that it is not needed at the moment. Do it in your mind. That may work." Isis was sure that it would work, though she did not know how she knew. Nor did she know how she had known about the damage to the one unit or that it would heal. She had left the lab and went directly to Agito's apartment, there she had received the phone call from Agito telling her to meet him out here. "Agito? Only one unit was recovered by Cronos. That was what you said on the phone. You have one... Do you know who has the other?"

      Agito looked at her, now out of the guyver armor. "A boy named Sho. From my high school. He activated the first one and has gone now. I will keep an eye on him at school. I just hope that none of the zoanoids saw him or his friend. There could be big trouble..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Back at Cronos, Isis studied the guyver unit with Dr. Yoshoniko and the other lab assistants. "Dr. Yoshoniko, we have run every test three times. Other than knowing that the control metal of the unit is damaged, we know nothing. It is very late... And I have to check out the new equipment tomorrow morning. So, if I may go?" Isis bowed.

      "Yes, you can go, Isis. You really are the best assistant that I have. I would not want to overwork you. Please, go home and get some rest. You do look as if you need it." The doctor did not even look up from the data as she left.

      Isis smiled. Rest was not what she had in mind at all. She had to meet Agito and help him practice with his guyver weapons. And then she had to try and see if she was right in believing that she too was a guyver...

      After his practice section, Agito looked at Isis very confused. "Okay, I have blown up trees. Now, can you tell me how you know so much about the weapons of the guyver unit? Or is that one of those things that you just know too?"

      Isis just gave him a sour look. "I have a theory. But I wanted to wait to see if I was right until after you were out of your unit. Okay. Here goes nothing." She closed her eyes and called the guyver unit the way that Agito called to his. The armor slapped up around her just as it had with Agito. "Ummm... I guess I was right. That cave that I found was a spaceship and I did activate the unit on the pedestal."

      "That is what I have been thinking too. I hope you don't mind that I knew that it had to be you that discovered the ship first." Agito smiled.

      "Does anyone else know?" She sounded worried.

      "Just my father. He does not think that you activated the unit though. He only thinks that you took it and hid it someplace. You look pretty good in that you know. You look like it suits you very well." He looked over the armor that she wore. "I can see some differences. Do you think that there are many?"

      Isis removed the unit and held out her hand, her control metal rested in it. "Oh, I would say a few. The control metal in the head of the armor is a fake... This is the real one. And I can send it away with the rest of the armor, or keep it as you see." The metal vanished the way the armor had. "And I have memory of what the armor is capable of... I think that it is stored in the control metal itself."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Because of working on the new equipment at the Mount Minakame instillation Isis did not know that Lisker had taken over the lab and was determined to destroy Guyver1. Who she knew was Sho Fukamachi. But she did know the instant the guyver unit in the lab became active, and she knew that Guyver2 was Lisker. A man working for Cronos was a snake, but Lisker was one man that Isis considered evil. That he was now a guyver made her very angry.

      She was also aware that Guyver1 destroyed Guyver2 in a very impressive battle. He destroyed the already damaged control metal and then decentergrated the already melting body with the mega smasher. When Agito called her and told her about these things, she only said that she had known, and did not explain to him how.

      When she finally returned to work at Cronos Japan's high rise building she was told that they were trying to create a zoanoid that could destroy Guyver1 and bring its control metal back to Cronos. She heard from Agito later that the man who was going to be the new zoanoid was his father. Isis did not let that bother her as she helped to create Enzyme. It also did not stop her from creating in Enzyme the few bugs that would allow her own guyver armor to be immune to Enzyme's toxic blood and touch. As she had added bugs into the programming of all the zoanoids that she had helped to make.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Commander Guou called Isis to his office when Enzyme was sent to fight Guyver1. Guou had taken over running Cronos Japan now that Mr. Makishima had been made into Enzyme. "Isis. You have been doing some very good work here at Cronos Japan. I am not going to punish you for the mistakes of your superiors. Would you accept a promotion if it meant leaving Cronos Japan? Cronos America needs a good worker like you."

      "America? Sir Commander. I have always wished to go to the states. I am part American and have always wanted to learn more about what being American really meant. I will accept the promotion and transfer if it is offered to me." Isis bowed.

      "Then it is offered. You will transfer in one week. I want you to go to the Mount Minakame installation. You will be preparing the new equipment for shipping. You designed it, you should take it with you when you go... I want that equipment as far away from the guyver as possible, and soon. Understand?" Commander Guou said.

      "Thank you. I understand." She bowed and left. Once in the hall she almost doubled over with pain. The death of Guyver2 had been very quick because of Guyver1's mega smashing him. The death of Guyver1 was not quick at all. And she was feeling every moment of it. She had allowed her empathy to stretch out to Guyver1 as he fought Enzyme in the hope that she could somehow help him in the battle. Now she was paying dearly for it and she hoped that nobody saw her. She also kept hearing Guyver1's last mental cry for help. Agito, why didn't you help him? What are you up to now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      She had gotten the call from Agito not three minutes ago. Cronos Japan's high rise headquarters had been destroyed by both Guyver1 and Guyver3. She had told Agito that if they were all going to be numbered that she guessed that Guyver4 would be just about right for her. And she told him that she would be going to Cronos America soon. That the base that she would be working out of was somewhere in the desert, and that she would miss him. Isis also told him that he was not to tell Sho that there even was a Guyver4 unless another guyver showed up and tried to take her number. They both had a good laugh about that one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the first installment of Guyver4's adventures. I hope you enjoyed it, even though there were no great battle scenes. There will be in the second installment, so look forward to it.

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter two

Back to Guyver4 FanFiction