Excalibur: Chronicles Of The Shadow Guyver

by

Shadow Guyver 007

E-Mail: Shadow_Guyver_007@yahoo.com

E-Mail 2: ShadowGuyver007@hotmail.com

E-Mail 3: GuyverDragon007@aol.com

Author's Note: The only character in this work of fanfiction that is mine and that I have not mentioned before now is Turan Khoj.
 
 

Chapter 4

Garner felt a surge of pain as the tendrils began working their way into his flesh. From listening to stories told to him as a boy by his father and other members of the Guyver High Counsel, he knew that the pain would not last long. After a brief moment, it was over and Jeremy felt the armor plates closed tightly around his skin. He opened his eyes and got the shock of his young life.

The armor was as black as a shadow, something he had never seen in a Guyver before. They were usually blue, yellow or even silver. The Elemental Guyvers were different colors, but they had not yet been activated. Garner looked at the arms, trying to find the places where the vibration swords would extend. As if on cue, the jet-black blades shot straight out from his wrists, pointing toward the pod. "Cool." was all he could say. Attempting to establish a foothold of control early on, he visualized the blades retracting. Much to his surprise, the Unit was perfectly obedient. But there was something he felt that was never described by any Guyver he had ever spoken to: the sense of another presence inside him, as if there were now two minds in the same body. He soon realized that this was the truth. It was something that he had only heard rumors of before; something that was highly sought-after by the GHC: a fully-sentient Guyver Unit.

"This'll get me into the Counsel for sure." he thought. Suddenly, a new voice was speaking to him through some sort of telepathy. But it was not the same voice from before; this was a completely new entity. Then another realization hit him. It was the Unit.

~~~I am the Shadow Guyver. I have travelled for over a thousand years and across countless miles of space in order to find someone like you. Jeremy, we are now one. All my knowledge, memories and experiences are at your disposal. Use them wisely.~~~

~~~But how did you know where to find me?~~~ Garner asked the Unit in the same manner that it had contacted him.

~~~My telepathic abilities detected your brain-wave pattern the second of your birth. At that moment, I was able to steer my pod towards your planet. It has taken me all this time to reach you. Once I was a few light-years away, I began establishing a mental link between us. After we were linked, I sent the message to you through your ship's communications system. You were the only one who could understand it because we were linked. I am sorry if I caused Ensign Crusher any permanant damage, but a strong signal was neccessary to get past the communications block that the Reliant set up.~~~

~~~You mean that was the reason that we couldn't communicate with Starfleet? Sounds like sabotage to me.~~~

~~~Indeed. We must investigate the matter further. But it will have to wait. For now, we have a far more important mission to accomplish.~~~

~~~What could be more important than saving our own skins right now?~~~ At the very second he finished this message, a tidal wave of images flooded his mind. Zoanoids of all sizes, shapes and colors, other Guyvers, several types of Gorn warships and the most horriffic sight that Garner had ever seen: the GigaShadow. It was a huge beast that looked for all the world like a gigantic Scarab beetle with a vaguely humanoid appearance. Further questioning of the Unit told him that the GigaShadow was an experimental type of Zoalord that had, suposedly, been destroyed. But it was still at large and a major threat to the galaxy. While it's true identity was unknown, Garner swore to the Unit that he would help it to destroy this evil and let true peace reign throughout existence.

"Commander, are you there?" It was Wesley's voice. The young genius had found a way to turn Jeremy's commbadge on from the bridge. The Starfleet delta appeared on the armor's left chestplate and Garner spoke into it. "I'm here, Crusher. What's wrong?"

"Are you okay, sir? Your voice sounds different than it did when you left." came the concerned reply from Seven, who had apparently taken the headpiece away from Wesley.

"I'm alright, Lieutenant. I've just changed a little, that's all. Yes. Changed. For the better. Tell Harriman I'll be on the bridge shortly." With this, he clicked of the badge and the insignia disappeared.

~~~You guys never cease to amaze me.~~~ he said to the Unit.

~~~Oh, I think you have a lot more surprises to come.~~~ was the Shadow Guyver's silent reply.

~~~Can't wait.~~~ said Garner, smiling under the helmet as he stepped back into the turbolift. On the bridge, Harriman was trying to find a way to communicate with at least one of the two ships attacking him. Just as he started to get a headache from all the contemplating, it hit him like a ton of duranium plating.

"Crusher," he said, turning to the young Ensign, "try a signal that uses a PHASER shot as a carrier. We'll need to find the frequency of the Sovereign's shields. Seven, get to work."

"Yes sir." came the reply from the ex-Borg. She turned to her console and hurredly began tapping into the vast stores of knowledge contained within the databanks of the Stargazer. After less than half a minute, she said, "I've got it, sir. I'm sending the data over to Chekov now."

After a second-long delay, Pavel readied the short PHASER blast that would carry their message through. Just then, the turbolift doors opened and everyone gasped at the dark figure before them.

"C-c-commander?" Wesley managed to stammer out as the figure moved over to Harriman. "Yeah, it's me." Garner replied without even turning his head. Then, to Harriman, he saluted and said, "Reporting for duty, sir."

Harriman, more angry than startled, clenched his right hand into a fist and said, "Commander, I gave you a direct order not to touch that Unit. Who knows what that thing has in store for us. You know that the goals of a Guyver do not always coincide with those of it's host."

Jeremy put his hand down and replied, "Oh, but our goals do coincide, Captain. We both want peace and we both want to achieve it in the same manner." Turning to Seven, he said, "What is our current status?"

"We are preparing to send a PHASER burst through the Sovereign's shields carrying a transmission. If we can communicate with them, then maybe we can negotiate."

"Negotiations are irrelevant." Garner said, doing a perfect imitation of a Borg. "The Reliant has put up a communications shield. I can't contact Starfleet, but this thing," he said, tapping the sphere on his forehead, "told me how to talk to the Sovereign. Let me try, sir. It's our best shot."

Captain Harriman looked like he was ready to shoot Jeremy, but then consented to his idea. "All right. But if this fails, it'll be your fault, got it?

"Understood, sir." Garner said, once again smiling under the helmet. After a moment of concentration, the viewscreen flickered with the image of the Sovereign's bridge. In the center chair was Captain Londo Mollari of Centauri Prime. "Captain Mollari," Jeremy began, "I am Commander Jeremy Garner of the USS Stargazer, the vessel which you are attacking. I ask you to call off the Reliant and we can all return to Starbase One. I'm sure we can work this out like Vulcans instead of Klingons."

Londo contemplated this for a minute and said, "I understand your reasoning, Commander, and I would like nothing better than to solve this without bloodshed, but I am under direct orders from Admiral Adama to capture your vessel. My hands are tied and there isn't a thing I can do."

"What about Vir?" Garner replied, starting to get angry.

"Vir is a good Centauri, but he is misguided. In times of crisis, he panics and hides under his desk. I have seen this time and time again. I knew it was a mistake for them to take him away from that White Star of his, but they wouldn't listen. They didn't want another warrior in an office. They wanted a negotiator, in which case I think they should have picked Lennier. He would have been a much better choice."

"Look, Mollari," Garner said, "I didn't want your life story. I just wanted to know whether or not you can call off this attack."

Londo looked annoyed, but consented. "I will contact the Reliant and see what I can do."

"There iss no need for that courssse of action, Captain." As this voice spoke from the loudspeaker, another image appeared to the left of Londo's. It was the bridge of the Reliant. A massive, reptillian creature was standing, back turned to the screen, beside the empty center chair. It was Turan Khoj, captain of the Reliant and Gorn ambassador to the Federation. As Khoj turned to face the Stargazer's bridge crew, his already-bugged-out eyes grew even wider as he saw Garner.

"No. Thiss iss imposssible! My ancesstorss jetissoned you into ssspace centuriess ago!" he said as he almost fell backwards into his chair. "I do not know how you esscaped your prisson, Ssshhadow Guyver, but I will be ssure that you die here and now!" With that, both images vanished and the giant hull of the Sovereign loomed before them once again, unmoving in the blackness of space. Harriman, quite perturbed at this point, turned to Garner and asked, "Okay, oh fearless leader. What do we do now?"

Garner shook his head and replied, "Brace for impact and pray to whatever gods you have that Khoj is a terrible shot."

To Be Continued.........

Ahh, another cliffhanger. How I do them well! I'm not saying whether or not a battle will commence, but something quite unexpected will happen in Chapter 5. CYAL8R, you most excellent Guyver fans!


 
 
Back to Shadow Guyver 007
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.