Excalibur: Chronicles Of The Shadow Guyver

by

Shadow Guyver 007

E-Mail : Shadow_Guyver_007@yahoo.com

E-Mail 2 : ShadowGuyver007@hotmail.com

E-Mail 3 : GuyverDragon007@aol.com
 
 
 

"....firing!" Starbuck said a split second before the Stargazer was hit by a double PHASER blast. Harriman looked to Ensign Pavel Chekov getting back into his chair beside Starbuck and said, "Chekov! Damage report!"

"There's some buckling on deck 19, Keptin. Ve also have severe damage to the IMPULSE engines. Vithout Varp speed, ve're as good as dead." replied a banged-up Chekov. At this time, the ship's Chief Science Officer, former Borg drone Seven of Nine, jumped in. "Sir, I may have a solution, but it will take time to execute."

"What is it, Lieutenant? I'm out of ideas here." Hariman said while nursing a bruised jaw.

"Well," continued Seven, "if we were to open a channel with Starfleet Command, we might be able to convince Admiral Sulu to break off the attack."

"Excellent idea, Seven. Wesley, send a message to Sulu and inform him of our situation."said Harriman.

"Communications are down, sir. It's the first thing they took out." said a downtrodden Wesley Crusher.

"Damn! Isn't anything going to right on this trip?" said Garner as he pounded his fist into his work station. "Scotty, how are things going down there?"

"I can give you IMPULSE power, but the transducer's bypassed like a

Christmas tree, sodon't give me too many bumps."

"Good work as always, Scotty." said Harriman. "Helm, get us out of here.

Head back to Starbase One so that we can explain what happened to Adama and we might be able to get a plea bargain on our court martials."

Garner chose this time to stop cursing at the engineering console to give another idea. "Sir, if we rerouted power from the backup systems and PHASER banks to the shields, we might get back home in one piece."

"Get to work on it, Starbuck." said Harriman, a faint glimmer of hope now in his eye. To Garner, he said, "Nice job, Commander."

"Commander? But sir, I don't know if....." Garner began.

"Look, I just gave you a promotion to second-in-command of this ship. Why would you object?"

"I don't, sir, it's just that Ivanova might not like it."

"She's as good as discharged anyway. She'll be sent back to B5 so fast it'll cause her insignia to spin."

"Whatever you say, Captain." replied Garner as he threw Harriman a salute.

John was about to return it when the ship was rocked with another explosion. Seven looked toward the two men and said, "Captain, Commander, we have an unidentified object flying toward us and three-quarters IMPULSE power. I can't be entirely sure of this, but I think that it has Gorn markings."

"Gorn?" said Harriman, slightly perplexed. "What would one of their ships be doing this close to Earth?"

"I don't know, sir, but I have a rather bad feeling about this." said Garner. Suddenly, Crusher screamed in pain and threw his headset off.

"What's wrong, Wesley?" asked Starbuck.

"I was trying to fix the console and get through to Starbase One when something loud came over the speaker." came the reply from the dazed Ensign.

"Let me hear it." Garner said. "I can't explain it, but somehow, I feel that this message is for me." Wesley picked up the earpiece and gave it to Jeremy, who placed it on his head. After a few seconds of silence, he took the headset off and went to the sensors.

"Seven," he began, "I want you to keep an eye on the main shuttlebay. We're going to have a very  special visitor in a minute. As soon as that pod docks, get the forcefields up." With this, he left the bridge. As Jeremy got into the turbolift, he began wondering just what the hell he was doing. He was following a strange transmission from a Gorn starpod which he wasn't even sure he could trust, that's what he was doing. But the whatever-it-was aboard the pod had promised him great power; power beyond anything he had ever dreamed of. Something inside Garner, almost like a program, told him to do as this thing said. He couldn't explain it and he wouldn't try. He would just follow his instincts and do what they told him. If they ended up killing him, well, it would be his own fault.

No sooner had he completed these thoughts, the turbolift stopped and he saw the shuttle bay sprawled out before him. There was no oxygen yet, so he had to reach into the emergency kit attached to the left hip of his uniform and pull out the small breather mask. Once he was breathing comfortably, he floated out into the bay, looking for their visitor. While he didn't see the pod yet, he could see the barely-visible outline of the USS Reliant, holding position behind the aft torpedo bays. {If they hadn't taken those out early on,} he thought, {I'd tap into the controls right now and sent one right down their throat.} At first, he was a little surprised by the thoughts of violence entering his head. Violence that seemed very pleasing to him. But, after a moment of contemplation, something clicked inside him. He began to take notice of a peculiar feeling in the pit of his stomach. Unexplainable at this time, he pushed it aside and made a mental note to ask Dr. Franklin back on Earth about it later. If he survived this attack, that is. There! He could see it now. The small, black pod, apparently invisible to the sensors of the Reliant. It was mere seconds from the bay now. As he watched it enter, Garner heard a voice in his head that was unknown to him, but sounded strangely familiar.

~~~This is part of your destiny.~~ it began. ~~Do not run. Embrace it. All will be explained in time. You must trust me on this. This, as well as many other things, is what you were made for. Again, I say not to run. I know far more about you than you know about me, Jeremy Garner, but you can be sure that I am a friend. One who you will meet very soon....~~~

With those final words, the voice faded. Garner shook off the puzzled feeling he had and watched the pod land. He saw the forcefield go up and could feel the room slowly filling with air. A mere second before the artificial gravity kicked in, he realized that he was still twenty feet above the floor. "DAMN! Gotta remember to hold onto a ladder or pipe next time I decide to walk around in Zero-Gee." he said as he peeled his face off of the metal floor. He removed the breather mask and looked at the pod, which had now stopped moving. After he brushed off some of the excess ice and dirt, Jeremy could see that it was a perfect sphere and, like Seven had said, it had Gorn markings on the hull. "Shoulda paid more attention in language class." he said as he tried in vain to understand the symbols on the metal. Though less than a meter in any direction, it was clearly meant for long-distance travel.

More out of curiousity than anything, he reached out and touched the craft. What he felt was not durainum, iron, nickel or steel, but more like fine leather. Noticing a small imperfection that looked like a handprint on the port side, he cautiously placed his right hand into the "dent". Almost the very second he did this, a small hatch opened right in front of his face. He stared in awe at the small object nestled inbetween a mass of wires and piping. There was a spherical crystal in the center of this object  which started glowing with a black light as he looked upon it. He knew this thing well. He had seen holograms of them more times than he could count. It was....

"A Guyver Unit?! What the hell is a Guyver doing way out here? Doesn't look like anything Earth ever made, though." He tapped his commbadge and spoke into it. "Captain Harriman, this is Jeremy. I found or little 'visitor' in the shuttlebay."

"What is it?" asked Harriman a split second before the Reliant fired a torpedo into the bulkhead directly below the bay.

"You're not going to believe this, sir, but it's a Guyver Unit." Garner replied, still not sure whether he believed it himself or not.

Harriman's alarm was easily detectable over the commlink. "Don't touch it, you hear me? That thing could be dangerous. Let me get a security squad down there and we'll destroy that abomination before it can destroy us."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, sir." Garner said. "This Unit has apparently come a long way to find me and I'm not about to disappoint it." He spoke these last words as he reached both hands out to pick up the Guyver.

"Commander, that is a direct order! Do NOT touch that Unit! Do not...."

Harriman's voice was cut off as Garner reached down and flicked off his badge. Again, he stretched his hands out to pick up the small bio-casing which sustained the Guyver until it could find a suitable host. He picked it up and noted that it had the same leathery feel as the pod which carried it. He inched it closer to his face and the orb in the middle seemed to glow faster, as if it was trying to match Jeremy's heartbeat. It was less than an inch away from his head now. He saw it pulse one final time and he began to grow worried. Then Garner saw the black tendrils. They encircled him and the last image his eyes picked up before the darkness consumed him was the orb. It now had a steady black light that seemed to totally consume the crystal. Although he should have felt panic, instead there was a sense of completion. He was a Guyver now, exactly as he had dreamed all his life. As for the Unit, it, too, felt this sense of completion. It had found it's host and was already beginning to prepare him for what was to come.

To Be Continued.......

Well, that's it for this chapter! Sorry it took so long, guys (especially to you, Warriorsong), but I kind of lost the flare for writing for a few months after my grandpa died. Well, I'm back and better than ever! I already have Chapter 4 being written in my head and things are looking good for Starfleet Commander Jeremy Garner (who, in case you guys haven't noticed by the way I sign all my e-mails, is me) and the mysterious Shadow Guyver. What will become of these two? Who was the strange voice which spoke to Garner mere moments before he bonded with the Unit? Why is he so drawn to the power that the Shadow Unit promised? And what was that starange feeling he got in the turbolift? All these questions will be answered in due time. For now, though, I am going to work on Chapter 4 of Excalibur and Chapter 2 of Graboids: The Terror Returns. Well, 'til next time, CYA!!!!!!!!!!


 
 
Back to Shadow Guyver 007
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.