Excalibur:

Chronicles Of The Shadow Guyver

by

Shadow Guyver 007

E-Mail: Shadow_Guyver_007@yahoo.com

E-Mail 2: ShadowGuyver007@hotmail.com

E-Mail 3: GuyverDragon007@aol.com
 
 

Disclaimer:

I claim no ownership to any characters in this work of fanfiction whatsoever,save for Jeremy Garner, Ra'Dokh and the Elemental Guyvers, who I claim 100% ownership toand, if these characters are used without my permission, I will have you blacklisted fromwww.fanfiction.net if you happen to be registered with them. If you are not a fanfiction.net author,then I'll have to take drastic measures to insure that my characters remain mine. So, CHOKE ON THAT, SLAPNUTS!!!!!!!!! ("The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett, World Championship Wrestling {I don't own that one, either.})
 
 
 

Chapter 1
 

As twenty-year-old Jeremy Garner reports for duty as Chief Engineer on board the Constitution-class USS Sstargazer, he cannot help but feel proud of himself. Graduating top of his class in Starfleet Academy, he was, after a short six months of active duty on Starbase One, given the rank of Lieutenant Commander and stationed aboard the flagship of the fleet. While the newer Excelsior-class were under construction, they just didn't come any better than a Constitution. The USS Excelsior, the first of this new type, was supposed to return from her maiden voyage three hours before Garner's ship was to leave for Vulcan. She didn't return for a good six months because of a faulty TransWarp engine. The engine was dimantled upon her return and she was given a regular Warp Drive.

The Stargazer, on the other hand, had only tried-and-true technology and was one-hundred-percent reliable. And so was her Captain. Captain John Harriman was on the bridge when Garner arrived. They shook hands and then Harriman gave the order to leave spacedock. Garner took his seat and checked the controls. What he saw shocked the hell out of him.

"Helm! Belay that order!" he yelled. Everyone, including Harriman, looked at him like he had just sprouted an extra head.

"Why, Lieutenant?" asked G'Kar, the Narn in charge of security.

"Because," Garner yelled, "our Dilithium crystals are missing!"

Harriman looked puzzled, first at Garner for yelling at a Narn, then at G'Kar, wondering why Garner wasn't dead by now. He went over to Garner's screen and looked. Sure enough, the sensors showed the the cyrtals had been removed from the engine. "G'Kar, gather your men and meet me in Engineering. Garner, you're with me.

Ivanova, you have the bridge." said Harriman.

"Yes sir!" replied Susan Ivanova, his second-in-command. This was not her first time in the chair. There had been many times he had asked her to take command while he took care of business elsewhere. Still, the current crisis made her nervous. Jeremy didn't need to be told twice. In fact, he didn't need to be told once. He was in the Turbolift before Harriman issued the command.

In Engineering, Garner's top men were looking over the engine and G'Kar and his security officers were guarding all entrances and exits. Jeremy looked at his right-hand man, Starfleet Engineer Montgomery Scott. In his years of service to Starfleet, he had been dubbed "Scotty".

"Well, Scotty," said Harriman, "what's the verdict?"

Scotty looked worried. "Aye, the crystals'r missin', alright, but I don't have a single idea as ta who could've taken 'em. I was standing guard all night, sir. I havena got a damn clue."

Harriman listened and asked, "Well, could they have been beamed out?"

Garner spoke up. "Negative, sir. Scotty says he was on guard all night. If they had been beamed out, he would have heard it and there would be some record in the ship's databanks. He didn't hear anything and there are no such records. Besides that, we're in spacedock. Only shuttles are allowed and Starfleet only allows Transporters to be used in emergencies or very special occasions. Besides, they would have known about any unauthorized Transporters in use or any shuttles heading out of their docking bay."

"Well, who could have done it, then?" asked Harriman. He was kicking himself because this was his ship and he didn't see how he could have let this happen.

"Sir. If I may, I have an idea." said Garner, who was now as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. "If we were to contact Starfleet Command and give them our situation, I'm sure that the Guyver High Counsel will be able to solve our dilemma."

"Aye, that they would, lad. That they would. Although I never really cared for the Unit itself or the way that you have ta use it, I've always respected the Counsel and what the Guyvers can do."

"To tell the truth, I hate the Guyvers." Harriman said.

"Why? The Guyvers fight for justice and peace. They're heroes. They're..."

"MURDERERS!" shouted Harriman, almost in tears. "My father was on board the Saratoga when the Romulans attacked it 8 years ago. The captain of that ship was a Narn Guyver named Ra'Dokh. My father, Micheal Harriman, was his Science Officer.

The captain left the ship via Transporter and left my father behind to work the controls. Dad was killed right after the captain left."

"Come, come, lad. Control yourself." said Scotty. "We captured him right after he tried to escape into Romulan space. He was tried as a deserter and a Romulan spy and executed, if you remember."

"There's nothing wrong with my memory! Still, he was a Guyver and HE KILLED MY FATHER!." Harriman shouted, shocking Scotty. He didn't surprise Garner, who had to work under an instructor exactly like Harriman at the Academy.

Once again, Garner was trying to keep everyone calm. "Captain, I'm no doctor, but I can clearly see that you need some rest. You go take a nap. Suzan can get the ship out of the Solar System without getting us into a conflict. I hope."

Harriman wasn't sure of Ivaova's capabilities as acting captain either.

"No, Garner, she can't. She'll break a small regulation, they'll tell her about it, she'll fly off the handle and we'll find ourselves in the midst of a battle with half of Starfleet. I want Scotty in command while I'm in my quarters. He served under Kirk and often took command of the Enterprise when Jim wasn't there. I have confidence in him and his abilities."

"Aye, that I did. The Enterprise was a fine ship." replied Scotty, a slight tear welling up in the corner of his left eye. He wiped it away before Harriman could see it. But Garner had trained himself to watch for the sides of people that they didn't want seen, so he saw it as soon as it formed. Scotty didn't know this, and Garner had no intention in telling him.

"Yes, Scotty she was." said Garner. "I've been aboard the new Enterprise-B.

She's a fine ship, but it's nothing like the original. I was stationed aboard her for my final exam back at the Academy. The Kobayashi Maru scenario. Kirk and I were the only ones to ever beat it. We're a coupla' great officers, aren't we?"

"Aye, lad. Yer great. At cheatin', that is. You read over Kirk's personal logs of his Academy days, that's fer sure. But, there was one they blocked out." said Scotty. Harriman put his hands behind his back and said, "Yep. The log he made of his turn on the ol' KM simulation. That described how he altered it's programming."

Scotty smiled and said, "Even with a detailed description of how he did it, you'd have ta be a program manipulator to know how to pull it off without destroying the Starfleet database."

Garner gave him a mock scowl and said, "Please, Scotty! We don't like the term 'program manipulators'. We prefer 'hackers'."

"Whatever ya say, lad. Whatever ya say." Scotty said while trying, quite unsuccessfully, to contain his laughter. This caused Harriman to burst out laughing and, soon, all of Engineering was laughing histerically and most of them didn't even know what they were laughing at. Hariman was trying to catch his breath when his commbadge chirped. "Bridge to Captain Harriman." said a frantic Marcus Cole, the ship's counselor and local telepath. "We have a rather significant problem up here."

"What is it, Marcus?" asked Harriman, fearing the worst. "It's Ivanova, sir. She told Ensign Boomer to leave spacedock using 1/4 IMPULSE power. He started quoting Starfleet regulations, saying that only thrusters were allowed in spacedock. Well, she ordered him confined to quarters and then told Lieutenant Starbuck to take over. He used IMPULSE, all right, but then Admiral Cotto came on screen and told her to use thrusters. She wouldn't listen, as usual. She made it out of spacedock and we're now twenty minutes from Babylon 5, roceeding at full IMPULSE. Vir didn't do anything, but now Admiral Adama has ordered us captured. The USS Reliant and the Sovereign are closing on our position. What do I do, sir? WHAT DO I DO???" said a now-panicking Marcus.

"Don't do anything, Marcus. I'm on my way." To his companions, he said, "Scotty, Jeremy, I'm gonna need as much power as you can get into the IMPULSE engines so that we can head back for spacedock in one piece. If either of those ships reaches us before I get to the bridge, then we're gonna be toast. Ivanova won't give up. She'll fight to the death, if neccessary."

Scotty stayed behind to squeeze power out of the engines. Jeremy, however, followed Harriman into the turbolift.

"Permission to speak freely, sir." said the young officer, not wanting to break regulations even more than they already were. "Granted." replied his frantic commanding officer.

"Thank you, sir. If we can make it to Babylon 5, we won't have to worry." said Garner, trying to give his captain a glimmer of hope.

"Why is that?" said a curious Harriman.

"Because," Garner continued, "the Battlestar Galactica is in the same orbit as B5. Captain Apollo is in command of her. He knows Adama. If he and Colonel Tigh can convince the good Admiral that Ivanova is insane, although we already know that fact, and that Starbuck was only carrying out orders made by a superior officer, then he might go lightly on us."

"That won't work, Lieutenant." said Harriman, now convinced that they were going to die.

"Why, sir? I see no flaw in my plan."

"There is, though. Galactica is in the middle of a legal battle. It's a three-way battle, really. The Guyver High Counsel insists that more Units be made and that everyone of the rank of Captain or above be given one The Federation, however, doesn't see it that way. They think that, if too many Guyvers are out there, then the Counsel could take over. Which they would, much to my displeasure. Galactica, on the other hand, wants there to be more Guyvers, but they don't want anyone but Captains getting them. So, you see, we can't go to the Galactica for help. We won't go to anyone for help, for that matter. I will convince Adama that Ivanova's insane on my own, order her confined to quarters for the rest of the voyage, have Scotty take over in her place and we continue on as normal."

"That's a good plan, sir." said Garner as the Turbolift doors hissed open and they once again found themselves on the bridge. Ivanova was in the chair, giving the orders to raise the shields and get the weapons online.

"If you carry out that order, Starbuck, I will personally head your Court-Martial!" said a very angry John Harriman. Then, he said, "Ivanova! You are confined to quarters for the remainder of this mission!" Ivanova vacated the chair and entered the Turbolift flanked by five Narn security guards.

"Sir," said Starbuck "the Sovereign is raising their sheilds and powering up weapons The Reliant is doing the same."

"Do not make any sudden moves. Cut down to zero thrust. Wesley, open a channel to both ships, all frequencies. Tell them that we are returning to spacedock without further incident." Harriman said to his communicatinos officer  Wesley Crusher.

"I'm sending, sir, but they either aren't getting the message, or they just don't care."

Starbuck looked at his screen again and said, "Sir, the Sovereign is powering up Phasers. The Reliant has moved behind us and they have all PHASER banks locked onto our aft Photon Torpedo bay. Both ships are......."
 

To Be Continued......
 

Don't ya just love clifhanger endings??
 


 
 
Back to Shadow Guyver 007
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.