Pressing his hands against the processing-tank in front of him, Kenji peered into the fluid inside. The first of his Alvix Zoanoids—Dad or one of the other Zoalords would have called it a prototype, and that’s what all of the doctors were calling it, too – was waiting for him inside the tank. It wasn’t quite ready yet, as it hadn’t even grown fur, and the teeth and claws hadn’t formed.

The doctors had told him that it would be at least ten more hours before his Alvix prototype was ready to leave the processing-tank. Kenji wasn’t really sure that he could wait that long, or that Mr. Fried’rich would be able to keep Dad distracted while the doctors were finishing his Alvix up. Hearing the door to the private lab Mr. Fried’rich had set him up in starting to open, Kenji hurried over to it before the person on the other side could come in. It would be okay if it were just another doctor coming in to help, but he really didn’t want Dad to see his Alvix before it was finished. That would ruin the whole surprise!

"Mr. Fried’rich! What are you doing in here?!" Kenji asked, grabbing hold of his arm and pulling him into the lab. "Dad could have been following you!" Poking his head out into the halls of Cloud Tower, Kenji looked around, just to be sure that Mr. Fried’rich hadn’t accidentally led Dad into the lab.

"I am quite certain that your father has not followed me here, little one," Mr. Fried’rich said, chuckling as he patted Kenji’s head.

Kenji didn’t really see what was so funny. "But he could have been."

"Kenji, my last communication with him indicated that your father is currently inspecting the operations of the research outpost in Antarctica. He will not return here for quite some time, unless he is called back by some emergency," Mr. Fried’rich said, looking serious.

Kenji felt a little silly for getting so worried after Mr. Fried’rich told him that. "Well, okay. What are you doing here, though?"

"I was interested in the development of your new Zoanoid model," Mr. Fried’rich said, patting Kenji’s head in passing as he stepped past him. "This would be it, would it not?"

"Uh-huh," Kenji said, nodding eagerly. He really wanted to find out what Mr. Fried’rich thought about his Alvix. "Do you like it?"

"It is a rather inspired design for one as young as yourself," Mr. Fried’rich said, walking over to the tank and peering inside.

"That means you like it, right?" Kenji asked again.

"Yes, that it does," Mr. Fried’rich said, turning to smile at him.

Kenji smiled back. "I’m glad you like it. I worked real hard."

"Yes," Mr. Fried’rich said, looking at his Alvix where it still floated in the processing-tank. "Your diligence and study in this area is rather self-evident."

Kenji wasn’t really sure what that meant, but it sounded like a compliment. "Thanks!" Kenji said, smiling wider.

"You are quite welcome, little one," Mr. Fried’rich said, patting Kenji’s head again. "I must admit, I look forward to seeing this new model of yours tested in combat. I am going to consult with the scientists now; would you like to stay and listen?"

"No," Kenji shook his head. "That’s boring. I’m going to go get some food now, okay, Mr. Fried’rich?"

"Very well," Mr. Fried’rich said, nodding with a slight smile on his face. "I will send a couple Hyper Zoanoids to keep an eye on you."

"Okay. Bye, Mr. Fried’rich!"

"Goodbye, Kenji. Enjoy your meal."

"I will!" Kenji called back over his shoulder as he left.

 

Once Imakarum’s son had left the laboratory, the two Hyper Zoanoids that had been assigned to him trailing behind, Fried’rich turned to the overseers that he had assigned to work under the boy.

"This ‘Alvix’ model of his is a viable Zoanoid form, is it not?" Fried’rich asked. "I would hate for the child to be disappointed in his first creation."

"I’ve checked over all of his work, just like you asked me to, sir," Dr. Berenson said. "The design is a simple one, almost akin to the Ramochis model in that respect. Though the wolf-base that the… child decided to use is rather more distantly related than the ape-base of the Ramochis model. It will still be an easily reproducible Zoanoid type."

"That is good," Fried’rich said, nodding in satisfaction. It would mean a great deal to Kenji when he found out that his Alvix model was indeed viable and hence could be mass-produced for use in Chronos. Of course, the next step was to select a group of candidates to be processed into this new type of Zoanoid.

The Alvix model would need to be tested, both to determine whether it was a worthwhile addition to the ranks of Chronos’ Standard Zoanoids, as well as just what kind of missions the model would be best suited for. Though, judging by the form that was starting to develop in the processing-tank, Fried’rich was inclined to believe that these new Zoanoids would be suited best for forest and jungle operations.

The Alvix certainly did resemble the Chaltu, Maldu, and Heffex Zoanoid types, types that had been designed to operate in jungles and thickly forested terrain. It would most likely be assigned the same types of missions as those Zoanoids once the model was fully integrated into Chronos’ ranks.

Kenji would want to be notified of this, of course. Contacting the Hyper Zoanoids that he had sent to look after the boy, Fried’rich found that Kenji had finished eating and was just preparing to leave the cafeteria.

-Wait, Noskov. Keep Kenji with you; I wish to speak with him.-

Once Noskov had acknowledged his request and agreed to it, Fried’rich bid his farewell to the Hyper Zoanoid and started making his own way to the cafeteria. Kenji would be wanting to leave now, in spite of the fact that Noskov had asked him to wait. He was still young yet, and so did not understand the value of patience. Imakarum was gone at the moment, so it fell to him to take care of the boy. Kenji would have to learn those values if he was ever to function as an adult, and Fried’rich was going to see that he did, even without Imakarum’s input.

Once he had reached the eating area, he found that Kenji was just leaving. That was odd, since Fried’rich knew that he had in fact assigned Noskov to make certain that the boy would stay and wait for him.

-Noskov? Has something gone wrong? Why are you not at Kenji’s table? And why is he leaving?-

I apologize, Your Excellency. When the kid told me that he was bored and wanted to leave, I… I just couldn’t help myself.

-You let him go.-

I’m sorry, sir.

-I suppose it is understandable, given the circumstances,- Fried’rich said calmly.

Kenji was, after all, a Zoalord himself. It would make sense that he could command Zoanoids, even if it was only on a subconscious level. When a Zoalord stated his desire to leave so plainly, even one of the more advanced Zoanoids like a Hyper would not be able to resist him, and Kenji, for all his youth and inexperience with his powers, was still a Zoalord.

Fried’rich strode calmly through the ranks of seated Zoanoids, following the psychic trail of Chronos’ youngest Zoalord. Once he had caught sight of Kenji’s retreating back, Fried’rich called out to him.

-Kenji, wait a moment.-

-Mr. Fried’rich?- Kenji asked, turning to look back at him. "What are you doing here? Did you want to talk to me?"

"Yes, Kenji, I did," Fried’rich said, laying a hand on the boy’s shoulder. "It’s about your Zoanoid model."

"My Alvix?" he asked, looking mildly distraught. "What about it? Did something happen? Has- has something gone wrong? My Alvix didn’t turn into a Lost Number, did it?"

"Calm down, child," Fried’rich said, gently placing his hand over Kenji’s mouth to silence him and stop him from worrying so much. Kenji blinked in mute surprise at the action. "Nothing has happened to your Zoanoid. I came to inform you that your Alvix is ready to go into mass production. The candidate selection is to begin in one week, once the modifications have been finished. I am certain that your father will be pleased with your efforts."

His piece said, Fried’rich removed his hand from Kenji’s mouth to see what the young Zoalord would say to that, if he said anything at all.

"You mean my Alvix is really going to be one of the Zoanoids that they use around here?" Kenji asked, having evidently forgotten all about his earlier worry. Such was the way of children.

"Yes," Fried’rich said, nodding to put the young one at ease. "It will. After all of the testing has been completed, your Alvix will join the ranks of the Ramochis, Gregole, and Chaltu model Zoanoids."

"That’s great!" Kenji exclaimed happily, impulsively embracing Fried’rich. "Dad’s going to be so happy when he finds out! But you won’t tell him yet, will you, Mr. Fried’rich?"

"Of course not," Fried’rich said. "You seemed to be interested in going somewhere before we spoke, Kenji. Where was it?"

"Oh," Kenji blinked, looking mildly confused for a moment. "I was just going back to Dad’s room to lie down. I always do that after I eat."

"I suppose that makes a fair amount of sense. Would you like me to wake you when your Alvix has completed processing?"

"Would you really do that for me, Mr. Fried’rich?"

"I would," Fried’rich said calmly.

"Thanks!" the young Zoalord exclaimed, briefly embracing him again. "I’m gonna go lay down now, Mr. Fried’rich."

As Kenji made for his father’s room, Fried’rich wondered when Imakarum would return to Cloud Tower and just how long Kenji would want to keep his accomplishments secret from him. Kenji was always eager to have his father’s approval; he just wondered how the boy would manage to balance that desire with his expressed wish to keep his Zoanoid model a secret from Imakarum until it had been finalized.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.