Dr. Balkus, staring at the mysterious cocoon that had somehow absorbed the Fifth Guyver, fumed silently. He could now sense two minds within the solid shell of the cocoon that had been discovered at the remains of Mt. Minakami. Seeing the Fifth Guyver disappear into that cocoon had been strange, even for one such as he, who had seen so much, but the fact that the cocoon had resisted all of their attempts to open it in order to extract the Fifth Guyver made it an even more extreme annoyance.

His underlings had not been at all pleased with those developments, either. Yet, in the manner of the Relic from which it had presumably originated, the cocoon steadily resisted all of Chronos’ attempts to breach its outer hull. There had even been some who had suggested dealing with the cocoon in the same manner that they had dealt with the Relic. While it was an option to have Zoanoids try and open the cocoon, Dr. Balkus did not want to risk damaging the Fifth Guyver and anything else that might have been inside.

When the cocoon started pulsing, resembling a human heartbeat more than anything else, the doctor’s first reaction was surprise. The bright bursts of light grew more intense with each pulse, and he had to squint his eyes and close his pupils to keep himself from being at the very least temporarily blinded. When the last and brightest flash of light had cleared, Dr. Balkus fully re-opened his eyes and pupils without a second’s hesitation.

What he saw once he had did not please him at all: the Relic cocoon had vanished. Stepping into the space on the floor that the Relic cocoon had occupied only scant seconds before, Dr. Balkus sensed a great deal of residual energy. There was, of course, no real way to trace that energy to wherever it had come from or gone to, and as much as he was loath to have to do it, he knew that he would have to wait for confirmation from another group of Zoanoids before he could know where to look for the Relic cocoon.

It was not a situation that he liked at all.

XxXxX

The first thing that Ryan’s waking mind became aware of was the warmth, and then the feel of some slimy, quasi-liquid pressing in all around him, covering him from head to toe, and a few other places in between that Ryan really wasn’t too eager to think about. Snapping back into full awareness about a minute after he’d made that little realization, Ryan began to thrash around in the slime.

Whatever it was that he was stuck inside of was pitch black, and at the moment all that Ryan could think of was how much he wanted the hell out of there. His flailing fingers caught on a ridge, and the action was unexpected enough that Ryan stopped thrashing and started to feel along the seam. It really did feel big enough to stick his fingers in. There was also a chance that he would be able to open it, if he could just get a good hold on that edge.

Working the fingers of both hands into the seam, Ryan started to try and pry open the thing that was holding him prisoner. Growling and just managing to keep himself from swearing at the uncooperative Whatsis, Ryan started putting more force into his arms. Ryan knew that he basically had no leverage, since he was currently lying on his side with no way at all to stand up, but Ryan was determined to get out of this dark and slimy thing even if it took him all day.

Finally, after who knew how long, Ryan started to see some kind of light shining in through a crack that he had managed to open. He didn’t know just what kind of light it was—daylight or something else —but at the moment Ryan was too glad not to be confined completely to the pitch black sliminess that he’d woken up in to care much about the quality of the light. Time would tell if Ryan would have any cause to regret that.

Pushing outward with all of his strength again, having taken a rest to catch his breath after seeing the crack of light, Ryan took no notice of the soft pulsing in the region of his shoulder blades. He did notice it when the thing he was struggling to open suddenly started opening much more easily, though. When he had opened the thing holding him by about six inches, Ryan noticed that there was a thin, filmy membrane further separating him from the outside world.

Without a second of hesitation, Ryan tore through the membrane with his fingernails. Turning around in the slime that still clung to his body, Ryan twisted his legs until they were directly underneath his body, grabbed the open part of the slimy, coffin-like thing, and heaved. The thing came open much more easily. Pulling his legs out of the slime, which he noticed was still warm when it was inside the container-thing, Ryan braced his feet against the edge and pushed.

Once it had opened as far as Ryan was sure it was going to, he noticed the other guy who was lying in the slime. He was mostly covered by another part of the container-thing that was still closed, and he was also still stuck under the membrane. Huffing in slight annoyance, Ryan pulled open the membrane and grabbed the guy’s arms and started pulling.

The slime, though it was nice and warm, was also thick and nasty. It clung to everything, making it incredibly had for Ryan to even move. Growling, Ryan stuck his feet back into the slime and stood up, then leaned back, pulling the other guy along with him as he moved. Ryan managed to budge him about an inch.

Rolling his eyes and muttering various curse words—some of them in Spanish—Ryan turned around, still wading hip-deep in the slime, grabbed the other guy’s arms again, and started pulling again. Now that his feet were better able to push against the bottom of the container-thing, Ryan found that it was easier to move the other guy.

With a particularly unpleasant half-sucking, half-popping sound, the guy Ryan had been trying to pull out of the slime came free, rather more violently than Ryan himself had been counting on. Rubbing his stomach where it had slammed into the closed part of the container-thing, Ryan swore softly.

"I really hope you’re worth me getting bruises on my internal organs, guy," Ryan grumbled, sighing in annoyance.

Slogging back through the thick slime, Ryan hoisted the other guy up on his back and started for the edge of the container-thing again, dragging the other guy over to the side of the greenish thing and trying to ignore the squelching noises. Ryan unwrapped his right arm from around the black-haired boy, grabbed him under both arms with little regard for any discomfort the other might have been experiencing, and hauled them both up to stand on the top of the greenish container-thing.

Once he had managed to get them both all the way out of the slime, Ryan took a chance to look around. What he saw surprised him, even after all the weird things he’d been exposed to.

"Hey, I remember this place," Ryan muttered, looking around at the huge towers of rock. "This is the Garden of the Gods. How did I end up all the way out here? Last thing I remember, I was in a hospital somewhere. I don’t suppose you’d know anything about that," Ryan said, then he chuckled.

Here he was, trying to get answers from an unconscious guy. I must be nuts, Ryan mused. Then, shaking his head in weary amusement, Ryan stepped down out of the greenish container-thing and stood on solid ground again. He didn’t know just how far he had gone since being knocked out in the hospital in Colorado; he didn’t know that he had been transported halfway around the world in the absence of his consciousness. All that Ryan knew was that he was currently standing in the Garden of the Gods without a single thing on and with some guy he didn’t even know hanging on his back.

"Well, fuck," Ryan muttered, wondering just how he was going to get home with the shape he was in.

That was when fortune, this time in the form of Sho Fukamachi, decided to deal him a better hand.

XxXxX

 Sho, slowly struggling back to consciousness after being asleep for he didn’t know how long, opened his eyes and found himself staring at a bright red blur. As his vision slowly cleared, Sho realized that the blur was in fact the back of someone’s head. Since Sho didn’t have any friends with bright red hair, he was instinctively wary of this new person. However, in direct contrast to this feeling of wariness, there was the slight inclination to trust this new person.

In the end, Sho didn’t know what to think.

Then, as his vision cleared a bit further, Sho finally noticed that the person he had been staring at had the boost-stimulus tissue that all Guyvers had on their backs. Sho was dumbfounded—he had thought that there were only three Guyvers anywhere on Earth. That was what Lisker had told him, and then Agito and Professor Odagiri had confirmed that. There was just no way that this new person could be a Guyver.

And yet, that was just what all of his senses seemed to be telling him. Sho was completely confused, but then he decided to try and communicate with this new Guyver. Sho only hoped that he wasn’t anything like Lisker. Sho didn’t want to try and fight another Guyver, even with all that he had learned about their powers as such.

+Hello?+

Sho heard the other Guyver’s surprised yelp and quickly wrapped his arms around the unknown boy’s waist to keep himself from hitting the ground face-first. That was when he noticed the strange, organic-looking cocoon sitting on the ground beneath them. Sho could see that the red-haired boy was still standing in the fluid that was inside the cocoon, though now he could also see that the boy was completely naked.

Sho looked down at himself, finally noticing that he was, too. The Guyver with red hair asked something then, or at least that was the impression that Sho got judging from the slight lilt at the end of his sentence. When he turned around, Sho let go of his waist and sat down in the fluid. The boy with the red hair turned to look at him, and it was only then that Sho noticed his green eyes.

He asked something else in that unfamiliar language, which Sho was now starting to recognize as English. True, he’d had to study English in school, but that had been a long time ago, and Sho had forgotten a lot of the lessons. Not that they would have been of that much help, though, since the school hadn’t really been teaching conversational English.

"I’m sorry, but I don’t understand anything you’re saying," Sho said, craning his neck to look up at the English-speaking redhead.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.