Dr. Balkus, checking once again to be certain that he possessed the required tools, restraints, and chemicals to facilitate the examination and eventual reconditioning of the Fifth Guyver, cast his telepathic powers out to monitor the progress of the three Hyper Zoanoids that had retrieved him. The Fifth Guyver would be in his hands momentarily.

XxXxX

Sean had gone to the gym, pleading boredom and citing the fact that Cori would still be in the meeting to take notes for him on the new, stronger breeds of Zoanoid that the ACTF had been facing lately. Sean knew that it was important for them to keep up on the developments at Chronos, and that the only way he and the other members of the "Monster Squad" could do that was to listen to the reports given by the Espionage Division, but that didn’t stop the meetings from being boring.

And then there was the matter of that strange feeling that had came over him for a minute—the feeling that something had just happened, like someone far away had called to him or something. Now that he’d had a chance to clear his head, he thought he’d just been under a little too much stress, since there was no other reason for him to be hearing things the way he had been.

As he worked himself up to a decent sweat, Sean though back to that Zoanoid that he’d tangled with about two and a half months ago. The thing had bragged about being a hyper and had come closer than any Zoanoid – even Crane as a Guyver-Zoanoid – had to killing him. The Zoanoid had called itself Panadyne and had been armed with some kind of liquid that shot out from huge, twisted nozzles that stuck out of both of its shoulders—liquids that would explode instantly once they mixed—not to mention the two long, bony whips that grew out of Panadyne’s back. Sean still remembered the sight of Sergeant Betty Lindson, one of the old hands of the Armored Division, with the front of her armor blown open and the spiked tip of Panadyne’s bony whip sticking out of her throat.

Up till that day, Sean had never actually seen someone get killed by a Zoanoid. He’d seen someone die after becoming a Zoanoid, but that had been a long time ago, and he didn’t really remember much about that. Even the soldiers who fought for the ACTF hadn’t had all that much trouble with the Zoanoids they’d fought up till then. Of course if Panadyne had been telling the truth, that was because they’d never had to face Hyper Zoanoids before.

Sean was hoping that Panadyne was just bragging, but the fact that the ACTF had started taking more losses lately seemed to argue that he wasn’t doing any such thing. Sean shuddered, remembering the red and blue Zoanoids who’d attacked them only two weeks ago—the ones who’d used those sound attacks. Two more people had been killed then: Sergeant Tara Weston and Lieutenant Arnold Berenson of the Mobile Division.

Sean hadn’t known them very well, but he’d still mourned their loss at the funeral.

Now, with the Tech Division working on a new, upgraded version of their powered armor known as the Beta, Sean was hoping that the new designs would be tough enough to stand up to Chronos’ Hyper Zoanoids.

XxXxX

Ryan, still groggy from the shot back in the doctor’s office, slowly rolled over and opened his eyes. The room looked like a basic doctor’s office, but Ryan wasn’t really lucid enough to tell what was what just then. When the door opened and someone walked in, Ryan struggled to sit up and see who it was, and the orderly, or whoever the frack it was coming into his room, obviously saw what he was trying to do.

"Not sleeping in anymore, I see. How are you feeling?" the man asked, as he hurried over to Ryan’s bed and put his hand on the boy’s forehead.

"Luggshi," Ryan mumbled, meaning ‘like shit’.

"I’ll take that as ‘not very good’," the male attendant said, walking up to the bed where Ryan lay and shining a penlight into his eyes. "Well, your reactions to light are fine," he observed, then snapped his fingers next to Ryan’s right ear a few times. Annoyed, Ryan swatted at him. "Well, I think I can safely say that your hearing hasn’t been affected," the nursing attendant said, smiling calmly.

"I really hate you," Ryan muttered, still not quite coherent.

"That’s what all ornery patients say," the nursing attendant said, laughing. "I guess I’d better go tell Balkus that you’re starting to come around. I guess I’ll also have to tell him that there haven’t been any adverse affects. I’m sure he’ll be happy to hear that."

"Bastard," Ryan muttered at the nurse’s retreating back as he slumped back into the bed and proceeded to fall asleep.

XxXxX

Felinos’ long ears twitched, just managing to catch the sound of soft footsteps coming up behind him. He was just starting to turn his head when something was jammed into his mouth.

"Don’t worry; this won’t take a minute," a harsh, mildly psychotic-sounding male voice whispered in his twitching ear.

Felinos could feel the hand—he knew it was a hand from the fingers sticking down his throat—starting to melt into the roof of his mouth. As the burning pain started to radiate down his throat, Felinos noticed that he was starting to lose control of his physical functions: his tail fell limp against the sidewalk, the bone blade clattering against the concrete.

"This genetic pattern, hmm… I think I’ve seen it somewh- What the hell?!"

The hand was ripped—actually ripped, owing to the fact that it had partially fused to the roof of his mouth—out, and Felinos fell to his hands and knees. Gagging and coughing and occasionally spitting out a lump of dislodged flesh and blood, Felinos turned one baleful yellow eye to look at the jerk who had tried to kill him.

"So, you’re a Lost Unit like me, right? What are you doing all the way out here? I didn’t think Chronos sent our type out on any real missions."

"Don’t know what you’re talking about," Felinos gagged out, still not quite up to taking full breaths. "I’m not with Chronos."

"Well, I guess that explains why you’re all the way out here," the man with the large facial scar said, flicking his black sunglasses so they flashed in the light. "Still, why did you come all the way out here? What’s so special about this place?"

Felinos didn’t answer, instead turning his head back to look at the house where they – his once and future comrades, the ones who didn’t even know he was protecting them yet – were all staying. He knew that Toshiaki, in human form, was also standing guard somewhere just out of his line of sight.

"You still didn’t answer my question, long ears," the scarred man said, grabbing Felinos’ left ear and jerking it down hard enough that Felinos’ head went with it. "What are you doing here?"

"What’s it to you?"

"There are some people in that house that I’ve got an interest in," the scarred man said, gently caressing Felinos’ jaw with his fingertips. "Now, you’re a fellow Lost Unit, and you said you’re not with Chronos, so I figure I can trust you. But if you’ve come here to cause any trouble for the people in that house…" Here the scarred man’s voice became a purr as he slipped his hand around Felinos’ throat and squeezed slightly. "I’ll make sure you regret it for a very long time."

 


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.