The child-Zoalord had been very eager to learn about the inner workings of Chronos, and Edward had found him to be at least reasonably intelligent considering his age. Still, the boy was rather more excitable than Edward would have preferred. Currently, the child-Zoalord was attached to his left arm in the manner of a limpet, which was slightly annoying. However, the fact that they had almost reached the room that Lord Imakarum had claimed for himself did give Edward some hope that he could be free of his present encumbrance.

-Lord Edward? So you were the one who took Kenji out of our room. What were you doing with him?-

-I was merely taking him on a tour of this facility. The boy seemed rather interested in the inner workings of the Processing Division. I suspect he will be useful for designing Zoanoid models, if nothing else.-

Lord Imakarum nodded, striding forward to meet Edward and his companion.

"Well, did you like spending time with Lord Edward, Kenji?"

"Yeah I did, Dad. He’s nice; I like him," the child-Zoalord said happily, finally releasing Edward’s arm.

Scampering over to Lord Imakarum, which Edward personally thought was rather undignified, Ingriam embraced his father tightly. Edward watched as Lord Imakarum stroked the child-Zoalord’s back and petted his hair, then turned away, not interested at all in the interaction between the child-Zoalord and his father. Without looking back, Edward left.

XxXxX

Imakarum stroked Kenji’s hair a last time, then pulled back to softly kiss his son’s forehead. Lord Alkanphel had been informed of the results of Chronos’ first substantive attack on the Anti Chronos Task Force and the Fourth Guyver and had been rather amused that there was a Guyver who could not easily stand against a Hyper Zoanoid. Surprising, yet pleasing at the same time.

Imakarum, as he walked Kenji back to their room, shared this amused pleasure: it would make disposing of this new Guyver that much easier. Imakarum, however, had not been expecting anything better of the Fourth Guyver after learning that he had merely fought Lost Numbers. The useless dregs of Chronos could not ever be expected to give any Guyver a real fight.

"Dad, I don’t want to go back to our room. I’m bored—can we go play?"

"Of course we can, Kenji. What do you want to do?" Imakarum asked, stopping and turning to look at Kenji.

"Could we maybe go outside and play hide-and-seek? We haven’t done that in a while," Kenji said, sounding hopeful as he hugged Imakarum’s arm.

Imakarum considered his son’s request: there was nothing inherently dangerous about allowing Kenji to leave Cloud Tower. Certainly the Fourth Guyver would not be of any consequence so far from his territory. Finally deciding that there was no real reason for him to fear for Kenji’s safety, Imakarum made his choice.

"All right, Kenji-chan—I don’t see why not. Let’s go."

Kenji laughed happily, tugging on Imakarum’s arm as the two of them began to make their way out of Cloud Tower. "Can we go to the woods? It’s always more fun to play in the woods."

Kenji was practically skipping by now, almost casually dragging Imakarum along, and his father let him. Kenji hadn’t been this happy… this free since he was four years old. It was as if his son had somehow managed to forget all of the bad things that had happened to him over the course of his life, and Imakarum found himself marveling at Kenji’s resilience once again. Nothing ever seemed to keep his son down for very long.

"Slow down, Kenji. There’s an easier way to get where we want to go." Imakarum wrapped his arms around Kenji’s waist and teleported them both to a forest.

Since he’d had no real, concrete destination in mind when he’d teleported, Imakarum had ended up at the very place where Kenji’s transformation into the youngest of Chronos’ Zoalords had been instigated, the place where that traitor Reholt Gyou had found him all those months ago. With a quick glance at the remains of the tent where Kenji had stayed for so long, Imakarum swept his son up into his arms and left that region of the forest.

Kenji yelped as Imakarum picked him up, and then once again as Imakarum sped off into the forest. Imakarum had his shield up, since at the speed he was running the wind shear might have injured his son. Imakarum wanted to avoid that, and he also hoped to avoid reminding Kenji of those sad times when he had left him alone in that tent. It was the one thing that Imakarum no longer hated the former Zoalord Gyou for.

The only thing.

Kenji would probably have died if not for the interference of the former Zoalord—even Imakarum’s hatred of the one that he had replaced could not make him deny that truth—but Kenji’s lonely isolation in that tent had ended a long time ago. The last thing that Imakarum wanted to do was remind him of it.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.