The mountainous, snow-covered terrain stared back at him as Agito Makashima attempted to regain his bearings. He had no real idea how long he had been… indisposed, trapped inside the cocoon that now sat placidly behind him, standing even taller than he did at his full height, even if only just. The reaction from his Guyver’s hyper-sensors pulled Agito from pondering what to do with it.

The one that Fukamachi was doubtless still inside.

Hiding himself with speed born of long experience and aided by the Guyver, Agito decided to wait and see just who had found him and Fukamachi in this isolated place.

"I still can’t believe we were getting readings from this abandoned snow-hole," a voice, obviously male and annoyed, piped up.

"At least you have that nice, shaggy fur coat. It’s not like the cold’s gonna get to you under all that."

"S’not my fault the docs figured you were best suited to be a giant lizard."

Just then, the speakers came into view, and Agito had to bite back an urge to start cursing in several different languages. The foremost figure resembled nothing more than a humanoid snow leopard, even down to the long, twitching tail that hung poised just a few inches off of the ground and helped to balance the creature when it was running at high speeds. A white Chaltu—a Zoanoid.

Walking up beside him was a Gregole, the most common type of Zoanoid in the Japan Section, and it did indeed resemble a large, humanoid reptile of indeterminate species. Once the Zoanoids—there were four of them—had surrounded the cocoon, Agito had a moment to wonder just how one of the brown Chaltu had managed to produce an actual whistle with the mouthful of flesh-ripping teeth that all of its kind were equipped with.

"All right, enough gawking," the white Chaltu—evidently the leader of their group—said. "Dr. Balkus says he wants this for study, and we all know that what Dr. Balkus wants, Dr. Balkus gets."

The other three Zoanoids nodded quickly, and the four of them crouched and lifted the cocoon up to their shoulders.

"What the hell? How many cinderblocks are in this thing?" the Gregole demanded, sounding more annoyed.

"Wuss," one of the brown Chaltu said. "Thing’s not that heavy."

The Gregole’s only response was a stream of incoherent grumbling, and Agito, waiting until the Zoanoids had passed out of earshot, moved away from the large boulder that he had been hiding behind. It would be somewhat troublesome for him to uncover the secrets of that cocoon now that Chronos had managed to lay its hands on it, which was all very aggravating, but the fact remained that those Zoanoids could have very easily called for help.

And Agito had not been in the mood for a confrontation.

There were other, more important things that took precedence in the Dark Guyver’s mind. It would still be possible for someone like him to recover the cocoon from Chronos, even more so than normal, considering the forces he had been gathering. Turning away from the empty area where the cocoon had once stood, Agito activated his gravity controller and flew stealthily away from the frozen mountains.

XxXxX

Perched on top of a fairly high wall, the figure crouching in the shadows sniffed the air for signs of his enemies. His long ears twitched, catching the sound of large creatures coming his way, and their scents confirmed that they were his enemies. Growling, he leapt down from the wall and landed with a silence that belied his size.

The first of his opponents, a Gregole, didn’t even see him coming, but the Gregole’s death alerted the other Zoanoids to his presence, and he knew the battle was about to get harder. Sinking his fangs into a Ramochis’ head, he used his whiplike, bladed tail to slice the throat of another Gregole. The three Zoanoids that he had killed dissolved quickly, leaving their three comrades to face him.

"The hell?! You’re a—" A hand through the Gregole’s throat shut him up.

The two remaining Zoanoids made a brief attempt to escape, but he caught them quickly. Crushing both their skulls in his fists, he lifted his long muzzle and sniffed the air again, hoping that he wouldn’t have to fight any more Zoanoids. This had been a good enough test of his abilities, and there were more important things he had to do back home.

He almost laughed at himself then, thinking of that place as his home. Still, it was the only really place he could stay, especially now, and the fact remained that he had someone waiting for him there. Without looking back at the remains of the Zoanoids he’d fought, he leapt lightly back up onto the wall and disappeared into the darkness.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.