As he stood over the sleeping form of the youngest Zoalord in the history of Chronos, Edward Caerleon could not help but puzzle over the events that had led to the boy’s becoming a member of their illustrious organization. Imakarum had not informed the rest of the Divine Twelve about the boy’s origins, and even Lord Alkanphel’s information had left something to be desired, and so Edward saw only one other way to obtain the information that he was interested in. Laying his hand on the child-Zoalord’s right temple, Edward focused his mind.

As he had been expecting, the young one offered no resistance to his mental probing. For that matter, the child-Zoalord did not seem to notice his presence at all. Looking through the memories provided Edward with useful insight into the boy’s thought processes: Ingriam Mirabilis would remain loyal to Chronos and the Divine Twelve for as long as Imakarum remained so.

The child-Zoalord was more loyal to his father than to any of the Overlords or to Chronos itself, which was to be expected, considering that Imakarum—or rather, Masaki Murakami had been the only true constant in the child’s life. However, perhaps there was a way to secure the child-Zoalord’s loyalty to the Divine Twelve. It would certainly prove useful in the event that Imakarum were to try to return to his ways as a rebel.

It was a possibility that had to be taken seriously, however much Edward disliked it. Still, if he could manage to secure the child-Zoalord’s loyalty to Chronos and the Divine Twelve, then Imakarum’s loyalty would be assured as well. With that thought in mind, Edward mentally awakened the child-Zoalord called Ingriam Mirabilis, and as he began to open his eyes, Edward offered the boy his hand.

"Would you be interested in a more in-depth exploration of your father’s workplace, little one?" Edward asked, mentally nudging the child-Zoalord.

"Sure!"

The little one seemed only too eager to accompany him, and Edward noted this—it would make dealing with him all the more simple. As Ingriam made ready to leave his room, pulling on the pair of shoes and socks that Lord Alkanphel had doubtless provided for him, Edward turned slightly to allow the child-Zoalord a modicum of privacy.

"I’m ready—let’s go," the child-Zoalord chirped happily.

Edward turned back, nodding and taking the child-Zoalord’s hand as it was offered to him. It was time to begin.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.