Imakarum, after his encounter with Lord Edward in the hall, had decided that he could not put off the inevitable any longer. Kenji would have to be fully inducted into Chronos. It could, at least, be put off until tomorrow. But not any later than that.

It was not merely a matter of wanting to share his son’s company, though Imakarum did admit to himself that that was a large part of his reasoning, it was the fact that the only other option was to put Kenji into a state of hibernation. Either that, or to… but Imakarum would have never allowed himself to even consider that option. Kenji would join Chronos, Imakarum would convince him, and then the two of them could be a family again.

Settling Kenji comfortably back into his bed, Imakarum disrobed again and climbed back into bed himself, laying on his side facing Kenji. Imakarum knew that he would have to stay more alert this time, since Kenji had obviously fallen back on his old habits, or at least one of them. Burying his fingers in Kenji’s long hair, Imakarum gently rubbed his son’s scalp. Kenji had always enjoyed it when he did that.

Once he felt Kenji relax more fully, Imakarum put his other hand behind his son’s head and gently pushed until Kenji’s forehead rested lightly against his collarbone. Tucking his right arm under his pillow, Imakarum wrapped his left around Kenji’s back. The soft sounds of Kenji’s heartbeat and breathing were enough to lull him back to sleep.

 

When Imakarum woke up the next morning, he found that Kenji had burrowed deeper into his embrace while they had slept. Kenji’s left cheek was now pressed against his chest, and Imakarum could feel his son’s ankles brushing against his toes. Giving Kenji’s head a few gentle pats, Imakarum pulled away from him, slowly so as not to wake Kenji too soon. There were things that had to be taken care of for Lord Alkanphel before he could take care of Kenji.

Most importantly their plans for dealing with the Los Angeles branch.

Imakarum dressed quickly, plucking his visor off his nightstand and settling it back over his eyes. Leaving the room so that Kenji wouldn’t be disturbed by the action, Imakarum teleported out. Lord Alkanphel was waiting for him in the Celestial Hall, their meeting place of the previous day, and somewhat to Imakarum’s surprise the other Overlords were there as well.

"Imakarum has something to report," Lord Alkanphel said, by way of introduction. "Something that concerns all of us."

All eyes in the room turned to regard him, and Imakarum put all of his distracting thoughts out of his mind. He needed to think about Chronos’ best interests now; what could be done to best protect the organization that they were all a part of.

"I have discovered evidence of a traitor within our organization, most likely the direct overseer for Chronos Los Angeles," Imakarum stated flatly.

The effect was instantaneous, though not as pronounced as it would have been if the Twelve Overlords had still been merely humans. Once the muttering had died down, Lord Shin spoke.

"How is this possible?"

"The predominant breeds of Zoanoid at the Los Angeles branch are Lost Units," Imakarum informed his fellow Lords. "This is why our lord Alkanphel was unable to contact them. As well, it is the only reason that this traitor to our glorious cause has gone undiscovered for so long."

"This is all very disconcerting, my brothers," Lord Luggnagg said. "Perhaps too disconcerting, in fact. How can we be sure that there is not simply a communications breakdown at the Los Angeles branch that has not been resolved as yet?"

"I had thought of that at first myself," Imakarum admitted. "Then Lord Alkanphel informed me that he was unable even to make contact with the Zoanoids in that area. All of you know, of course, that the only breed of Zoanoid that has that particular defect is a Lost Number."

"We know this, Lord Imakarum," Lord Fried’rich stated. "I suppose that Luggnagg was merely surprised that any of our own would betray the organization that we have all worked with such diligence to create."

Imakarum nodded wordlessly. "In any case, I have made several copies of the status reports and breeding manifests from Chronos Los Angeles, in the event that any of you would prefer to recheck my findings."

Four of the Twelve Overlords; Lords Luggnagg, Edward, Shin and Hamilcal, decided that they wanted to review the reports. Imakarum walked over to each of them and handed over the copies he had made of the reports from Chronos Los Angeles. Having a perfectly clear recollection of what those reports contained, Imakarum simply waited for the other Lords to finish their reading.

-Masaki, you seem to be rather preoccupied with something.-

-Lord Alkanphel,- Imakarum acknowledged, knowing his master by his distinctive telepathic presence, as well as the fact that no one else would have referred to him by his human name. -I suppose that my mind is currently focused more on another matter, yes. I do apologize, my Lord, if I distracted you.-

-Not at all, Masaki. I was wondering how Kenji was doing at the moment myself. Your son is a most interesting person, Masaki.-

-Thank you, my Lord.-


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.