Imakarum sat back in his chair, contemplating the new information that he had gleaned from the datafiles on the Anti Chronos Task Force. And on the Fourth Guyver in particular. It was interesting to note that the Fourth Guyver had managed to best a Guyver-enhanced Zoanoid. But then, that particular Zoanoid had been a Lost Unit, and hence weaker and more unreliable than even a Standard Zoanoid.

In fact, now that he had had time to consider the situation more carefully, Imakarum wondered if every Zoanoid that had been created at the Los Angeles branch had been a Lost Number. It would certainly go a long way toward explaining their appalling lack of success when it had come time to deal with the Guyver that had been discovered in their own territory. And it would also explain why all of Lord Alkanphel’s attempts to contact the Los Angeles branch had not been at all successful.

Of course, it was somewhat worrisome that any branch of Chronos would begin developing Lost Numbers with a distinct purpose. The people of Los Angeles had been screened sometime earlier for compatibility with the Zoaformation process. There were indeed enough genetically compatible humans in that area to give the Los Angeles branch of Chronos a steady supply of strong Standard Zoanoids.

There were even a fair amount of humans that would have been ideal candidates for processing into Hyper Zoanoids. That brought up the question of why the Los Angeles branch had not developed any Hyper Zoanoids at all. Imakarum considered this problem, and the troubling questions that it brought up. It was not possible that the overseer for the Los Angeles branch could be so incompetent by mere chance.

As much as Imakarum detested the concept, he had to consider the possibility that the situation had been caused by deliberate sabotage from within the organization. Imakarum knew that there would have to be an investigation, and most likely a purge, since sabotage of this magnitude was not something that could be ignored or forgiven. The one who had started this, whoever they were, would not survive once Chronos found them.

Imakarum was sure of that.

A soft sound, coming from the direction of his bed, distracted Imakarum from his thoughts. Looking over at the bed, Imakarum gently probed his son’s mind. He found that Kenji was thirsty, though by no means was his son ready to awaken. Imakarum was reassured by that at least, since he wasn’t quite sure just how he was going to explain to Kenji what had happened to him.

What Kenji was now, and what his life would be like from this day forward, were not matters that could be taken lightly. Nor was Imakarum going to make the mistake of doing so. He knew Kenji at least well enough to know that nothing short of a full explanation was going to satisfy his son. Kenji deserved at least that much consideration. Rising from his chair, Imakarum strode across the room to stand at his bedside.

Looking down at Kenji for a moment, Imakarum found that his son’s hair was matted. The blankets were also disturbed, twisted around Kenji’s lithe body in such a way that Imakarum knew Kenji had gotten restless. He was settled now, and thankfully had not woken up, but as Imakarum picked up a bottle of water and removed the cap, he wondered just when he would have to speak with Kenji about the changes that they had both gone through.

Imakarum knew that he would have to convince Kenji to support Chronos, preferably completely, before he could risk letting his son out of his room. Otherwise, one of the other Zoalords might take it upon themselves to ‘convince’ him. Imakarum hated the thought of anyone, even Lord Alkanphel, tampering with Kenji’s mind. Aside from that, some of the other Zoalords were not as… gentle with their telepathic abilities as Lord Alkanphel or himself.

Placing the open bottle against his son’s lips, Imakarum gently nudged Kenji’s jaw open. Pouring the water – something that Lord Hamilcal had prepared – into Kenji’s mouth, Imakarum watched as his son instinctively swallowed the liquid that he was being offered to him. The liquid was not water, at least not in the strictest sense of the word. It was purified for one thing, and for another it had been laced with a potent combination of nutrients and sedatives.

Lord Hamilcal had prepared it on Imakarum’s own request. It would keep Kenji well nourished, while at the same time keeping his son safely asleep for whatever length of time that Imakarum decided was best. It was a good plan, and Imakarum had been certain that he had made Lord Hamilcal aware of how grateful he was. Pouring the last of the water into Kenji’s mouth, Imakarum set his now completely asleep son back on his bed.

Looking at the state of Kenji’s hair, though, Imakarum was convinced to do one last thing for his son before he left Kenji to sleep. Quickly teleporting out and retrieving a hairbrush, Imakarum gently slid his hand underneath Kenji’s back and moved his son into a sitting position. Settling Kenji’s forehead into the crook of his neck, Imakarum smoothed his son’s hair back and then began the laborious process of detangling Kenji’s long hair.

After working at the task for thirteen minutes, Imakarum settled Kenji back into bed and put Kaji in his son’s arms. Pulling the blankets up to Kenji’s neck, Imakarum brushed a gentle kiss against his son’s upturned temple. There would be time enough to fully induct Kenji into Chronos’ ranks later, right now Imakarum had more pressing concerns. The matter of the Los Angeles branch would have to be addressed soon.

Hunting down both the traitor within their own ranks, as well as dealing with the Anti Chronos Task Force, were matters that required his complete focus. It was best that Kenji remain safely out of the way for the duration. Teleporting to Lord Alkanphel’s side, Imakarum began to report his findings to his master. Understandably, Lord Alkanphel was not pleased with these new developments.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.