Sean Barker, leaning back in his chair and digesting his latest meal, smiled. Atkins had requested a trial by combat for the five Alpha Battlesuits that had been completed. This time Sean had ended up losing his entire right hand. He was glad however, not about the hand itself, but about the fact that the designs had been realized so well. If the Alphas could keep up with a Guyver like him, then they would have a much better chance against the Zoanoids that they were intended to fight.

"So, how’s my knight in shining armor doing?" Cori asked, rubbing his shoulders as she came up behind him.

"Well, I have all my limbs in place again," Sean said, turning his head and grinning at her. "And I have food in my stomach again. And I have you," here he paused to kiss Cori. "And nothing more than a combat drill has happened today. So, all in all, I think I feel pretty damn good."

That, of course, was when the proximity alarms all went off at once.

"What’s going on out there?" Cori wondered aloud.

"It’s probably just another combat drill for the Alpha group," Sean said, leaning back in his chair as Cori ran her fingers through his hair.

When the word Zoanoid came over the loudspeakers, though, Sean was instantly on his feet. The announcement was repeated for the benefit or the few people who hadn’t caught it the first time, but by the time it was half done Sean was already moving. The corridors of the ACTF’s main compound were filled with soldiers, all moving with grim purpose. Each of them knew their job and was prepared to carry it out.

As well, each of them knew what a Zoanoid attack entailed. The ones who had not been in direct combat with a Zoanoid before had been thoroughly briefed by Atkins and Sean. Now, as he ran with them to their inevitable destination, Sean mentally geared himself up for what he was going to be facing. Zoanoids were strong, and they were uniformly ugly, but none of them were very smart.

Five of the soldiers who had been running with the group broke off, heading for the hangar bay where the five combat-ready Alpha types were stored. As the remaining soldiers passed the racks of specially designed weapons, every one with the obvious exception of Sean picked one up and slung it over their shoulder. These were the troops that would be fighting on the front lines, as opposed to the others who would be lending support from the background. Sean had been in this compound long enough to know just how efficient and well-prepared the ACTF was for the battle they were fighting.

He knew that by now the infirmary was a bustling hive of activity; the medical staff preparing for the probable injuries that they would have to deal with when the battle ended. Fighting Zoanoids as an ordinary human, as opposed to as a Guyver, was something that Sean was grateful to never have to do again. But, unlike him, these people had actually been trained for just this kind of thing.

They knew what they were getting into, unlike him when he had first learned about Chronos. But that was in the past, what was important now was getting rid of this group of Zoanoids before they could report the existence of this base to their superiors at Chronos. The last of the ACTF’s frontline corps had filed into the back of an ordinary-looking transport van, and now all that was left was for the five Alpha units and him to fill the next.

Taking a deep breath, Sean prepared himself. "Guyver!"

The Guyver unit’s energy-field crackled around him as the Unit was summoned from its resting place in the other dimension. Their had been a few times, back when nobody had really known all that much about the Guyver, that Sean had transformed in a crowded area. That was how he and the ACTF had first found out about the purely destructive power of the Guyver’s pressure field.

As excess air was expelled from the Guyver’s breather units, Sean jogged the rest of the way to the large transport that held the five Alpha Battlesuits. The rumble of the transport’s overpowered engine was more clearly audible to Sean, thanks to the Guyver’s enhanced senses. But every one of the soldiers knew that they were about to move out. There was no way in hell that they were going to let a bunch of mutant freaks overrun their base.

XxXxX

Drake Shepherd, one of the ACTF’s newly trained ‘ground gunners’, rechecked the ammo gauge on his Zoanoid Buster Cannon. Based off of that Zoanoid Buster Custom that Colonel Atkins had had made for that Murakami guy, this weapon was specifically meant to be used by ordinary people. As opposed to having such a strong recoil that a normal person would break their arm trying to fire it.

The Cannon was fully loaded, like it had been the last five times that Drake had checked. Still, this was his first trial-by-fire against real Zoanoids. This time, he couldn’t count on Barker to bail him out if he got in over his head, and this time there wouldn’t be any reprieves. At least, not until all of the Zoanoids who had come to try and destroy this base were dead.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.