Agito had reminded him that his only chance of getting all of them out of this place alive was to use the Relic. Sho mentally berated himself for forgetting that, even if it had been in the heat of battle. He could still feel his connection to the Relic, but most of his attention was admittedly taken up by the four Zoalords that were hot on his heels. The one who had been throwing ice at him and freezing the floor out from under him was the worst as far as Sho was concerned.

He still couldn’t quite bring himself to believe that Mr. Murakami was dead, even after having seen and held his body. Sho knew that he would only begin to really feel the pain of that loss when he was out of this battle, but for now it just didn’t seem real to him. Although, there was the fact that Mr. Murakami had probably been reunited with his son, but that didn’t make it any easier for Sho to think about it.

Now wasn’t the time for mourning Mr. Murakami, though, now it was time to make sure that none of his other friends ended up like Mr. Murakami.

+Agito, are you all right back there?+

+I’m fine, Fukamachi. Just get to the Relic. I’ll hold them off.+

Sho almost looked back to see how Agito was doing, but then thought of Mizuki, Tetsuro and the others. All of them were counting on him to get them safely out of this place. He had been the one to involve Tetsuro and Mizuki in all this fighting, it was only fitting that he be the one to get them out of it. Running at the Guyver’s top speed, Sho made it back to the top of the Relic and willed the ship to open for him.

The ice-throwing Zoalord, who looked like a cross between a humanoid dragon and some kind of ice demon from an anime, was freezing the ground underneath him again. The Relic, though, managed to force open the ice long enough for Sho to jump inside. Closing the ship behind him, and hoping that Agito would be able to get away from the Zoalords who were after him long enough to get safely inside the Relic, Sho headed back to the cockpit.

The Relic obligingly made his trip as short as possible, opening and closing itself with speed that Sho hadn’t even known it was capable of. Sho was thankful for it, though, since he didn’t have the time to waste waiting for the Relic to open and close with its usual slowness. Even the liquid inside the Relic didn’t seem to slow him down as much as it usually did. Bursting out of the liquid once he reached the cockpit, Sho didn’t stop until he had reached the pedestal in the center.

All of the others were secured inside some kind of transport pods that Tetsuro had been the first to notice. Sho saw them out of the corner of his eye as he took his place at the navigation station. Fully connecting himself to the Relic again, Sho found that he felt as if someone with a malicious sense of humor was digging some kind of hot, burning blades into his ear, neck and shoulder.

He saw that the Zoalords who had been chasing after him when he was outside the Relic were now standing on top of it, trying to cut their way through with bursts of concentrated energy. Sho knew, from his connection to the Relic, that the ship’s only real weapons were its passengers. The Relic had been intended as a transport, not a battleship. Disconnecting himself from the Relic enough to be able to function as a separate entity, Sho flew out the top of the spacecraft.

XxXxX

Alkanphel was annoyed. He knew that the emotion served no real purpose, and yet he could not stop himself from feeling that way. He hated Guyvers. It had, after all, been a Guyver that had cost him the favor of the Advents, in addition to almost getting him terminated by them. And now, two of them were making a nuisance of themselves by destroying one of the older and more useful branches of Chronos.

It was aggravating in the extreme. Slicing another piece out of the Relic where the teal Guyver had managed to hide himself, Alkanphel was mildly surprised to find that the Guyver came flying out of the Relic to challenge him and his three children. Surprised, but pleased as Jearvill and Luggnagg started their assault on him again. Kaburaal, having reached the end of his endurance, had retreated back to the Arizona outpost.

Still, even two of his children would be a match for this Guyver. When the black Guyver joined them at the top of the Relic, Alkanphel was surprised that the second Guyver had managed to retain so much of his mobility with his obvious injuries. The Guyver’s right leg showed obvious signs of hasty reattachment, his left arm was a barely-moving stump, and Alkanphel could clearly see the burns and scorch marks from either Edward’s or Tuarhan’s attacks.

-Focus your attacks on the Guyver gnats, my Zoalords, I will see to the Relic.-

Alkanphel, sensing the agreement of all of his children, stepped backwards and let them fill the gap where he had stood. Levitating into the air above the Relic, Alkanphel moved out of the way of the battleground atop it. He did not want to chance catching any of his Zoalords in the blast he was about to unleash. Evidently, the teal Guyver noticed the buildup of energy, and just as obviously the black Guyver was too absorbed in his battle to notice.

"No!"

The teal Guyver’s voice sounded oddly young. Possibly this was the reason that he did not seem as able to focus as the black Guyver. In Alkanphel’s experience, the young were more prey to their emotions than those who had matured. Humans, being such a short-lived species, were of course more prone to be rash even when they had matured. But maybe that was the reason that this Guyver-child had at first been more concerned for the dead Proto-Zoalord than for his fellow Guyver.

It was as reasonable a hypothesis as any, and it was also the only one that Alkanphel was going to take the time to make, since he was going to make sure that the Guyver-child and the black Guyver did not make it out of Mt. Minakami alive. Amid the battle, the black Guyver was trying to deal out twice as much damage as what he received from the Zoalords attacking him. At this he was failing utterly, but Alkanphel still had to admire his tenacity.

The black Guyver would have made an admirable Hyper Zoanoid. But now, regretfully, he would have to die along with the Guyver-child. After all, there was nothing to be done for those who fought against Chronos as Guyvers. The buildup of energy from the attack that Alkanphel was about to launch did not stop him from noticing the Guyver-child flying up toward him.

The Guyver-child’s intent was clear to Alkanphel: to attack him and prevent him from destroying the Relic. Feeling no need to waste his time battling against the Guyver-child, Alkanphel teleported to the other side of the Relic and continued preparing his attack. The Guyver-child followed him to the other side, and Alkanphel started to wonder just why none of his Zoalords were attempting to stop the Guyver.

Looking back down at the Relic, Alkanphel saw that the black Guyver was somehow managing to keep all of his remaining Zoalords occupied. Alkanphel found himself somewhat impressed by the black Guyver again. The battle was of course not going well for the black Guyver, but the fact that he was even attempting to stand against six Zoalords was at least worthy of some recognition.

The Guyver-child abruptly darted downward, into an opening in the Relic that had not existed before. Alkanphel realized then that the Guyver-child was linked to the Relic. It was not such an odd thing to think about, since the Advents themselves could link mentally with their spacecraft to operate them. At least now it made some sense why the black Guyver would protect such an ineffective warrior as the Guyver-child.

However, perhaps attacking the black Guyver would once again cause the Guyver-child to leave his assigned task and attempt to rescue his comrade. It had, after all, worked once before.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.