Panting, his left leg nothing but a barely-moving stump from the knee down, Zektor painfully made his way to an as-yet unknown destination. He’d transformed back into his human form, and managed to find a good sturdy support beam that he’d bent into a useable crutch, some time ago. And now, as he struggled to find some place to rest where the ceiling didn’t look like it would fall and bury him if he breathed too hard, Zektor couldn’t stop the tears from streaming down his face.

He’d failed, finally and ultimately, to stop Aptom from killing the last of Team Five. All of his friends were now just parts of that Zoanoid-eating thing. Elegen, Zancrus, Gaster and Darzerb. Hell even him if not for his last, desperate gamble. Dr. Balkus would probably congratulate Zektor for his alleged quick-thinking, but the hard truth was that he’d all but panicked when he’d felt Aptom’s cells invading his body.

Shooting his leg off and burrowing through the floor to escape had just been something Zektor had done to give himself a few seconds to think. He’d figured that Aptom would just come right after him again. Running with only one leg, in his heavy Hyper Zoanoid body no less, wasn’t something that Zektor ever wanted to try doing ever again. Moving in his human body was easier, of course, but now he had to deal with the tears.

He just couldn’t seem to stop himself from crying now. Elegen was one of the greatest people – well okay, Hyper Zoanoids – that Zektor had known in all the time that he had worked for Chronos. And the other three had been like brothers to him. Boisterous, gregarious, occasionally annoying brothers. They had been his family. The five of them had all been together for longer than Zektor could even remember.

In fact, Zektor was sure that there hadn’t been a time when Team Five hadn’t been a team. If there was, he sure as hell didn’t know about it. Zektor didn’t know what he was going to do now, without his friends by his side or at his back. He did know one thing though: Aptom wasn’t going to get away with this.

XxXxX

Staring through the body-sized hole in the wall that Reholt had made, Alkanphel smiled calmly. The Supreme Zoalord could feel the fear and desperation radiating from the mind of his former Twelfth Zoalord. It was interesting to watch the indecision flicker briefly across Reholt’s face, before his features settled into an indifferent mask. Reholt’s thoughts still gave him away, of course.

"As you can see, Reholt, your struggling is pointless," Alkanphel said calmly. I might as well make one last attempt, if only to amuse myself. "No matter what you attempt, you are not going to overcome me. Why not just give up?"

The human phrase ‘the hell I will!’ was what Alkanphel picked up just after he had finished speaking. Even if he had not been able to read the minds of his Zoalords, Alkanphel would have been able to read Reholt’s answer from the expression on his face. He had been right from the outset: the human who had once been known as Reichman Wilhelm was not to be trusted.

However, Reholt had at least been useful for one last thing: he had found his own successor. All that remained for Alkanphel to do now was to dispose of Reholt, and Chronos’ plans could continue apace. Of course, teaching a child the ways of a Zoalord would most likely absorb a great deal of his time from this point on, especially since Alkanphel did not want to chance having another traitor in his organization.

The matter of the boy, though, was a matter for another time.

Now, however… the power that Alkanphel could sense building inside Reholt’s body caused the Supreme Zoalord to focus on him to the exclusion of all else. What does that arrogant creature think to accomplish? He must know by now that there is no way that he can defeat me. So what… no. He cannot possibly be thinking to use that attack inside this facility. He would expend almost all of his energy, not to mention the damage that it would do to this facility.

Still, it did indeed seem as if Reholt was going to attempt one last attack. Alkanphel just did not exactly know whether to hope that Reholt was foolish enough to attempt that attack, or whether he would come to his senses before that point. Considering that this facility would be all but destroyed if Reholt used the attack that it was seeming more and more likely that he was building to; there was still the fact that Reholt would exhaust himself it he used it.

So at this point, there was somewhat more of an advantage to the situation than a disadvantage. Still, there would be the matter of withstanding Reholt’s attack. Something that Alkanphel was sure that he could do.

"I will warn you one last time, Reholt," Alkanphel said, just to watch Reholt fume. "Do not try my patience."

Alkanphel again watched as differing emotions, mostly anger and hatred this time, flickered across Reholt’s face. Now there was no doubt that Reholt would use his pseudo-black hole, using up most of the energy that Alkanphel had not yet forced him to use when he had been pursuing Reholt through Mt. Minakami. The facility itself would be utterly destroyed, of course. However, that could not be helped, and a new processing facility could be built to serve this area.

-My Lord! Please escape from this place! Gyou’s next attack is-

-I know, Hamilcal.-

-You… know?-

-Oh yes, I know very well just what our impetuous former Commander is going to attempt. In fact, I look forward to watching him try.-

-My Lord?-

-Hamilcal, we both know that Reholt does not have any attacks that would be capable of defeating me.-

-Yes,- Hamilcal’s nervousness still came through clearly.

-I will perhaps require your assistance, however I am quite certain that I will be able to deal with Reholt as he is now.-

-Yes, my Lord.-

Turning his attention back to Reholt, Alkanphel saw that all of Reholt’s Zoacrystals were glowing. This was a sure sign that Reholt was about to use his pseudo-black hole. I might as well put on a decent act. No sense in letting the fool creature know anything. Alkanphel raised his shield, taking care to make it appear as if he was frightened. The motes of strange light that were the visual manifestations of Reholt’s gravity points coalesced into a single mass in from of him.

And Alkanphel waited.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.