"So, I see now. By fusing your cells to those of another organism and by absorbing the DNA of whatever you manage to do so to, you create ever more powerful forms out of the recorded DNA of whatever you fuse with," the pretty Zoalord chuckled deep in his throat, definitely amused. "You’re Hamilcal’s work, aren’t you? You certainly are the kind of creature that he would try to make."

Aptom was seething by now; how dare this bastard just dismiss him so casually. As if he was some sort of toy, just something to be laughed off. Laugh while you can, you blond son of a bitch. I’ll be feasting on your remains soon enough, Aptom thought with savage glee. Baring his teeth, Aptom snarled at his tormentor.

"I’m afraid I can’t let you go so easily, despite the fact that you are rather fascinating in and of yourself. Hamilcal should have known better than to let a dangerous, experimental creature like you run around loose."

When he saw the energy beginning to collect just above the pretty Zoalord’s gloved palm, Aptom had the feeling that he was going to have to regenerate yet another body for himself. As the glowing, pulsing energy bomb slammed into his midsection and obliterated most of Aptom’s main body-mass there, Aptom felt his arms snap off of the ruined remains of his shoulders. Aptom took a moment to be thankful that he didn’t really need to breathe anymore, since at the moment he wouldn’t have been able to anyway.

Laying amid the destroyed remains of his second body, Aptom swore internally as he heard Elegen laughing at him. Lifting his head was an effort, but Aptom just managed to do it in time to see the pretty blond Zoalord turn and walk away. Well, that didn’t go anything like I’d planned, Aptom though sarcastically, since talking was pretty much out of the question considering his currant lack of lungs.

But this wasn’t over yet, oh no. As Aptom let his body parts dissolve into their component cells, he headed for the three Zoanoid corpses that littered the ground around him. They had just now started to decompose, so Aptom knew that he would have to be fast if he wanted to create three new bodies for himself instead of just one or two. Latching onto the corpses with three separate pseudo-appendages, Aptom began consuming the cells of the dead Zoanoids and replicating his own cells to replace them.

It wouldn’t be long now…

XxXxX

Commander Gyou stepped off of the elevator at the end of the underground levels that were considered a part of Mt. Minakami. Everything below this level was designated a part of Relics Point. As he passed the many empty processing-tanks on this level, Gyou reflected that he couldn’t have found a much better place for his second little pet project. Very few of Dr. Balkus’ loyal scientists would be seen in this area, since this was one of the older laboratories and hence considered not as prestigious to work in.

Gyou didn’t know just how that line of reasoning had come into effect, but he wasn’t one to question something too much when it could be used to his advantage. There were a few half-completed Zoanoids in the processing-tanks here, but all of those were closer to the elevator then the area where he had placed the Murakami boy. As Gyou passed the processing-tanks, some of them even empty of processing fluid, he wondered just what he would find when he saw the boy again.

By this time Gyou could see Dr. Halverson, still faithfully at his post. It was not many Zoalords who could command this kind of loyalty and respect from the humans who reported to them. Though Gyou was irked to have to admit that Dr. Balkus seemed to be able to inspire just that kind of loyalty in his scientists as well. As Gyou made his way still closer to where Dr. Halverson stood, he wondered just when the doctor was going to notice him. The click of his footsteps on the floor wasn’t that quiet, after all. And even a human, with their admittedly inferior senses, should be able to hear them by now.

"I’m very busy right now, Dr. Sanderson," Dr. Halverson said, without looking over at who was really standing next to him. "Thank you very much for the coffee, but this part of the operation is very delicate and I really can’t be distracted right now."

Gyou nodded to himself and remained silent. Judging from the quick glimpse of the figure in the processing-tank that he had gotten, Gyou was at least reasonably sure that the end stages of the boy’s physical development had been reached by this time. It would be quite a challenge for any scientist to arrest that maturation before the boy’s biostructure passed its peak of physical development and started to decline. So in this case it would be prudent to show a little more discretion than he was sometimes wont to.

Gyou could hear the clicking of keys on the computer console that told him Dr. Halverson was indeed working on arresting the boy’s maturation. Looking over at the Murakami boy, Gyou had to admit that Dr. Halverson had done fine work on him. He looked to be about twenty-five years old now, the perfect age for someone to undergo Zoalord processing and survive. Though Gyou remembered that he himself had been thirty when Dr. Balkus had put him though that process.

As the clicking of keys and the punching of buttons came to an end, Gyou turned his attention back to Dr. Halverson.

"Now, what was it that you…"

Gyou firmly quashed his urge to chuckle, and instead turned an appraising look on both Dr. Halverson and the console in front of him.

"I take it that the preliminary stages of our little project have been completed satisfactorily, doctor?"

"Yes sir, Commander Gyou," Dr. Halverson nodded. "I would say that it is safe to say that this… project is ready to be moved into the second stage."

"Good," Gyou nodded, pleased with Dr. Halverson’s progress so far.

Walking over to the processing-tank that held Murakami’s son in a sleep-like state of stasis, Gyou laid his hand against the Plexiglas of the processing-tank’s shell. He didn’t really know or care anymore just what a human would be able to see, through the mild distortion of the processing fluid, but Gyou could see the Murakami boy’s new form perfectly. The boy was now just as tall and muscular as his annoying father, but the facial features were subtly different.

The boy’s jawline was much smoother and more rounded than his father’s, making the head itself a bit more egg-shaped. Gyou, who had always had an eye for physical beauty, noticed that the younger Murakami’s chin was also slightly more pointed than his father’s. The hair-color was identical of course, as it had been even when the boy was small. But the hair itself would now have fallen to just above the center of the shoulder blades if it hadn’t been floating in the processing fluid. The face itself was just a shade narrower than his father’s was, and the cheekbones higher and more delicate-looking.

As Gyou moved his hand to rest on the area where the Murakami boy’s lips would have been if he was outside of the processing-tank rather than inside it, he reflected on the last of the physical changes that he had noticed. The fuller lips, added to the other features, did almost make him look feminine. But as far as Gyou was concerned, the boy’s new appearance could easily be used to his own advantage. After all, many of the other people who worked for Chronos tended to associate physical beauty with weakness.

Of course those few who had had the severe misfortune to mention that opinion to Rienzi, Caerleon, or Purg’stall tended to die quickly. Perhaps in time the rest of the Chronos staff, what was left of them after those loyal to the old order had been purged, would learn not to underestimate the boy.

"How would you like to proceed from this point, Commander?" Dr. Halverson asked. "There are some basic Zoalord designs that I could probably adapt to suit his form."

"No," Gyou shook his head, firmly dismissing the idea.

"What did you have in mind then, Commander?" Dr. Halverson asked. "Are you going to get Dr. Balkus to design his form for you?"

At that suggestion, Gyou couldn’t help but laugh. "Of course not," he managed to get out. Then, when he had finally regained his composure, Gyou elaborated. "I said that I wanted to have this done quietly."

"I see," Dr. Halverson nodded calmly. "I suppose that it would defeat the whole purpose of keeping this boy’s existence a secret if you asked Dr. Balkus to create his Zoalord form. But then, who are you going to have develop it for you?"

"I think I will take that task for myself," Gyou said calmly. "I have a few ideas in mind."

"You, sir? But have you ever designed a Zoalord? I thought you had only designed Zoanoids in the past," Dr. Halverson said.

"I think I will be able to handle this," Gyou gave Dr. Halverson a sidelong smile. "I thank you for all the work you have done on this project so far."

Gyou turned away from the processing-tank, heading back to the elevator. He was already starting to consider just what the boy’s Zoalord form would look like. Oh he had already had a few ideas on that front, but seeing the Murakami boy’s fully developed form had been interesting if nothing else. And at least it had given him something else to work with.

Now, all that remained was to begin the second stage of his plan. Gyou laughed to himself, with both the Unit Remover and Murakami’s son, Alkanphel and all of the others who were a part of the old order would be all the more easily eliminated.


 
 
Back to Kenji-Chan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.