Chapter 1: Next Generation

 

 

 

            “Hyaaah!!!”, a voice full of frustration coupled with tension yells out. The sounds of multiple impacts against a tough cushy surface resound following the yell. A large room with padded floors surrounds a punching bag that now swings furiously as a figure comes closer with a reared back right fist. “Arrrrgggghhh!!!!”, another battle cry echoes out as the fist flies forward with amazing speed, connecting with the punching bag and being followed by a spinning left leg taht sends it off to the side. The figure comes to stand in the course that the bag will take when it comes back to it and it waits patiently like a predator for its prey. The bag swings back at the figure and a barrage of punches leading from where the midsection would be all the way up to face level. The figure continues by dropping low and delivering a sweep to invisible legs and then following it with three consecutive and precise whirlwind kicks to the face that would devastate anyone. The fury ends as the bag swings back once more but this time the figure stops with both it’s hands and keeps it still with a few heavy breaths escaping.

 

            “I guess that will do for now. Time to relax.” , the voice of a man in his mid-twenties states patting the bag a couple of times before he walks away from it. Long black hair adorns the face of a young man with dark brown eyes and well toned physique. His path takes him to a rack to grab a towel that he uses to wipe some sweat from his face and then swings around his shoulders. “Guess I’ll find me a nice place to rest up and get a drink.” The youth states as a smile comes across his face and he exits the room.

 

45 Minutes later

 

            A silver Kawasaki streaks down the street bobbing through night time traffic with ease with it’s riders black helmet gleaming with the shine given off by the street lights above. The riders course takes him to a near by curb and he puts down his kick stand cutting off the engine. Removing his helmet the rider is revealed to be the same young man that had been within the large training room. With helmet placed safely away and keys tucked away, the young man heads down the street searching out a watering hole for himself. His eyes rove across a couple of  restaurants and bars but nothing that would denote a quiet place until he finds a sign saying O’Tooles upon it’s hanging sign. That same smile from earlier comes to his face and makes his way into the place leaving the semi-crowded streets.

 

            The lighting within the place is dim making it a calmer atmosphere than having bright lights blinding him. Clouds of smoke bellow from the lips of a few people as he pressed onward through what seems to be a mini sea of people that have come to enjoy exactly the same thing he has come here for. As he takes a look in the direction he’s heading he finds that the bar is not too far away and pushes past a middle-aged couple before he takes a seat on a stool. He makes a 360 degree spin in his stool and taps on the bar for some service seeing others sitting there trying to get drinks as well. A pair of blue jeans, black combat boots, a grey short-sleeved top, and a chain with dog tags on it had taken the place of his earlier attire; but the dog tags are what caught the bar tenders eyes as he made his way over to the man.

 

            The tenders face seemed to hold a bit of a gruff demeanor to it. The mans eyes looked the young man over a couple of times. He had already had a couple of  under age kids try to get some drinks which put him in a bad mood. He wasn’t ready to have to deal with another. he sighed before he finally began to speak.

 

“What can I get for you?”

 

“Let me get a double shot of Bacardi 151 and a Bacardi silver to chase it.”

 

“You got I.D. on you. I’d hate to have to put you like some of the riff raff that was here earlier.”

 

“Sure.” The young man goes into his pocket and retrieves his drivers license from it and hands it to the tender. “That gonna be good enough for you, pal?”

 

            The tender looks over the drivers license closely taking in the young mans date of birth and nods his head handing it back. “Yeah, you’re legal. sorry about that. It’s just really been a pain having to deal with young punks trying to get one over on you just to get a drink.”

 

“I hear ya man.”

 

“I’ll be right back with you drinks.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

            The tenders heads off to fill the request put in by the young man. While waiting the youth turns to one of he three television screens set up within the esablishment and begins watching a news report on CNN. The closed captions read on the screen and he followed every word.

 

::In the past year Chronos has helped the entire world with their scientific break throughs. Medical sciences have advanced curing many diseases that in the past have plagued mankind for ages. Crops have been cultivated faster and in regions that were until now unproductive. Yes, Chronos has done its fair share to help the world become a better place. Zoanoid processing is not a requirement of all people but is asked to be thought about.::

 

            On the screen it would seem pictures of press conferences are shown with Chronos representatives speaking to crowds of reporters. The young man shakes his head as the tender comes back placing the mans order before him. The tenders looks back at the T.V. and then to the young man.

 

“I take it you don’t like Chronos?”

 

            The  young man looks at the tender and sighs heavily before picking up his double shot. “You could say that. I don’t like the way they decided to come into power. Changing people against their will into those monsters first and then staging a massive coup in a single night that killed so many. Yeah, I’m not one of their biggest fans.”

 

“You’re pretty brave to admit that.”

 

“I wouldn’t say that. I just don’t care if people think I’m a radical for believing that those deaths were unnecessary and warrant an uprising against Chronos. But, I’m not pushing my views on anyone.”

 

“Smart guy. You looking to start a tab?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

            The young man pulls out a debit card from his pocket hands it to the tender.

 

“What’s the name?”

 

“William McCleod”

 

            The tender gave a nod and went to take care of the tab request and more orders. William looked at his double shot and gave it little thought before downing hte entire thing. Fiery liquid rushes down his throat scorching it’s lining and causing him to release a sigh of relief once it has made it’s track further down. The shot glass goes down and the bottle comes up to chase and cool the burning sensation. Williams eyes go up to the screen once more as he sighs raising his other hand to clutch the dog tags around his neck. A look of disgust become apparent on his face as a representatives words seem to insult him.

 

::We at Chronos feel terrible for the deaths that came as a toll of the coup. These peoples lives mean more to us than we may make it seem. They died in the line of duty defending their way of life and for that we can not blame them, but in their deaths has come the salvation that we at Chronos can give all people. We are here to help humanity rise to a new level of existence and to further progress into a new age.::

 

“Dirty bastards. They hide behind the skin of man. Cloaking the claws of monsters underneath calm words of reassurance and false promises.”

 

“You seem to have a pretty bad view of Chronos.”, a feminine voice exudes from behind William.

 

            William turns his head to eye level of a pair of tightly packed cleavage. He raises his eyes to the face attached and blinks a couple of time before responding.

 

“You could say that. I’m not their biggest fan, nor a helpful supporter like a lot of these folks.”

 

            The young woman seemed to also be in her twenties with light brown eyes and a bronze complexion to match. Her hair almost held a color close t her skin but with black etching into shoulder length hair in an array of wet curls. She wore a denim skirt and a vest combo with a little butterfly upon each, a while long sleeved top lay under a vest with a hint of black caressing her cleavage, black leggings dragged down her legs and were topped off with black slips. Her crimson colored lips glistened dimly in the low light as she took a seat beside William.

 

“So what do you have against Chronos?”

 

“What’s you’re interest in my business?”

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to pry. I just wanted to make conversation is all.”

 

            William released another sigh as he lifted his bottle once again and decides to chug the entire thing before sitting it back down. A low clunk echoes out before he sees the tender again and calls him over. “Let me get the exact same thing I just had and . . .”, William turns his head to face the young woman. “What would you like? It’s on me.”

 

            The young woman looks at William almost shocked. “Really? Well, let me have a glass of vodka on the rocks.”

 

“You heard the lady.”

 

“Alright, a double shot of 151, a silver and a glass of vodka on the rocks. Be back in a flash.” The tender picks up the empty bottle and heads off to work.

 

“You’re quite generous to someone you don’t even know.”

 

“You have to be in this world. No point in going around alienating your true fellow man.”

 

“Heh, so you going to answer my question? What’s your beef with Chronos?”

 

“I’ll answer the question as soon as I get your name.”

 

“My name’s Selica. Selica Ines. So you going to answer now?”

 

“Sure, why not? The day of  “X-Day” my parents were two of the people that were casualties in Chronos’ little coup”

 

“I . . . I’m sorry I didn’t mean to . . .”

 

“Don’t worry about it. It always comes up sooner or later. Don’t let that stop you from asking me anything else. After all, there’s more to me than just my hate for these corporate masqueraders.”

 

            Selica looks at William closely. He seems like a normal person to her but there is something about him that just seems off. As if he is permeating with a wish to start trouble in a subtle manner. For a brief moment their eyes meet and in Williams eyes she can see a death wish. A blinking of her eyes and the tender returns with their order.

 

“Alright that should be everything. Enjoy.”, the tender states before he walks off to continue his business night of work

 

“Hey, I just noticed that guy didn’t card you. What’s the big deal?”, questions William with some agitation.

 

“I guess I just have a pretty enough face to be looked over.”

 

“Yeah, right. That guy made me feel like a criminal after I sat down. I want justice.”, William states jokingly. Selica quirks her brow at his comment and clears her throat.

 

“So you don’t think I’m cute?”

 

“Uh, no. I didn’t mean it like that. I mean you’re gorgeous. I just meant . . .  meant uh . . . you know. I didn’t want to be the only carded here.”

 

            Selica bursts out into laughter as she picks up her glass of vodka. “I just wanted to hear you say I was cute, but you really think I’m gorgeous? Wow.”

 

            Williams turns red in the face as he looks at Selica with a dropped jaw. “That was just wrong.” , he utters taking up his double shot and not hesitating downs it in two swallows. “So now that my cats out of the bag. You going to tell me how I stack up on your radar?”

 

            Selica eyes William over a bit a bit and grins. “Well, you seem like the dark brooding type. You have an air that says, “I’m looking for a trouble”, I like that.”

 

“I think I can deal with that. So do you lie around here?”

 

“Actually yes. I’m a regular here, that’s why I didn’t get carded by Barry.”

 

“Heh, his names Barry? Guy’s got some nerve being high and mighty with that name. Jeez.”

 

“He’s not that bad. What about you? Where are you from?”

 

            William takes a drink of his beer and swirls it a bit before responding. “Originally I’m from Norfolk, Virginia. I moved here a few months a go to a place in Manhattan.”

 

“A good ol’ southern boy, huh? So what brings you up north?”

 

“Business, I guess you could say.”

 

“Business eh? So what do you do for a living?”, Selica questions as she slowly sips her vodka.

 

“If I told you that I might just have to kill you.”

 

“Really now? Is it that confidential?”

 

            William nods again as he takes another drink of his beer and looks over to the T.V. screen again. This time it shows a facility that looks like it had been almost completely destroyed and under it the head line reads:

 

 

::Chronos’ fifth processing installation located in Westchester was attacked earlier day by an extremist group known only as Zeus’ Thunderbolt. This group has existed for almost a year and has constantly attacked Chronos with measures that have even caused civilian casualties. If anyone has information regarding this terrorist group we urge you to step forward and aid in the investigation to stop these horrific acts from taking place.::

 

    William gives a light chuckle before taking another drink of his beer. Selica had been looking at the report as well and turned to William when he chuckled. She gave him an interested look and eased in close. “Did you have anything to do with that?”

 

“Nope, but I wish I did. I don’t know why everyone is so contempt with this life now. What happened to the old days?”

 

“The worlds changed. Chronos offers people hope through their methods of biological engineering. People are being saved from diseases that used to run rampant and even though zoanoid processing exists it’s not forced upon everyone. Can you blame people for excepting a peace?”

 

“I can blame those who haven’t lost anything because of Chronos. Those who know what Chronos is truly like would agree with me.”

 

“And what is Chronos really like, William?”

 

“They’re monsters, plain and simple. Nothing can describe them better than that. These beasts turned innocent people into zoanoids without them knowing and unwillingly. Then they staged that damn coup’. There were innocence on both sides. The only problem was that the ones on Chronos’ side were being controlled to do what they did. Those that died didn’t deserve their deaths. Chronos should be destroyed.”, over the course of his speech Williams voice had grown in tone gaining the attention of a view patrons within.

 

“Calm down before you get yourself in some trouble here. You never know who might actually be working for Chronos here.”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I’ll deal with it when it comes.”

 

“You’ve got some attitude on you.”

 

“I’m sure you would too, if you were in my shoes.”

 

    William takes the rest of his beer into himself and once again gains the tenders attention to order some more. Selica merely swirls her vodka and takes a small sip as William makes the same order once again. “You sure you wanna have another of those? You already seem pretty outspoken already.”, Selica states with a bit of caution.

 

“I’m fine. It’s nothing I can’t handle.”

 

    The tender steps away and as he does another gentleman comes walking up behind William and taps him on the shoulder. William turns to see the muscular Caucasian male with his short cut blond hair and his hazel eyes.

“What can I do for you pal?”

“Sounds like you got some beef with Chronos. You got some nerve spouting that crap around here.”

“You got a problem with me and how I feel about your almighty good Samaritans?”

“I sure do. Let’s go outside and have a chat. I think you’ll be singing a different tune once we’re done.”

 

“I’m sure I will. Let me finish my next drink and I’ll meet you outside big guy.”

 

“I don’t feel like waiting. You bring your ass, now.”

 

“Fine, fine. Hey Selica you mind waiting for my drink for me? This shouldn’t take a long.”

 

“Sure, but are you sure you should do this. You don’t anything about this guy.”

 

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

 

    With that said William gets up from his seat and heads out side behind the larger gentleman. Onto the streets and then into an alley beside the building. The two stands face to face now with ten feet between them.

William looks nonchalant about the entire thing while the larger man cracks his knuckles.

 

“Chronos has done a lot for this and every other country, what’s your deal?”

 

“I’m guessing they gave you a new life then? Well, I’m your opposite they took my life away from me. A guy like you wouldn’t understand what I’ve lost, so I suggest you go ahead and try to change my mind before I get bored.”

 

“You wise ass. I’ll show you.”, those are the last from the man as his body begins to change. Pinkish smooth flesh begins to become green and scaly, while muscles bulge and rip free of the confines of clothing. Eye glow a bright yellow as the face encasing them shifts in shape due to the bone structure reshaping itself. In mere moments what once was a man become a Gregole type zoanoid. “So you still want a fight, little man? Hah ha hah.”

 

“Sure. You go ahead and make a move. Let’s see this devotion to Chronos you’ve got.”

 

“You smug bastard!!”

 

    The Gregole charges forward with his fist reared back and ready to crush Williams skull with a single hit. The fist is launched about three feet from Williams face and as it closes in William merely side steps leaving empty space for the Gregole to hit. The Gregole stumbles forward but catches himself in time to throw a backwards heel kick at Williams back. William strafes forward once again leaving emptiness for the Gregoles blow. Gregole growls loudly and gets to his feet firmly.

 

“You think you’re better than me, don’t you?”

 

“What are you talking about . . . I know I’m better than you. You’re just some monstrosity that gave up his humanity with the promise of power.

You’re pathetic.”

 

“Fuck you!!!”

 

    Gregole storms forward with arms open wide ready to grab William and crush him within his grasp. William stands perfectly still as the Grgoels arms close in William ducks down and rolls through his legs escaping yet again from the monsters hold. William gets to his feet and as the Gregole turns a bright light enshrouds the alley along with a violent booming. Gregole shields his eyes from a cloud of dust kicked up by whatever it was that caused the light show. The sound of fast moving steps can be heard and Gregole sees only the faint outline of a figure charge forward followed by an immense shot of pain that echoes through out his body. A gasping of air and the sight of red is all that signals his death before he falls to the ground and begins to dissolve. A group of people stand outside of the alley looking for signs of what may have happen. William comes running out fanning the air and coughing heavily from the dust that has yet to settle.

 

“I don’t know what’s going on but I saw a zoanoid in there. I don’t think it’s safe. Someone should call the cops.”

 

    William escapes the crowd of on lookers and makes his way back inside the bar with people looking like they have been scared to death with the booming that occurred outside. William pushes forward back to the bar and takes his seat beside Selica with a grin on his face.

 

“Did you miss me?”

 

“Are you okay? What happened out there?”

 

“Oh that? I think our friend got my point is all. I think I’ll be leaving after this drink though.”

 

“Really I was hoping to get to know you a bit better.”

 

“Sorry. Sometimes getting to know me isn’t the best idea.”

 

    William lifts up his shot glass and quickly downs it and picks up his beer with the other hand and lifted it up as the other sat the shot glass down. A quick chugging of his beer and the bottle was sat back down. He signaled for the bar tender to come over so he could pay his tab off, but as he did so he started to become woozy.

 

“Man . . . What’s going . . . O . . . . on?”

 

“Sorry, hun. I knew you wouldn’t just come with me.”

 

“Whaaaaaat?”

 

    With those last words uttered by William he falls backwards off of his stool and hit’s the ground with a thud as Selica comes down to aid him.

 

“It’s going to be okay. Just rest.”

 

Pillars of Heaven, Washington D.C.

 

            Shin Rubeo Amniculus sits calmly with the control center of the massive building constructed as Chronos’ leading stronghold within the United states. His gaze lands upon a screen showing a video feed from the U.S.A Third Processing Plant. Zoanoids once again being born for their task to aid in what is to lie ahead. Shin breaths a soft sigh as he turns his attention to another screen showing normal broadcasting. On this screen it would seem to show a special news report, one that catches his attention immediately.

 

::As of late last night in the city of New York, police have been investigating a mysterious explosion that occurred near the Manhattan bar of O’Tooles. It is reported that there may have been a death of a zoanoid here as well. Nothing has been finalized but reports have indicated that there may have been a witness to the entire occurrence. Police have issued a sketch of this man. If anyone has any  information pertaining to this assailant please call.::

 

            Shins look becomes weary at that moment as he begins to telepathically contact zoanoids within the area to be on alert for anything especially the assailant that may have the information they need. At that moment he is contacted by Dr. Hamical Valkus, Chronos’ foremost scientist and member of the Twelve Lords.

 

<Shin Rubeo, can you hear me?>

 

<Yes,  Hamical. What is it?”

 

<The cocoon that was here at the Dead Sea plant. It’s teleported away. I need you to keep an eye out for it. I have a feeling that it may have had a connection to the guyvers.>

 

<What? Are you sure of that Hamical?”

 

<No, the only thing I am sure of is the feeling I received when I tried to scan it’s inner contents. It was not good. I do feel that it may be a threat. Be cautious, Shin.>

 

<I shall.>

 

            A heavy sigh escapes Shin Rubeo as the thoughts of the cocoon that had appeared in the U.S. reach him. It had been concluded that it had the same make up as the relic ship, but could it have really had something to do with the guyvers? Two puzzling occurrences and both happening so close together. Things were looking a bit uneasy in this Zoalords eyes.

 

Meanwhile, Undisclosed Location

 

            William sits within a chair tied down around his arms, wrists, and legs. Williams head lifts under the light of a single bulb. His eyes still showing images blurry to him. He tries ot shake it off but it is no use. Look around all he can see is darkness wrapping around him keeping everything out of sight, or anyone that lies within them. Suddenly a booming voice comes over a loud speaker. It’s tone light but distorted by what seems to be a mechanization effect.

 

“You’re names William McCleod, right?”

 

“Y . . .yeah, what’s it to you, and where the hell am I?”

 

“Where you are is of no concern, but you’re identity and your involvement in the events of last night are of great importance to us.”

 

“Heh, you think I know what happened last night? I can barely remember a thing, after that woman drugged me.”

 

“So she didn’t make enough of an impression on you for you to remember her?”

 

“I wouldn’t say that Selica. I remember you very well. I just wish you had brought me home rather than this place.”

 

            The voice changes from the metal sounding one to one of a female in her mid-twenties with a bit of sultry spice. “So you do remember me, huh? So if you remember me you must remember what happened between you and that big guy outside of the bar. Why don’t you go ahead and just tell me what happened?”

 

“That’s easy. It isn’t your business that’s why? Why do you want to know what happened so bad? What would bring you to kidnapping an innocent bystander? Makes me think you might be working for Chronos.”

 

“And what if I am?”

 

“That’s even more of a reason for me to keep my mouth shut. I don’t answer to Chronos, or it’s lackeys. You got me?”

 

“Oh, I hear you loud and clear, cutie. I just hope you know I’m no Chronos lackey or even like Chronos for that matter. If you really want to know who I am, I’ll tell you.”

 

“Well, tell away. I’m all ears.”

 

“I’m actually apart of the former United States Army. Some of my comrades and I have come together to form a resistance group. We want to take back our lives and restore our world to what it was before Chronos took over.”

 

“That’s all well and good, but why should I believe anything that you say? You know you drugged me and kidnapped me. For all I know you really are Chronos operative. I said a lot of stuff last night and you could just be playing on that to gain my trust. I don’t like the situation so I’m not talking.”

 

“Oh, don’t be that way. Come on you can trust me.”

 

“I’ll trust you, but on one condition.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“You’ll have to come down here yourself and untie me. You do that, and I’ll tell you whatever you want to know.”

 

“Hmm, well that’s not too much of a request. I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

 

“I’ll be waiting. Not like I’m going anywhere.”

 

            Moments pass and soon the sound of a door opening catches Williams ear. His head raises from a hanging position to see light start pour in from the opening door before him. The same feminine form that he William met last night enters closing the door and turning on the rest of the lights within the room. The room around William becomes illuminated showing a highly sophisticated room instead of the drab surroundings that he thought were around him.

 

“Nice place you’ve got here. Though, it’s hard to believe that you’re not under Chronos’ command with a set up like this.”

 

“Trust me. This place has come at great expense. Many of our people have died trying to create this battlefront command center.”, Selica states as she walks over with a sexy swagger to her step. She lowers herself showing off a bit of her cleavage in a low cut halter top. “You’ve got to believe me. I’m on your side.”

 

“I never knew I had taken one.”

 

“When you decided that you hated Chronos, you decided to be human and fight for that.”

 

“Guess you’re right. So you plan on untying me, or don’t you want those questions of yours answered?”

 

“Give me a sec. I’m sure we have plenty of time to talk.”

 

            Selica moves behind William and unties him from his legs upwards. With all the rope gone from him William stands up a bit stiff and rubs his wrists from the tightness of his confines. He turns slowly looking at Selica with contempt.

 

“You’ve got some nerve tying me up on the first date. So sweetheart what’s all this about?”

 

“I thought I was the one asking the questions here.”

 

“Yeah so? That doesn’t stop you from answering one, now does it?”

 

“Touché William. Like I said, I’m apart of a resistance group based here in the U.S. We are the largest group of the factions, but we have units scattered through out the states trying to do their part to aid in the fall of Chronos. Right now though we are looking for those strong enough to help us put a bigger dent into Chronos’ hide than we’ve been able to.”

 

“Uh huh, and what does that have to do with me?”

 

“I think you know exactly what I’m talking about, William. You just don’t want to admit to it, but I’ll fill you in. Chronos has been trying to hide it for quite sometime but we’ve been able to gain a little information, even though it’s come at it’s own costs.” Selica clears her throat as she brings the information to the surface of her mind. “The information we’ve gather from our deceased informants tells us that at what point there were beings called Guyvers that were fighting Chronos in Japan. In fact there had been three of them, and one was fighting along side Chronos. Reports indicate that that specific one was destroyed in a battle with on of the others. But, it would seem the remaining two put up quite the fight until about a year ago. Then they both vanished without a trace.”

 

“Really now? That’s interesting and why did Chronos decide to keep that little tidbit of information from the populace.”

 

“You should know. They didn’t want anyone to know that there had ever been a force that could cause them that much trouble in the first place. But, rumor has it that there was a guyver sighted in Canada not too long ago which gives us hope. We just need to find out who he is. If it’s true that one of the guyvers is so close we could hopefully gain aid from them and maybe get some sort of edge on Chronos.”

 

“Sorry to tell you this but I’m not your guy. I’ve never been to Canada before.”

 

            Selica puts a grin on her face as she moves to take a seat in Williams former chair after spinning it around. “Oh come now, you really aren’t that guyver that appeared in Canada? That’s a shame. But, that still leaves the question of how you evaded being killed by that Gregole last night, now doesn’t it?”

 

“What? How did you know it was a Gregole that tried to kill me last night?”

 

“We keep watchful eyes when we need to?”

 

“Have you people been tailing me?”

 

“For longer than you know. We know that you like to start trouble, but the problem is we don’t know how you come out without a scratch on you. Every time you’ve gone toe to toe with a zoanoid. You’ve some how miraculously evaded death. How?”

 

“You really want to know? Well, I’m not this guyver you’ve heard of in Canada, but I may just be a guyver. You’re going to have to fill me in on some information about it though. That’s the only way I can be sure that’s what this thing is.”

 

“I can only give you so much as we ourselves only have limited information. The main basis is this. A device code named Unit-G was discovered by Chronos. This device was a self contained armor system that when fused to a host organism created a being called the Guyver. As of now that is all we are sure of.”

 

            William takes time to process what he has heard and with a bit of reluctance he nods his head. “Then I guess that does mean I’m one of those guyvers. But, you say there were two in Japan and now there was one sighted in Canada. There’s a lot of missing information here then.”

 

“You’re telling us. We’ve only been able to piece together a little of everything but the main thing is this; if the guyvers do exist, that gives us at least some hope to free ourselves from Chronos’ hold. What do you say William? Will you join us in our fight?”

 

“Join you? That’s funny. You come up to me like a luscious babe and now you’re little miss soldier girl. You get close and then you pounce me with this. What if I had turned out to be just some kind of trap, huh? I could have just been some zoanoid under commands to kill you all once I infiltrated your base. You ever think of that?”

 

“Intelligence never men . . .”

 

“You can’t rely on intelligence operatives or anything else, sometimes you have to rely on nothing but gut instincts. That means sometimes the only one you can trust is yourself and in my case that’s how I live. So if you excuse me, I’d like to get back to my life and dealing with Chronos my own way.”

 

“William, don’t do this. You could be a great help to our cause. Don’t you want to save lives just like us?”

 

“Save lives? I think you’ve done more sacrificing than saving here. Fancy HQ, and almost up to date intelligence. I’m sure you have more people dying for this cause than anything else.”

 

“How dare you?”

 

“How dare I? How dare you, for coming up with this foolishness. False front of salvation when people are dying for your cause. I can’t help you. So I suggest you let me get back to my reality before I force my way out of here.”

 

“Fine. Have it your way. I’m sorry I even took a chance on you.”

 

“Like I said, sometimes getting to know me is the last thing you wanna do.”

 

“I’ll have you escorted to a room. It’s not safe for you right now.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“The news has been showing a sketch of you all day. You wanted for questioning in connection with what happened last night. I don’t think you want to be caught up in all that.”

 

“Fine, whatever. I just suggest you leave me to myself and not bug me with any more talk of joining your little guerilla war.”

 

“ I won’t.”, Selica exclaims with frustration and anger stinging in the air. She stands from the chair and exits the room slamming the door behind her. William stands alone looking around and finding  what looks to be a one way mirror on his right side. His only thought now is of how he is being watched by these people at this very moment. The thought sickens him as he flops back down in the chair that Selica had been sitting in.

 

            Meanwhile Selica makes her way back to the room on the other side of the mirror looking in on William. She enters looking at two of her male comrades and sighs heavily before clinching her fist, and taking a seat. One of them swirls in their chair around revealing a short haired,  red head with a little smirk on his face.

 

“Looks like that guys more of a tough cookie than you expected huh?”

 

“Shut up, Harrison. I thought he’d join us with open arms. This guys a loose cannon and just out for himself.”

 

“Are you even sure he’s what we think he is, Lt. Ines? I mean maybe he’s right. He could be a zoanoid here to infiltrate the base. If so, we should go ahead and terminate him now.”, states the other male within the room with shoulder length blond hair still looking into the room.

 

“No Marcus, we’re not going to terminate him. I think he’s a guyver so he stays a live. Harrison escort him to bunk and I want a couple guards posted at his door. I don’t want him getting out of here with that rash attitude and getting surrounded by Chronos’ troops.”

 

    Harrison stands up from his seat with a salute and heads out of the room, while Marcus and Selica are left with one another. Marcus swirls around in his chair to face his superior with a look of disagreement with her choice.

 

“Why do you believe in him so much. You hardly even know the guy and you are making sure he is safe and well taken care of. Why?”

 

“It’s like he said. Sometimes you have to follow your gut instincts. Mine are telling me he is telling the truth.”

 

“Fine, but if he turns out to be a zoanoid. You’ll be the one to regret it. Not me.”

 

    With that Marcus stands from his seat and walks past Selica without another word spoken. Harrison enters the other room and introduces himself to William, who then gets up. The both of them exit the room while Selica thinks to herself of the new situation before her. If William was truly a guyver he would prove to be a useful comrade, but with his current mind set, it would seem it would be hard to convince him to come over to her cause. Frustration was truly beginning to take her as she left the room as well.

 

Meanwhile, Pillars of Heaven, Washington D.C.

 

Shin Rubeos eyes lay closed as he sends out a telepathic message to one of his troops.

 

<What is the status of your mission?>

 

<My lord, it would seem this resistance has acquired the young man that was involved with the incident in New York last night. In fact he was the perpetrator that killed Gregole. It turns out he may be a guyver.>

 

<Are you sure of this? What is his name?>

 

<Not as of yet, My Lord, but his name is William McCleod Nothing has been confirmed but the evidence is stacking in our favor.>

 

<If that young man turns out to be a guyver I want you to capture him and bring him in.>

 

<Yes, My Lord.>

 

    Shin Rubeos eyes fly open as he makes his way to a spot between two Chronos troops tending to the computer console within the command center.

 

“Soldier I need you to bring up some information for me.”

 

“Yes, sir. What is it that you need?”

 

“An expedition was sent out a few months before X-Day to the Antarctic. I want all information pertaining to it, the crew sent, and any relatives of the crew. Is that understood?”

 

“Yes, sir. I will have it to you as soon as possible.”

 

“Good.”

 

Undisclosed Location

 

            William lies back on a bed looking up at the ceiling, with a pissed off look on his face. Arms are crossed under his head and legs are bent upwards and crossed as well. He swings a foot in a manner dictating his agitation.

 

“This place sucks. No T.V., no music, and these guards outside are really starting to annoy me.”

 

            Outside of William’s room to armed guards lay in wait if William decides to try and make a move. Meanwhile in the command center of this hidden bunker Selica Harrison and Marcus sit with other members of their squad Listening to news reports and relaying messages from their unit to others around the country.

 

“I still think you’re wrong about that guy, Lieutenant. I think we should just let him go and get captured. He’s not doing us any good here by eating our rations and taking up space.”

 

“Marcus, I told you already. I’m not going to sacrifice a human life just because you think he maybe a threat. As I’ve seen it so far, he is just as compassionate about getting rid of Chronos as we are. He just doesn’t know how to work as a team or how to fight a the good fight.”

 

“Why are you taking up for him so much?”

 

“Look we’re not going to get into this again. Harrison, I want you to go check in on our guest.”

 

“Sure thing Ma’am.”

 

“No . . . I’ll do it. I want to go see what the big fuss is about this guy.”

 

“Fine, Marcus. Have it your way, but I don’t want you causing any trouble with William, you understand me?”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”, Marcus salutes and stands from his seat. He makes his way past Selica and for a brief moment it would seem as if a great tension existed between the two of them. Marcus left the room leaving Selica to look back as he made his way in the direction of Williams room. Meanwhile Harrison turned to his superior and whistled a soft tune.

 

“If I didn’t know any better Lieutenant, I’d say ol’ Marcus is a little jealous.”

 

“Why should he be? It’s not as if I’m trying to make William out to be anything else than an asset and a possible aid to us.”

 

“I don’t think he see’s it that way.”

 

“Well, he’ll just have to figure that out on his own.”

 

            Selica looks fed up with Marcus’ attitude. The two of them have known each other since their days in basic training. They both moved higher in the ranks constantly trying to challenge one another until Selica beat Marcus out to the rank of Lieutenant. Not too long after that X-Day occurred ceasing the race and causing Marcus and Selica to help one another and grow closer than they ever had before. Selica sighed with those thoughts returning to her.

 

            Down in the area of Williams room a shadowy figure comes looming down the hall. The sound of the approaching foot steps catches the ears at Williams door and they turn to face the on coming shape.

 

“Who’s there?”, questions one of the guards.

 

“It’s just me guys. Beck, remember?”

 

“Oh, hey. What are you doing down here?”

 

“I’m here to replace you guys. My subordinate should be here in a minute.”

 

“Really so soon. Heh, I guess I’m not complaining.”

 

“Are you sure about this? You want us to stay around until your assistance gets here. The Lieutenant made this guy out to be some kind of high priority. We haven’t heard anything out of him but you can never be sure.”

 

“I’ll be fine. You guys ago ahead and grab yourselves some rest. I’ll take care of this for the time being.”

 

“Alright. See you around.”

 

            The two guards leave the area leaving the man Beck behind to his duties. A sly grin comes to his face as he moves forward to Williams door and knocks upon it. To his discouragement there is no answer on the other side. He knocks once more and this time Williams voice comes echoing from the other side.

 

“What the hell do you bastards want? I’m not in the mood for your ignorance.”

 

            A slight chuckles comes from Beck as he opens the door to see William still lying on his bed pissed off. William gets to a sitting position and looks over to Beck with a raised eyebrow.

 

“You going to escort me to get some grub or am I going to have to starve and be bored out of my mind?”

 

“Oh you don’t have to worry about being bored anymore. As a matter of fact, you won’t have to worry about anything anymore!!!”

 

            The door slams shut behind Beck and his body begins to convulse as veins in his forehead become apparent and his eyes light up a bright yellow. William gets to his feet as the mans form rips out of his cloths and his skin mutates into a hard red armor coating . A distorted face encased by three flexible horn-like antennae rears back in a roar as William steps back. A Zerebubuth type Hyper-Zoanoid now stands poised to attack William with murderous glee in it’s face.

 

“Heh, those humans would never have suspected a zoanoid infiltrating their tiny resistance. We’ve known about them for quite sometime. Hahahahahaha!! Imagine my surprise hearing that they had a guyver in their custody, and no less, one that doesn’t want to fight with them. This is perfect. I kill you and then I move on to go ahead and kill the rest of them. It’s too easy.”

 

“You make it sound easy enough, but you don’t know what you’re in for, pal?”

 

“Oh really? How do you figure that, little man?”

 

“This is how. Armor up!!!”

 

            The familiar bright glow that had enshrouded the alley the night before once again came forth in the form of a blast field that encaved the wall behind William and crated the floor and ceiling above with it’s force. With in the shielding William hovered as a form took shape behind him. The form opened and soon engulfed Williams body in a suit of bio-booster armor. The field dissipated leaving the new form behind in the wake of its destruction. A dark blue coloring adorned the armor with purple underlining bio-material. On each peck of it’s chest a crystal of a lime green hue sat embedded with its diamond shape and were surrounded by a lightly glowing segmented casing. On the biceps, wrists, hips, and even the leg armor similar crystals glowed in tune with the ones upon the chest. An flaring of light came from the control medallion in the center of the guyvers forehead, but the shape was different, it looked like an upside down pentagon. On each arm two pairs of vibrational swords elongated as the guyver stepped forward.

“Heh, you think you can stop me? That’s a nice one.”

“Oh, I can stop you. I just wonder if you have any clue as to how horribly outgunned you are.”

“Come on, try me.”

“Let’s do it.”

Williams armored form lunges forward and with his right arm swiping the arm with his swords. Zerebubuth had dropped back piling through the wall behind him and bursting it down. A large commotion caught the attention of people passing by as they saw the two beings come into sight. William slices the air while Zerebubuth dodges and then ducks looking up and firing his corrosive acid up into Williams face. William’s yells out in pain as the acid covered his eye units blinding him. Zerebubuth takes the opportunity and rams into William sending his form flying back into the room where they had just come. People begin to run to gain armament while others begin to pass on the information to others so it may reach their commanders.

Command Center

A man sitting a computer console with a head set on begins to look worried as he begins to receive word of what is happening within the base. Quickly
he turns to his superior and begins relaying it to her.

“Lieutenant, we’ve got reports of an explosion within the base.”

“What? How could this be?” Selica begins to recall everything that Marcus had said. Could William have truly been a zoanoid lying in wait to demolish
their resistance front?”

“No, wait it wasn’t an explosion. It was . . . A zoanoid, ma’am. It seems to be in combat with another unknown being.”

“Another being? What area are they in?”

“Holding Area B, Ma‘am.”

“That’s the same area we have William in. I want all available units to close in on that area. Any non combatants are to evacuate and head here. Is
that understood?”

“Yes, Ma’am.”, the man at the control station cuts on the loud speakers and begins his broadcast to those within the base.

“Harrison, you’re coming with me. I ‘m going to get to the bottom of this.”

“Whatever you say, Lieutenant.”

The two of them head out of the command center with great haste heading towards the holding area where the battle rages on between the two combatants. Meanwhile Marcus finally comes onto the seen to see the immense damage that has already been caused by these two and looks even more angered by this than Williams initial arrival. He runs forward moving through debris and people who are beginning to evacuate the area. Soon he comes to the battle taking place as Zerebubuth begins to blast away with his bio-lasers. The armored form of William leaps back having sensed the attack coming with his hyper sensors. Williams form rolls off to the side and fires his head beam aiming at the Zerebubuths legs and makes a hit in his
right knee cap that pierces clean through. But the next merely grazes the other leg only slowing Zerebubuth a bit.

“You little bastard!! Heh, You’re the only guyver that Chronos has no data on and it seems you may be a little stronger. The head beam of Guyver 1 couldn’t even pierce this armor.”

“Guess I’m just lucky is all.”

William gets to his feet and charges forward at tremendous speed as he retracts his vibrational swords.

“Think you have a chance of getting in close.”

Zerebubuth fires a barrage of bio-laser and corrosive acid at William who dodges the bio-lasers and seeing a discharge of acid coming towards him,
manages to fire a head beam to deflect it. The barrage continues and as it does so the crystals upon Williams form start to glow and he moves faster than he had been making a motion that not even Zerebubuth could see. Marcus stands in awe as Williams armored form swoops behind Zerebubuth with
vibrational swords extended once more.

“Thought you had a one up on me didn’t you?”, Williams metallic voice echoes from behind Zerebubuth. The hyper-zoanoid attempts to swing around
and knock William back but William slams his blades into Zerebubuths back. A quick inhale of air is heard and William chuckles. Zerebubuths eyes lay
wide open as he steps forward releasing himself from the blades holding him in place. He gasps once more before turning to the guyver that has killed
him.

“This isn’t over. . .”

“Oh for you it is and that’s good enough for me.”

As William raises his hands and places them around the orb within the center of his waist. Lt. Ines, Harrison and a small group of ten soldiers enter the area with guns on the ready. Marcus still stands at his location on looking of it all as Lt. Ines comes up behind him.

“Sgt. What’s going on here?”

“I’m not sure who’s who here, but all I know is that who ever is in that armor is going to win.”

A ball of gravitational energy forms within the palms of Williams hands and with a quick swirling of his arms the energy is released and Zerebubuths head is cleared from his body. The headless corpse falls over backwards and begins to dissolve almost instantly. The guyver slowly turns to face the group of soldiers behind him. A faint laugh comes from the armored being as the armor releases itself revealing William in its stead.

“So we were right., you are a guyver.”

“So what? I was right too, someone that wasn’t human infiltrated your little base. Guess we both deserve a reward.”

“Smart ass punk!! Look at what kind of damage you’ve done here. It’s going to take us a lot of time to repair things here thanks to you.”, yells Marcus.

“I think fixing things is the least of your problems. Your base has been compromised. You need to abandon it, and now. Chronos could already be on it’s way here.”

Selica goes over the situation bit by bit analyzing as much as she can process and coming up with a course of action. She shakes her head knowing that William is right and that everything that they have worked for will have to be left behind. A victory and a loss all in one on this day.

“Harrison, get on the radio and tell the dispatcher to send out the news. We are evacuating and soon. I want all non-combatants to move to the control center now. I want all combat units to head to the exit once I give the okay I want everyone out of here. Got that?”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

The unit that had come with Selica heads out and Harrison begins the report. Marcus stays with Selica and William and crosses his arms eyeing William with anger.

“Alright we need to get going. William, will you come with us? You’re a guyver and we need as much help as we can get.”

“He’s worthless Lieutenant. He got lucky fighting that thing. He doesn’t have the training to fight.”

“I don’t need you to judge me soldier boy. I’ll come with you. Just so I can piss this guy off, save a few lives and maybe even topple Chronos along the way.”

“What made you change your mind?”

“Simple, you guys can’t spot a zoanoid to save your life. That’s where I come in. I know how they move. That’s why I was ready. Just don’t know all the types is all. Guy caught me off guard.”

“Well, I guess that will do. Come on we have to get going. Harrison. I need a few units to grab our armament and any supplies we can carry. Get on it now.”

“I gotcha.”

“William, I want you to come with me and Marcus to the Command Center. I need you to accompany my people out of this base. If Chronos is truly going to try and make an attack here. We are going to need you on the front lines of this evacuation.”

“Sure, why not? After all you may still have some posers among you. I’d like to have me a little more fun.”

“I still don’t like this, Lieutenant. For all we know, it was his doing that brought that zoanoid here. His presence may very well be our death.”

“Marcus, I will no longer entertain your ramblings. So stop this and follow my orders. We are heading to the command center with William and that is final. Do you understand me?”

 

            Marcus furrows his brow and looks angered but releases a deep sigh nodding his head before saluting. “Yes, Ma’am. Understood.”

“Then lets get going.”

            Harrison heads off on his own to aid in the acquisition of the armament and supplies while Selica, Marcus and William head back to the command center to help the evacuation procedures. A few minutes pass and the group of  three enter the hall with people every where within the hall way. Selica heads to the front of the three person group and gains the attention of the mass of people before them.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I need you to all listen to me. It would seem our efforts to keep ourselves hidden from Chronos have been in vain. As of twelve hundred hours today, we discovered that one of our officers was in fact a zoanoid spy. This bases position is probably known by Chronos and quite possibly all of our secrets have been leaked as well. We are going to be evacuating this base asap, and will be separating our forces. So if you will, please move to the bunker and get to any available vehicle. We will radio everyone of locations once we have made it safely out.”

            The large group of people begins to disperse quickly leaving the command center as fast as possible. With the group leaving and leaving Selica, William and Marcus behind Selica turns to he two men and sighs.

“Marcus I want you to take care of wiping these hard drives clean and then entering a virus into the system just incase Chronos hasn’t already gotten anything out of them due to our infiltrator.  William, I need you to come with me to the bunker. These people are going to need to get our of here as safely as possible.”

“Sure, lets get going.”

“Selica, what about the other branches of the resistance. Shouldn’t we warn them that they may be in danger as well?”

“Dammit, before you wipe the drives issue an alert to them all.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

            Selica gives a nod to Marcus and then one to William. William and Selica head off leaving Marcus behind to his new task. With a shaking of his head he turns around heading into the command center. He raises his arm and rolls down his sleeve and presses a switch on a watch like device.

“It’s time. The operation begins once they all have entered the bunker. Over whelm the guyver and slaughter them all.”

Pillars of Heaven, Washington D.C.

            Shin Rubeo reads over the information that had been researched for him. Certain details begin to cause him great displeasure as he finds some things that seem to trouble him greatly. He stands from his desk as he receives a communication.

“What is it?”

“The team that had been dispatched to infiltrate and destroy the rebel faction with New York is about to make it’s final move, My Lord.”

“Hmm, what of the guyver there?”

“It has been sighted and had already killed one operative.”

“I see. I want back up units stationed around the location. Have they found out the locations of any of the other rebel factions yet?”

“Not yet, My Lord. Panadyne is about to start a date transfer from the main console in a few moments.”

“Good thank you for the report.”

            Shin turns of his view screen and looks out of the massive building to the city surrounding it. His mind pondering what he has found out about the expedition to Antarctica and why three of his compatriots would try to hide it’s findings so bad.

“What is going on?”

Undisclosed Location, New York

            Harrison radios Selica that he and the squad that had been sent to acquire the supplies are on their way to the bunker. Meanwhile Selica, William and the armed soldiers assist everyone they can on to buses, jeeps, and into cars.

“Selica, how’d you guys get all these vehicles?”

“I told you it’s taken sometime, but most of this was already here.”

“What do you mean?”

“This facility was made far before the attack of Chronos. It was originally supposed to be a shelter if a nuclear holocaust were to ever occur. Who’d have though that instead of a massive bomb going off, we’d be down here hiding from people that could turn into monsters.”

“Funny how things turn out, huh?”

“Selica, I’ve already warned the other rebels, and every computer is clean.”, yells Marcus as he makes his way into the bunker.

            Selica gives a thumbs up aiding an older man on to one of the buses It would seem that the only thing necessary now would be the supplies that they were waiting on. William came to stand beside Selica.

“I think that’s everyone. You want me to head to the doors or something?”

“You stay here for now, not everyone is here. We need Harrison and the rest of our troops. . .”

“Hey Lieutenant, you miss me?”

            Selica puts a smile on her face as she watches Harrison and a group of fifteen soldiers carrying all they can on their person and in hand from the armory and mess hall.

“Actually I was just saying how slow you can be sometime, you slacker.”

“Awww, come on Lieutenant. I’m not always this slow. It’s just all this stuff is so heavy.”

“Cork it for now and get that stuff on to those jeeps. We don’t have a lot of time left.”

“Actually Selica, you and the everyone else here don’t have anytime left.”

“Marcus, what are you talking about?”

            William takes a look at Marcus and in an instant he grabs Selica and pulls her back. Selica seems surprised until she thinks to herself. A shifting of her emotions occur and she lowers her head with closed eyes.

“How could you, Marcus. You were my friend?”

“I was a part of Chronos a longtime before we joined the military Sel. Think about it .I was physically better than you in every way and even mentally more prepared for combat, but some how you got the rank. It’s funny really, but that doesn’t matter right now. You people are all against Chronos and I can’t allow you to live.”

“So you planning on killing all of these people, or you planning on getting rid of me first and then killing off these people?”

“Oh yeah, that’s right. I do have to take care of you, but more to the point I have to retrieve that control medal of yours for my master. So either way.”

“How many of you were there?”

“How about we count?”

            With that said a car begins to rumble and shake violently. From the inside the roof begins to expand and swell while glass breaks and flies free of windshield. Suddenly a Gergoile bursts free holding a person by the heads it towers out of the car. Screams ensue as it steps forward snapping the neck of the person it had been holding and dropping the body. The others within the car try to escape but are caught as the Gergoile grabs the vehicle, lifting it over it’s head and then slams it into the ground causing it to explode instantaneously.

“There’s one.”, Marcus says with a sadistic tone.

            Not too far away the sight of laser fire hitting a bus sends Williams and Selicas sight over to it as it also explodes in a blaze of innocent death. Horrid yelling escapes people while Selica covers her mouth in disbelief. A Vamore stands perched at the gate that leads out of the underground facility with it’s bio-lasers still beaming with power. Meanwhile one of the troops near Harrison begins to metamorph, bursting out of his clothing and becoming covered in deep purple fur. A Ramotith roars loudly about to attack his former comrades as William leaps forward and calls forth his armor.

“And there’s two and three. With myself and Beck, that makes five. How do you like that Lieutenant? You had five zoanoids working for you from the get go and you didn’t even know it. Some commanding officer you are.”

“You bastard”

“I know I am. But enough about my bad up bringing. Let’s stick to hte matters at hand shall we?”

            The blast field surrounds William and the armor appears behind him. Selica turns and watches in wonder as Williams body becomes encased in the armor that was once behind him and the new form of the guyver charges forward sliding low and kicking out the Ramotiths leg sending it to the ground before it can attack anyone.

“William!! Or should I call you Guyver? Whatever the case maybe, I suggest you stop your attack or more of these people will die here and now!!!, yells Marcus’ voice from behind.

            William turns back around to see Marcus holding Selica tightly within his grasp. A devilish grin plays across his face as the Gergoile and Ramotith start to close in around William.

“So what do you say William? You going to stop this and just come with us quietly. Save yourself the trouble of carrying these peoples blood on your hands.”

“William don’t listen to him. You fight. We don’t matter. as long as you exist you can make a difference in this war against Chronos. You can help free the world.”

“Shut up, Selica. You don’t have a chance, and neither does that boy. It’s over for you all. You should have just accepted Chronos instead of trying to fight us.”

“Go to hell.”

“Heh, whatever. So what will it be William? The death of these people right here and now, or your surrender?”

            William clinches his fists tightly uncertain of what to do. If he surrenders these people will be spared for now, but Chronos could always will them later or have them processed into zoanoids. If he didn’t surrender he would be forfeiting these peoples lives and doing it rather selfishly. He was torn, but at the same time he knew what he had to do. He couldn’t be the one to sacrifice these peoples lives. As he was about to speak Harrison took a chance opening one of the munitions cases and pulls out a bazooka. A loading of a shell and warning to his comrades to take a step back and arm up was all that as needed before he fired. His rocket took to it’s mark and landed a direct hit upon the vamore at the gate. The two others zoanoids looked on in surprise as bullets began to rain upon them from behind. Marcus was becoming furious as with the commotion Williams armored form came running forward and with a heavy punch took Marcus off of Selica.

“Get to safety, now. I’ll take care of this with your friends.”

            Selica nodded and headed of while William took to the gate. The Vamore was getting ready to get back up from it’s time out from the explosion of the rocket against his form. Shaken and dazed the bio-laser type didn’t even see his end coming as William came running and swing his arm downward. The beasts head was split open like a melon spilling blood on the ground before the body began to decompose. William turns his attention to the convoy behind him and waved signaling they should move out. The gate began to open as William moved to help the soldiers under Harrison’s command.

            Marcus’ form shook off the effects of the massive hit delivered to him. He wiped his lips seeing blood and furrowed his brow as he watched Williams armored body head toward his last two troops. A twinge ensues as his body changes violently with segmented tendrils bursting out and a new form lashing outward at William.

            A thin beam of intense energy laces the air and connects with the back of the Gergoiles head as it tried to kill another troop. it’s body falls forward as Williams form can now be seen by Harrison. A smile on his face signals his joy, but that soon changes as he sees the form of another zoanoid coming in from behind William.

“Look out behind you, Kid!!!”, Harrison yells in warning.

            William tries to turn but is too late as he is tackled by Panadyne and hits the ground hard as the hyper-zoanoid. holds him down. William tries to raise his arms as Panadyne laughs maniacally.

“You think you can win? Heh, you fool. You’re nothing to me. I’m a hyper-zoanoid. I’m more powerful than the rest of my team.”

“You must really think you’re something, don’t you Marcus? Well, guess what you’re nothing but garbage to me.”

“Shut your face you idiot. You’re coming back to Chronos with us, whether you like it or not.”

“Says you bright eyes. Or should I say no eyes?”

            Williams fires his head beam hitting Panadyne in his right eye and clearing his head. A horrid scream comes from him as he falls off holing his empty socket and rolls on the ground in pain. Williams gets back to his feet and once more summons hte power of his gravity orb to create a pressure cannon in his right palm that he hurls forward hitting the Ramotith in the back of it’s body blowing out its chest and sending dissolving entrails flying on to the troops. Harrison huffs as he looks to William and throws a thumbs up. William returns the gesture as Selica comes up from behind driving one of the hummers.

“You guys load up those supplies and lets get moving. The convoy has already headed out and we’re falling behind the longer we’re here.”

            The soldiers salute and begin to do as their commanding officer had ordered William walks over to the hummers driver side and shakes his head at Selica. She on the other hand looks at him and grins. “What? I am the commanding officer here. I can’t just leave my troops behind you know?

“Whatever you say. Just don’t go blaming me when things go crazy, after I warn you.”

            Panadyne miraculously raises from the ground. His body shakey but still functioning as it roars loudly. The two cannons on it’s shoulders begin to fire wildly with two different compounds. The soldiers try their best to dodge the liquid but as a couple of shots merge in the air and ignite creating a huge explosion almost next to the hummer. The light from the explosion nearly blinds William but his hyper sensors pick up the approaching tendril heading at him. Williams hand reachs out before it has a chance to hit Selica and grabs it out of the air.

“You guys get out of here . . .NOW!!!”, yells William as he charges forward still holding Panadynes tendril. The troops that held the supplies that needed to be loaded hopped to work loading the hummer with everything they had. Soon everyone was mounted within and ready to go as Selica turned to watch William punch Panadyne heavily knocking it’s head back.

 

“Come on, Lieutenant. We have to get out of here”, stated Harrison placing a hand on her shoulder. Selica sighed and revved up the hummer and took off to the gate to escape the former haven of her resistance.

 

    Panadynes other tendril came flying from behind him and wrapped around Williams neck and tightened. Williams grasp on the other began to weaken and it too came to attack him. A swift motion sank it deep with in his abdomen causing him to spray blood from his breather units. Panadyne managed to laugh in its new state.

 

“You . . . thought . . . could beat me. . . . . A hyper-zoanoid I am”, the mentally challenged creature laughed even lauder as it prepared to fire it’s liquid cannons upon William.

 

“You’re still talking . . . pretty big for a guy missing some of his brain.”

 

    William extended his vibrational swords and with ease sliced his way free from his captivity and flipped back giving him some space. Panadyne once more began a barrage of his liquid discharges covering the ground in an array of explosions that William could hardly dodge. William flipped and rolled but still received heavy jolts from the explosions as they went off. As he landed from one of his flips some of the liquids combined right in front of him. The resulting explosion sent his body hurtling backwards. He hit the ground with a heavy thud and skid a few feet before he raised his head to see Panadyne coming closer and aiming his cannons at William.

 

“Looks like you still have a lot of fight in you for a guy who’s half dead.”

 

“More fight . . . . than you . . . . know . . . human.”

 

“Sorry but I’ve gotta cut this short though. It was fun playing with you. Hopefully this will ease the rest of you out of this world.”

 

    William stabs both hands into his chest plates and rips them open revealing the jelly like lenses beneath. They begin to charge as Panadyne looks almost surprised by this. William sighs lightly as he knows that Panadyne cannot function with such a pretty sight before him. With a full charge the mega-smasher releases it’s powerful energy in a viscous wave that consumes Panadyne within an instant. The form of the hyper zoanoid vanishes due to vaporization and William closes his chest plates having heavily.

 

“That was fun.”, William states as he looks around not seeing the hummer in the area anymore. He thinks to himself for a brief moment about his next move. He wasn’t a part of the rebel faction and knew nothing of their plans after leaving this place. He was on his own for now and that suited him just fine. A nod of his head and he took off towards the gate and made his way out and up a spiraling ramp. Every so often he would come to another floor that looked like a parking deck. In his head he was beginning to put it together; this building must have been a parking garage that was converted into some sort of shelter. But, why? Was it because of Chronos, or something else? He shrugged off his thoughts as he began to see light pouring in from around one of the corners. The exit was just up ahead, but soon his hyper sensors were picking up something else. It would seem he was about to run into some company as well, he was just hoping it would be friendly.

 

            A vast area of parking deck opened before him and the light of the sun poured in but the sight of laser fire took away the thought of friendly company. Burning metal dead bodies and zoanoids cluttered the area now. It would seem a mere team of ten zoanoids had intercepted the convoy of evacuating soldiers and personnel of the facility. Vamores lay waste with their bio-lasers while it would seem Gergoile, Broyz, and Razell type zoanoids did the rest with their fists. William clinched a fist tightly becoming overwhelming mad at the situation. If he had just been faster, none of this would have happened. He broke out of the parking deck and looked around assessing he area and combatants there in. With a smirk under the bio-material covering his face he saw Selica firing off rounds from an assault rifle while the troops that had been with her try there best to protect their cargo and their vehicle. William dashes over to them and fires his head beam off in short bursts hitting a Gergoile in the leg, and a Broyz in the neck killing him instantly.

 

“Finally decided to join us, huh?”, Selica chimed as she ceased fire just for a moment.

 

“Ha ha, funny. You guys need to get back into that hummer and make a break. I’ve got this.”

 

“You can’t handle everything by yourself. This is a team effort. You maybe the M.V.P., but everyone else has a role to play. You hear me?”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.” ,William salutes and chuckles before heading back to battle.

 

            The crystals on Williams body begin to glow brightly as he starts to run. His form begins to become a blur as he circles the area and grasps every single position of the zoanoids that are still alive. To William it would seem as if everything was going in slow motion as he moved through. Vibrational swords extended and William began his strike. A slash here and there, a quick leap that sent him sailing through he air followed by swift swing of his arm at a body. No one could see what was happening  until William made his way back to the hummer.

 

“It’s time to get going.”

 

            Selica turned to William with surprise on her face. “What are you talking about. These zoanoids are still attacking us.”

 

“Trust me. There taken care of.”

 

            William points in the direction of the Vamores that had been giving the cover fire for the hyper muscle type zoanoids. In succession each one fell apart as if being sliced by the air. All around the zoanoids that had been attacking, split in half and fell to the ground decomposing. Selica looked back to William he was now huffing before his armor was removed.

 

“See . . . I told you. They were . . . taken care . . . of . . .”, Williams words fall soft as his eyes close and he falls forward. Quickly Harrison comes over catching William before he hits the ground. Harrison gives William a look over and delivers his diagnosis.

 

“Seems the lad’s unconscious. He may have suffered a bit of a strain with all the fighting.”

 

            Selica nods and motions for everyone to gather. They all make their way back into the hummer and pull off with great haste. That force was merely a small one meant to catch them, but now with that team decimated reinforcements would be soon to follow. The amount of casualties was already high enough. Selica was not willing to lose anymore of her people today.

 

“So where are we headed Ma’am?”, questions Harrison.

 

“We have to find some where to hold up, but we have to make it out of the city. There’s no telling what Chronos has in store for us now. Our entire operation may be under attack now. We’ll have to get in contact with our other factions and try and figure out our next move.”

 

“How about we head north. Canada is pretty good place to hide out.”

 

“It’s going to take some time to get there though, but it doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Alright, Canada it is.” Selica looks down at William who’s head is now resting on her lap in the back seat. “Hopefully, you won’t be coming into this fight too late to help any of us survive.”

 

 

 

To Be Continued . . .

 

  

 


 
 
Back to Jason Duncan
 

The Web WarriorGuyver.com

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The Guyver Fan Archive is a collection of Archived Guyver Websites, Fan-Art and Fan-Fiction done by various people based on the Anime "Bio-Boosted Armour Guyver" by Yoshiki Takaya.

The fictions and images contained within this site belong to those that wrote and drew them and should not be used by other individuals unless you have their permission.